YF-21 FastPack

Daishi3500

Sorry if I missed a previous discussion on this, but I was considering getting one. I missed out on this one and the regular yf-21. I read graham's review in the toy section. There looks to be a few problems with it like the hands, head, and gerwalk, however he said it was only a prototype. For those who have them, can you tell me if its worth it, furthermore whats wrong with them. Its either this or a SOC eva-00.

For 50-65 bucks like thay can be found for, maybe. I don't like the Fast Packs it came with, so I have mine displayed in fighter mode without the fast packs.

Gerwalk is very hard to balance. Some have looser legs than others (yes, I know how that sounds) so balance can be an issue in battroid too. The backpack also does not lock very well. It is however pretty nicely detailed, even if the color is off. In fighter mode w/out the fastpacks, it is as sleek as it should be and not too bad for a display piece.

does it stand and pose well in batroid?

It does stand in Battroid, but it's not very posible. You can get it to do a nice stand pose, and perhaps a shooting pose, but that's about it. If the hips were firmer, you could do some nice poses...

Yeah, it's one of my favorite valks (right behind my Low-Viz). I got a good one with nice relatively firm hips.

Hope they do a VF-X2 VF-22S with some very slight changes (folding landing gear IN the FP panels - I disagree with Graham's review... there's MORE space in the FP panels than on the normal leg covers). Maybe ratcheded hips would be cool... but I really want a movable head laser. Is that too much to ask? :ph34r: I'd also like them to get the thrust vectoring panels proportioned right. Doesn't quite look like the line art to me. YMMV.

I have mine standing next to my computer, 'cause I just love it. It's one of my favorite Valkyries, so when the first version came out I bought it with eyes closed. Maybe I was a little impulsive, but this baby is definitely a must have if you love the YF-21.

There's a lot of improvement from the first version. The only complain I have is the lenght of the boosters in battroid mode, but then again is the only way to conceal the legs in fighter mode. The Hasegawa Sturmvogel is pretty sweet but if you take a closer look, you will see the feet sneaking out below the thrusters. Maybe Yamato releases a bigger YF-21 with THAT amount of detail someday, but for now (and 'till I get my first 1/48) this remains as my favorite toy.

The Good:

- Sleek(er) fighter mode

- GUNPODS!!

- 21 is just.. different...

The Bad:

- Boosters do not stay up in battriod mode

- Most (if not all) of said toys don't stand too well, due to poorly designed hips

Honestly, I took some clear nail polish to the hip joints, and it tightened up nicely. If you can find one cheap, pick it up.

The Good:

- Sleek(er) fighter mode

- GUNPODS!!

- 21 is just.. different...

The Bad:

- Boosters do not stay up in battriod mode

- Most (if not all) of said toys don't stand too well, due to poorly designed hips

Honestly, I took some clear nail polish to the hip joints, and it tightened up nicely. If you can find one cheap, pick it up.

I have one too. What GreenGuy42 had to say, pretty much summed it up for me.

I too had to use nail polish to tighten up the hip joints.

• 2 weeks later...

I got one.

It takes a bit of "breaking into" but once you figure out the way the toy is balanced, it get's pretty easy to transform. Contrary to what I've read here I think the slight loose-ness of the hips makes it easier for me to make adjustments. Again, you gotta get very familiar with how the thing is balanced.

Great valk. IMHO it's superior to the Yf 19 in all modes with the exception of the battroid mode.

Ya got the VF 11B FP's? That's one sweet yammie. The best of the Mac + series IMHO.

I have 2! I LOVE IT! but all the problems Graham mentions in his review ARE still present. I read his review first and bought it knowing the risks. You can predict whether you'd like it based on the review, if it doesn't sound good, don't get it.

My brother has one and he hates the thing due to it's complicated transformation.

Don't own one, but from pictures and reviews, it looks pretty simple to transform. Like a plane with folded in limbs. Just unfold the limbs and drop the nose cone...voila. Looks that way anyway....guess its not that simple. lol.

I have 2! I LOVE IT! but all the problems Graham mentions in his review ARE still present. I read his review first and bought it knowing the risks. You can predict whether you'd like it based on the review, if it doesn't sound good, don't get it.

I also bought one, knowing the risks. Mine had really loose ball-and-socket hip joints which I promply cut small pieces of electrical tape to apply to the ball part; the electrical tape cures and makes a rubbery seal inside the joint. The thing stands solid, now. Mine also had a part missing in one of the extending "shins." I had to fabricate my own part just to get the part to click into the down position. I like the thing, now.

