Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

I hope that the redeco will be Decepticons cause there are so many Autobots now :p

Booh yeah!!!! But you know what I bet you the S2000 is prolly this so called Acura. Cause doesnt Windcharger come right after Grimlock? And Mitsubishi I can only hope for an Evo. Cause anything else would be stupid from the Mistu line of cars.

SO how many companies out there are trying to show their goods so that they can try and pick up some of the CG shots for the Transformers movie?

I think this is a good example.

I don't think it will work, bot is too skinny

alittle skinny maybe but pretty cool either way, definetly smokescreen in terms of transformation, i wonder if this is the type of thing we are going to see in the movie.

Booh yeah!!!! But you know what I bet you the S2000 is prolly this so called Acura. Cause doesnt Windcharger come right after Grimlock? And Mitsubishi I can only hope for an Evo. Cause anything else would be stupid from the Mistu line of cars.

Does Acura actually exist in Japan? I though it was just Honda's American luxury line. I'm just not sure they'd put the Acura label on the S2000, it just seems weird. Either way the S2000 is my current favorite automobile so as long as I get one and a Decep version I'll be happy.

But you know what I bet you the S2000 is prolly this so called Acura. Cause doesnt Windcharger come right after Grimlock?

No. Here's the full list, complete with Windcharger as a seperate entry.

81301 Smokescreen (blue Subaru Impreza WRT)

81302 Side Swipe (red Dodge Viper)

81303 Autobot Hound (green Jeep Wrangler)

81304 Autobot Tracks (blue Chevy Corvette)

81305 Meister (white Mazda RX-8)

81306 Grimlock (silver Ford Mustang)

81309 Silverstreak (silver Subaru Impreza WRT)

81311 Dead End (black Dodge Viper)

81312 Swindle (yellow Jeep Wrangler)

81315 Windcharger (red Honda S2000)

81316 Battle Ravage (black Chevy Corvette)

81317 Unknown (Ford Mustang redeco)

81318 Unknown (Acura)*

81321 Unknown (Mitsubishi)*

81322 Unknown (Mazda RX-8 redeco)

hasbro.com has pictures of Windcharger up, so it won't be too long until we start seeing it in stores, I'd assume.

I just found Meister at Wal-Mart in my area..... someone was hiding him behind the Star Wars toys. I saw a red box out of the corner of my eye, took the chance... and viola! :D

sucks to be them.. Oh well

Edit: My vote is for the NSX, too, but that's my bias for RWD talking. Honestly, the RSX is a fine little automobile, and either way, I'd be buying it.

Edited by GreenGuy42

but if you think about it, what car is more sportier? the NSX or RSX? I'd say the NSX and that's what would be a better option for them to go with. It's the same deal with the S2000. Takara could've used the civic model but chose S2000 better because it's a sportier car. I see the RSX is like the civic but as an acura. I'd say they would pick a NSX. :p:lol:

Oh, one thing that bothers me about my Alternator Tracks is that at the back license plate the autobot insignia looks like 1/3 of the center of it is missing. Any one else got his like that?

It just looks like that. I'm thinking of replacing it with either the Corvette logo or licence plate decal from the Revell kit.

BTW, as I'm planning the finishing touches to my Tracks custom, I'm thinking of repainting the shoulder missles. What color should I use?

Oh, one thing that bothers me about my Alternator Tracks is that at the back license plate the autobot insignia looks like 1/3 of the center of it is missing. Any one else got his like that?

It just looks like that. I'm thinking of replacing it with either the Corvette logo or licence plate decal from the Revell kit.

BTW, as I'm planning the finishing touches to my Tracks custom, I'm thinking of repainting the shoulder missles. What color should I use?

You should paint it a metalic gray. Are you going to fill the missiles sides a little so those holes not show?

Any one has a list of all the names Hasbro has lost of the Transformers?

Question from Beast Wars:

Is Optimal Optimus supposed to be the same size as G1 Prime or the same size as an average autobot?

Is the size difference between Prime and an regular Autobot warrior the same as MP Prime and the Alternators?

I think I am going to wait for the decepticon version of the Honda S2000.

No new alternators in my local Walmart just a lot of Silverstreaks, several hounds and a couple of Sideswipes

Edited by RichterX

optimal optimus was much larger than most other bots from his generation, but much smaller than the G1 guys, think back to megatron floating in front of prime's head before he shoots him... megatron was about the size of prime's head.

second question: I would imagine so, I believe MPC prime and the alternators are all in the 1/24 scale.

optimal optimus was much larger than most other bots from his generation, but much smaller than the G1 guys, think back to megatron floating in front of prime's head before he shoots him... megatron was about the size of prime's head.

second question: I would imagine so, I believe MPC prime and the alternators are all in the 1/24 scale.

