Preorder for the Alpha MPC is now open

It looks nice, but now that it's officially $80 I can officially pass. The only way that tiny little US released Toynami toy would be worth $80 is if it was pure diecast. Since it will surely contain a minimal amount, Toynami can cram it.

wow huge pics - you can see 2 things in detail from that -

1)The head has a huge seam in it a la Roy VF-1S 1/48 Yamato. Wide seams in the legs too but the head is ugh.

2)Hello? painted-over cockpit? I've seen better cockpits from our custom fanworks! They really could have invested in a clear cockpit cover you know.

a matching beta woulnd make this worth 80$...

a matching bta to scale would make the BETA WORTH 80$

prioze of MP prime? Sporry dude this only goes up to his shin or knee. And for that matter the upper leg of the MPC VF-1

"we regret to inform you that wee lost the tooling for the clear cokpit....we will implement it in future cvolumes...the cvolume 3 sue focker i mean graham will haeva clear canopy and pilot included"

remember that a day before it coms out i bet they WILL abnounce tha LOL./

\

but hioenstly a clear glass was on the proto at toyfair what the hell happened to it?

They can stuff the cyclones. All I want is an Alpha/Legioss and a Beta/Tread.

Some Invid/Inbit would be nice as superposables...

But I wouldn't buy any Cyclones/Ride Armor if they cost a nickel (I know some other mospeada fans will consider that heresy). Never have liked motorcylces though.

Looks ok but the shoulder missile just bothers me...

It's not a missle, it's a sensor pod.

It is not a tumah! :D

Other then the seams and the painted canopy (I presume this will change on the final version), the MPC Alpha looks promising.

They can stuff the cyclones. All I want is an Alpha/Legioss and a Beta/Tread.

Some Invid/Inbit would be nice as superposables...

But I wouldn't buy any Cyclones/Ride Armor if they cost a nickel (I know some other mospeada fans will consider that heresy). Never have liked motorcylces though.

Blasphamy!!!!!!!!!!!

Overall it's a much better-looking toy than the VF-1 MPC.

The seams hurt, as does the aforementioned seam on the 'faceplate'. How hard would it have been to make that one solid piece that is clipped or glued onto the rest of the head?

Also, the whole nose/canopy area looks wrong to me. It doesn't seem out of scale, but out of shape. Does that make sense?

Oh how I wish that 1) I had a lot of money, and 2) HG didn't screw up John Moscato's Legioss: Perfect Detail Version. If had the dough-dough I'd pay John to finish that, just so I'd have what is possibly the best MOSPEADA toy/model incarnation ever.

wow huge pics - you can see 2 things in detail from that -

1)The head has a huge seam in it a la Roy VF-1S 1/48 Yamato. Wide seams in the legs too but the head is ugh.

2)Hello? painted-over cockpit? I've seen better cockpits from our custom fanworks! They really could have invested in a clear cockpit cover you know.

Ack! I'm blinded

Toynami is not known for making the best Valks/Toys... and to charge $80 to boot... not sure to even a Robotech collector (and a true Macross collector) like myself would want to *puke* up that much money for one. If it came with a bunch of addl stuff... DVDs or CDs... Robotech Battlecry II for PS2 (if there was such a thing). Or was about half that price, I might consider it.

On second thought... if this were say... a prototype, the final version being "perfecct" that might be a different story.

Well, we've seen how Toynami's 'prototypes' compare to their 'production' toys. So, I think it's safe to say this is the best we'll see.

A clear canopy might be an improvement, but that's if they throw.

There's no way I am going to pay 80 dollars for a 1/55 Alpha/Legoiss. Very overpriced. It looks pretty good (lot better than the VF-1 MPC's came out IMO), but the price is in no way justified for what you get, being so very small. 50 dollars, maybe. I wonder how big are the "books" going to be for these, too.

I shall wait for a sale. If push comes to shove I might cave on a green one, but we'll see.

i'm optimistic that the canopy will be in better shape closer to production. to keep things a little balanced here i think it looks alright (canopy paint not withstanding). an alpha-beta linkup would be pretty impressive looking.

the only point which i will agree on is that the price is very high and out of my budget.

was there any word on whether it had electronic features?