Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

i just got the the silverstrak, has anyone noticed a not as good parts fit? specifially the hood doesnt seem to open all the way unless forces, and the steering axle isnt lined up as well as on smokescreen

actually the front hood on my smokscreen has a hard time going up as well unless forced. does anyone know when the us version of Hound is coming out?

here is a little other mod I did to smokescreen. rear seats hehe

Does he still transform, though?

yeah its just like my engine bay mod. its jsut a piece that fills in. It is removable. kinda like the intake covers of the 1/48

As much as I prefer the concept of all the weapons becoming parts of the car and therefore keeping the car looking normal (and not have them going into subspace or whatever the old logic claimed), I actually don't mind the missiles sitting on the sit of the spoiler. At least they don't disappear and I like the idea that they're sort of optional 'heavy firepower' addons that the Autobots would attach if they knew they were going into a big battle and didn't really care about the 'robots in disguise' part as much as 'robots who have a faster alternative mode'.

I'll have to agree that Tracks is growing on me in yellow, especially with the amount of black in robot mode, but I almost think that a yellow/black combination would've made a better Stunticon color (Dragstrip maybe, despite the fact that I'd rather see him as a Mirage repaint).

Yeah, Drag Strip would have been the perfect one to get the yellow. Pity. Anything other than yellow would have been fine with me for tracks. I'll pick up whoever the next vette is at least.

As for Smokescreen, I'm am definately not buying the new one. Already bought one smokescreen, no point for me to buy another one for a sculpt tweak and shoulder cannon. He looks better without it anyway.

I thought the Hasbro Silverstreak came out a lot better than Smokescreen did. The legs seemed easier to move, and he fit together into car mode a bit easier. Maybe just experience.

I still love the Hasbro versions. No paint chip worry, and half the price.

To echo zeo-mare, when is Hound supposed to come out?

Can't wait for my bt streak & hound to get in! :D Insecticons will come with energon cubes ( how many is unknown) & will most likely be sold in a boxed set for around $30 something like JKS said. Most likely the same prices as all the others have been...

About damn time we see some more decepticons! This line has been nothing but autobot this & autobot that lately!

Edited by Synch

Tracks looks nice in car mode, even with the yellow being as bright as it is, I would have rather seen Blue though.

Chris

Thing that bothers me most about tracks is the large seem down his hood.

I think I gonna become crazy like Godzilla and buy the "new" Smokescreen = 3 smokey #7, #8 then #2 :lol:

Thing that bothers me most about tracks is the large seem down his hood.

unfortunally due to the way it transforms there seems to be no way around that, I think it looks good though, i am still not to crazy about the yellow color, they should have used that for sunstreaker, who I can only assume will be Blue when he comes out <_<

they should make one that uses the hood or roof as a sheild

yea that seems like a cool idea it also seems like something you may see later down the line. aint tracks coming out this month?

I've got 2 quick dumb questions:

What is the difference between the Subaru WRC & the WRX?

& other than 1 is the Japanese version & the other is the U.S. version, what is the difference between the Binaltech & Alternator Transformers?

someone correct me if im wrong but i believe the wrcs are the official subaru rally cars so it would have more in common with the sti, while the wrx is a mid-level comsumer sedan better than the impreza but not as good as the sti

ok here I come to correct all of you.

Subaru WRC is a rally car. It is a Race car. Think what is teh difference between a Pontiac GTo vs a Nascar Pontiac GTO? well duh one is a race car while the other is not.

WRC stands for World Rally Championship.

The WRX is not better than an Imprezza. The WRX is an Imprezza. Imprezza is the model of car. The WRX is a trim level. Like Integra. You have RS, LS, GSR, and Type R.

The WRC has nothing in common with the STI. Everything has been changed on the rally car. Such as Front mounted intercoller, stripped out interior, full frame roll cage. Even the spoiler is different. But yes the STI does have more in common with the WRC than the regular WRX however it is no where close to the Rally car.

Well to a certain level.

The WRX is also Turbo charged vs the Naturally Aspirated engine in the base Impreza RS.

And yes the WRC is a race car not for sale with extreme differences to the street car. The STI is a very finely tuned WRX with more horsepower and a .5 litre engine displacement difference(in the US anyway)

WRC=World Rally Car

WRX= World Rally X (X=inspired or type..no specifics were really named by Subaru)

;)

yay! :p someone with knowledge! i'm sooooooo happy there are people who know the difference!

dont need to repeat whats been said, but i want to state a STi is just a tuned WRX! (factory support) The world impreza actualy in fact has a 2.0 motor, reasons why the USDM market got the 2.5 was because of efficiency to make more power to not let down the Impreza fans, add to that it is very emmisions friendly.

i get anoyed when people begin talking about how the wrx and the Sti are not the same car and it is seprate, its an Impreza WRX STi you dults! :blink::p no offense to anyone here just a rather blunt attempt to some ricerboi's

the rx8 one is pretty nifty i remember the vid of it a fe months back, im just waiting for an evo version to compete with my wrc model :D

That looks VERY SWEET but what's up with Tracks red-devilish face? :ph34r:

Energon Burn? (sunburn) :lol:

Despite what I thought about the 1st Tracks protoype being fugly, I like this one. Might get the alternator version. Currently getting binaltechs of what I like and alternators of what i don't really like but want to complete the line.

Tracks always had a red face. Probably embarrassed to be released at the same time as Skids.

I still don't like sculpt. I've seen photoshopings of Tracks repainted with a new head to look like Wheeljack. That one I'd have to get, despite not liking the sculpt. (Though, I still rather see WJ as a Ford GT)

That blue tracks is exactly how he's supposed to look. I wish it does come out like that. I wonder if it's a fan job, a photoshopped proto, or legit? That is dead end next to him, and sideswipe in the bottom left.

Edited by Anubis

I hate the Tracks scuplt too, what with all those bits sticking out everywhere. But if it's done in blue I will also get one out of spite! :D