I guess if an actual 1/24 Optimal Optimus toy was done he would be same size as an Altenator cause the other Maximals were kind of 1/3 of his size, and Maximals are around human size, right?

I feel like getting an Optimal Optimus just to make him hold the Matrix of the MP Prime...

I need to get also a seat for prime and trash up his head to make that scene :lol:

That kinda made me scratch my head.....

why's a T-rex smaller than a truck? :huh:

And i don't follow beastwars after that particular episode (beast wars stopped airing right after that episode here)...but is Primal == Prime or some kinda distant brother or something?

And i don't follow beastwars after that particular episode (beast wars stopped airing right after that episode here)...but is Primal == Prime or some kinda distant brother or something?

He was never ment to be Prime, Primal was more like a direct decendant of Prime kind of Prime was his great, great grandpa.

Megatron T-Rex mode was smaller than a car because different to the Autobots and Decepticons, Maximals and Predacon remained around the same size in alternate mode.

Edited by RichterX

He was never ment to be Prime, Primal was more like a direct decendant of Prime kind of Prime was his great, great grandpa.

Megatron T-Rex mode was smaller than a car because different to the Autobots and Decepticons, Maximals and Predacon remained around the same size in alternate mode.

So you mean the autobots became bigger when they transformed into robots? I can deal with that....but not so big that Megatron the T-Rex is miniaturised to the size of Prime's head. Or are T-rex's really that small? :lol:

If Primal is Prime's direct decendant, i guess that makes Megatron the trex also the direct descendant of Megatron the gun....but that scene was uber weird cause there were decepticons in the ark as well? Wth? Thought the ark and the decepticon ship crash landed on earth in different places.

Sorry for n00b questions. Never been keeping up since after G1.

If Primal is Prime's direct decendant, i guess that makes Megatron the trex also the direct descendant of Megatron the gun....but that scene was uber weird cause there were decepticons in the ark as well? Wth? Thought the ark and the decepticon ship crash landed on earth in different places.

Sorry for n00b questions. Never been keeping up since after G1.

Oh...

I guess you don't remember G1 that well, the Decepticons invaded the Ark before it crashed in Earth, that is why the Decepticons are inside. It is hard to tell if Megatron from Beast Wars is a direct decendant of G1 Megatron or just a decendant in general from the decepticon, I go for the last one as he just refere to G1 as his namesake, not as his ancestor.

Isn't the Primal Prime toy actually a much smaller scale than 1/24? Maybe 1/55? I don't have one anymore, but I remember the seat in the cockpit being much smaller than an Alternator seat. This would mean that Optimal Optimus is actually much larger than he was depictated on the show.

IIRC, the Decepticons board the Ark, shoot a bunch of folks and don't make it off before the crash. The Ark computer (Teletran-1?) indescriminately repairs the Autobots & Decepticons giving them Earth forms. Or maybe it is the comic I'm thinking of.

Isn't the Primal Prime toy actually a much smaller scale than 1/24? Maybe 1/55? I don't have one anymore, but I remember the seat in the cockpit being much smaller than an Alternator seat. This would mean that Optimal Optimus is actually much larger than he was depictated on the show.

IIRC, the Decepticons board the Ark, shoot a bunch of folks and don't make it off before the crash. The Ark computer (Teletran-1?) indescriminately repairs the Autobots & Decepticons giving them Earth forms. Or maybe it is the comic I'm thinking of.

Yeah you are right about the Teletran-1 (not Teletron) repairing Decepticons first and the Autobots in the cartoon.

I don't think that Optimal Optimus toy is made in scale, but I would guess he was in the same size range of an averege Autobot, more or less like half of prime size, probably less... dunno... :unsure:

I beleive since the Preds and Maximals where decendants they had far advanced technology allowing them to reach the small sizes, more efficent maybe. :huh:

Megatron from Beast war was not related to the original Megs, he took the name in honor of his hero, G1 Megs. Primal is just a commander I beleive, not directly related the Prime but some how he is.

I beleive since the Preds and Maximals where decendants they had far advanced technology allowing them to reach the small sizes, more efficent maybe. :huh:

Megatron from Beast war was not related to the original Megs, he took the name in honor of his hero, G1 Megs. Primal is just a commander I beleive, not directly related the Prime but some how he is.

There is a convoy council. The original Optimus Prime and BW Optimus Primal were both members.

Beast Wars was all time travelly IIRC...that was how tehy explained the Ark's prescence...they got all warp drive traveld beck in time....I think. i seem to recal hearing this in that confusing show...whcih had some good parts, but I hated on a whole, but at least not as bad as Beast machines...that ruined it

yup, beast wars started way way way into the future, they went back in time, saved the G1 guys, captured megs and went home to cybertron only to lose megs, have one of their own betray them and confuse transformer fans world wide.

beast wars was a fun show though, had some really cool episodes.