I also bought 2 and happy with the ones I have. After practicing I am able to get them to stand fine.

the transformation may look simple but it's not, all the loose pieces flopping around make it even hardering. But once you get use to it, it's so much easier. Mine is displayed in fighter mode with out the armor also. love the slim look.

Yea.. regular 21 looks like a pregnant pengiun...

I had the Fast Pack version a couple of months ago. Like the other posts have previously stated the Fighter Mode is a lot nicer (with the sleek profile). The Fast Pack upgrades are a nice touch, and you can't go wrong with dual gunpods.

Although, like the original Yammie YF-21 it tends to topple over (like a woman with HUGE implants) due to it's heavy chest. :ph34r:

still kinda iffy, sucks that most of yamato dont have malo hips. But i must ask, is the vf-11 FP at all better. Im asking this as well because tam has some a twin moons. Graham dosn't have a review of the fp version. For those who do have them, is it the same ol' valk just with fp? sorry if this goes too off topic, but hey, i created this topic.

still kinda iffy, sucks that most of yamato dont have malo hips. But i must ask, is the vf-11 FP at all better. Im asking this as well because tam has some a twin moons. Graham dosn't have a review of the fp version. For those who do have them, is it the same ol' valk just with fp? sorry if this goes too off topic, but hey, i created this topic.

Same valk? Yes.

New hips....

It's actually a REALLY good toy. The shield doesn't pop off, and the arms fold easier into fighter mode.

The VF11b i had was awesome and I preferred it over my 19 as a toy because it was AWESOME. Sleek and its trasnformation was relatively simple. BUt one fateful day it fell and its hips broke off. SO If i were you i would get a 21 nad VF11b. hel they both loook good and chance are we might not see biger scale macross plus toys.

My YF-21 doesn't get much play. It's a nifty looking toy, but it's not real posable. I'll transform it from one mode to another every so often, but that's about it. As things are, it's been standing (quite easily, in fact) in battroid mode next to my monitor for the past several months. My 1/60 DYRL? Max 1A tends to keep it company.

The M+ toys are nice for something a little different, but they're not great toys. If you don't mind a display piece, by all means pick up the improved 11 and 21 (My 11's hips are as sturdy as ever, they fixed that quite well).

Last time I tried to transform my old 11b I found myself holding the right leg. The hips joint are obviously a problem in the first version. Does the fp version gets better, and how? It has another articulation system?

I'm thinking on buying the fast pack version but the Studio Half Eye vf-11 is so good that I can't help but thinking that Yamato could do a lot better with this one. I find those plastic bulks beneath the wings very disturbing.

Ya I don't really care for the YF-21 FP. I only bought it because I sold my original. The color is wrong. I like the color just not on the YF-21. Its supposed to be blue not purple.

Fighter is the best mode. Battroid mode is ok and Gerwalk mode is a mess. I stiffened up the hips by applying epoxy to the ball joints.

Yeah, it's one of my favorite valks (right behind my Low-Viz).  I got a good one with nice relatively firm hips.

Lucky you! I don't play with it that often. I kinda feel cheated. IF I have some money left over after my Q-rau & YF-19 FP, I'll get a second one, hopefully with tight hips and use that as either my fighter mode/battroid mode display.

Hey is the YF21Fp more articulated than the Vf19A toy? I havbe a broken 11B and a good condition Vf19A...I was ijmpressed by the 11B til the legs broke but have yet to buy a YF21.  oh yea are the hips as looose as the VF19A's forearm elbow joints?

Articulation? Hopefully this helps.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/y...21fp_sample.htm

As for the hips, it depends. The one I have is so loose that it wstill wobbles even if you tighten the screws that secures the leg to the ball joint. The only solution to that was by applying clear nail polish on the ball joint. Lucky for Uxi, his doesn't have the same problem as I have.

The M+ toys are nice for something a little different, but they're not great toys. If you don't mind a display piece, by all means pick up the improved 11 and 21 (My 11's hips are as sturdy as ever, they fixed that quite well).

damn, maybe i should just wait for the yf-19 fp, hopefully its gonna be kick-ass and stream-line. They ARE redesigning it aren't they?

damn, maybe i should just wait for the yf-19 fp, hopefully its gonna be kick-ass and stream-line. They ARE redesigning it aren't they?

Yes, Yamato is redesigning the YF-19. It'll probably be released after the VF-0. It was discussed here in som thread. I hope sombody can back me up on this one?