Warning: Photobucket locks third party posting behind pay wall.

Astralith

Please explain this and how do I get rid of it. I can't see 50% of the images on this forum because they have all been replaced with this infuriating image.   

Update: So yeah if you have ever shared photos on this or any other forum or website not sponsored by photo bucket in the past, chances are those pictures have been violated and replaced with this image.    

bwe.png

I think Photo bucket just broke the internet. Or at the very least, our holy forums.  

Edited by Astralith

The short answer?  Spread the word that Photobucket has forsaken any chance it had of remaining relevant, and everyone needs to ditch their accounts as fast as possible, and either use some other form of storage, or just upload their photos directly to the forums.

They now want people paying a yearly fee of $400 to allow linking of images on their account.

I downloaded everything I had on there, and have deleted my account now.

Edited by Chronocidal

Christ almighty 

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

The short answer?  Spread the word that Photobucket has forsaken any chance it had of remaining relevant, and everyone needs to ditch their accounts as fast as possible, and either use some other form of storage, or just upload their photos directly to the forums.

They now want people paying a yearly fee of $400 to allow linking of images on their account.

I downloaded everything I had on there, and have deleted my account now.

it is a warning that if you have precious photo back up hosted in Photobucket, download it now and transfer it elsewhere. I dont know what happened to them, they were heavily recommended in different forums that I know before and in the face of competition, they resorted to tactics that made them irrelevant.

I have no interest in paying a site to keep my collection pics.  I have my collection pics on the Toyark forum and here on MW instead.  I only link within each individual forum though.

the frakk...

so can nobody besides me see this? (random pic from my photobucket).

B9oL76UCUAAHWBj_zps1wikvd5e.jpg

guess it's a good thing I only used photobucket for junk that I didn't think was worth wasting the forums gallery space on.

My first time hearing about this recently was when browsing an older forum that did not have local storage, and suddenly the community was practically rioting because a significant majority of images in the forums suddenly were replaced by Photobucket's hostage letter.

Edited by Chronocidal

8 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

the frakk...

so can nobody besides me see this? (random pic from my photobucket).

B9oL76UCUAAHWBj_zps1wikvd5e.jpg

guess it's a good thing I only used photobucket for junk that I didn't think was worth wasting the forums gallery space on.

WEEB ALERT!!!!!!!!! Nah, i'm jk. 

I can see it, not sure if anyone else can however. 

I can see the photo but there must be a limit or allowed bandwidth to let it get hosted. I saw other forums that has hostage photos as well. Another gripe with Photobucket before and until now (at most times) was the awful lag before I can see my pictures.

Edited by chyll2

I have two photobucket accounts, and only the one where I've used more frequently (with more pics and links to it) had issue (the issue being that on "3rd party" site like MW I get the "please update your account...." message instead of my pictures). The pictures from my other account are showing fine on MW. All pictures can be viewed and downloaded no problem if you go to photobucket to view them.

Based on that I assume it means if you have more than X pictures being linked to 3rd party sites, then you'll be asked to pay the $399 annual fee; the 3rd party linking is free until you hit the threshold. 

Edited by locidm

They would be smart to state this and clarify the limits before their entire userbase evaporates in a fit of rage.

I'm curious if I'd be able to link mine still, but their site is so bloated I don't use it anyway.  I mostly just kept it as an archive for linking random things when I wanted.