They actually showed a human child (well maybe not homo sapiens, but close.. maybe neanderthal..) playing on Optimal Optimus. Going by rough size guesses, I would say he was about as large as the normal sized Autobots in that form, maybe a little bigger.

Of course the (IMHO bad) G1 cartoons didn't exactly have proper scale, but if we use 20th Anniversary Prime and the Alternators as a reference, Optimal Optimus would be about as big as the Alternators, and the normal Beast Wars, Fuzors, and Transmetals would be about as large in comparison as the G1 minicars, maybe twice as large since the camera angle with Beast Wars Megatron was a bit skewed.

Some of the Transformers convention comics had the Beast Wars characters coming up to Hot Rod's abdomen area in size.

If we say 20th Prime is 1/24 scale like the Alternators, it would mean he was 23-25 feet tall. (I did a quick measurement and he was about 11.5 inches tall. Not an accurate or scientific one though.)

The Alternators are roughly 7 inches tall, for about 14 feet tall. This would fit Optimal Optimus pretty close as the pre human kids were about as big as his fists.

This scale would also closely fit the average Beast Wars character being a little over half that height, roughly 6-8 feet tall in robot mode.

Using a Beast Wars Tigatron toy for my measurements, I get it as about 4 inches from snout to hindquarters. In robot mode, Tigatron is about 5 1/4 inches tall, which in robot mode comes generally close to the TF convention comics' size of the Beast Warriors. Which would be 8 feet long in tiger form, and 10.5 feet tall in robot mode. That's a BIG kitty cat! I would say the Beast Wars toys are a little too big to be in proper scale to the Alternators, though it is really close. If I take 10% off the Beast War toy's size, I get a more reasonable 9.45 feet tall in robot mode, and 7.2 feet long in beast mode. I guess prehistoric tigers were a bit larger but not much larger than their modern counterparts, which would work fine since Tigatron was seen in beast mode next to a normal white tiger of that prehistoric time period.

So what do we get for a rough size of the Transformers?

Optimus Prime: 24 ft.

Prowl, Jazz, other average sized Autobots: 14 ft.

Optimal Optimus: 14 ft.

Tigatron, Silverbolt, and other average sized Maximals: 9.4 ft.

size relationships were never really described well on beast wars.

in the episode where cheetor wakes up and prime has already become optimal optimus, optimal's arms were HUGE in relation to cheetor.

here's a pic (taken from www.bwtf.com):

post-26-1100674383.jpg

Optimus Prime: 24 ft.

Prowl, Jazz, other average sized Autobots: 14 ft.

Optimal Optimus: 14 ft.

Tigatron, Silverbolt, and other average sized Maximals: 9.4 ft.

Nice calculations Blood Cat :D

I was looking in the web and found that Bob Forward, one of the writers of Beast Wars said that Rattrap is five feet tall.

I guess the average Maximal is 6 ft, the big exception being Depth Charge that is around prob 9ft tall

I think Optimal is actually somewhere between 14 to 15ft the size of a regular autobot

Edited by RichterX

Id say the regular size Maximals are bigger than 6 feet. Maybe not as tall as my estimated 9.45, but certainly more than 2 meters! 7-8 is probably the best compromise height, which makes at least some of their beast modes more reasonable for the ones whose animal forms match size as well.

Obviously Waspinator and Rattrap don't have scale sized beast forms. Original form Megatron possibly does, but he shrinks a bit when he gets Transmetalled. Probably the T rex he scanned was an adolescent.

Daniel in TFTM comes up to about Hot Rod's knee. (About 4-5 feet tall. Daniel is probably 10-12 at that time.) In one of the TF convention comics the Maximals are shown in some cases to reach around Hot Rod's hips/abdomen.

From this admittedly scale nonexistant mess we can guess the "average" Maximal to be about 7 1/2 feet all with few reaching standard G1 Autobot height. Optimal Optimus clearly did, though TM2 Megatron, Rampage, Big Convoy, and Longrack might have come close.

Well, part of the problem of picking up scales from the cartoon is that the creators deliberately altered the dimensions for "psychological effect" I wish I could find the article, but from what I read the reason the animators made Megatron so small compared to the autobots in the ark was because they wanted to emphasize the monumental nature of the Autobots historically. I thought this was a little silly myself - especially since part of the appeal of CG is the comparitive realism and geomentric regularity in contrast to most traditional cell animation. In my mind, the only way this would have worked is if they made the scene a little more surreal and added a commentary to help us realize that Megatron, despite his arrogance, is still in awe of these legendary figures.

Sorry if I'm covering something that's been said already, but anyone see that Citroen commercial? If the Autobots and Decepticons look that good in the upcoming Transformers movie, live action might not be so bad after all...