The Medicom - Mafex - RAH Thread

I don't know about hope they'll complete anything yet.  They're deviating in weird ways with the X-Men.  Jean looks great but we don't have any of that team, really.  More AoA is cool but Magneto, Wolverine and Cyke don't go together in that world really (Wolvie and Cyke look incredible compared to the half-assed trash Hasbro put out.)

No sign of more Blue/Gold which we're the furthest in on.  Iceman, Beast and Archangel would have made the most sense to show given they would cover both Blue/Gold and X-Factor teams.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I don't know about hope they'll complete anything yet.  They're deviating in weird ways with the X-Men.  Jean looks great but we don't have any of that team, really.  More AoA is cool but Magneto, Wolverine and Cyke don't go together in that world really (Wolvie and Cyke look incredible compared to the half-assed trash Hasbro put out.)

No sign of more Blue/Gold which we're the furthest in on.  Iceman, Beast and Archangel would have made the most sense to show given they would cover both Blue/Gold and X-Factor teams.

Yeah I agree with you that the shown figures don’t male much sense to me. 

Still my fear was that they wouldn’t release any more Marvel characters since we had no new announcements recently.

So even if they are not the figures I would want fist, I’m glad that they are continuing the line.

Edited by Scyla

44 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Yeah I agree with you that the shown figures don’t male much sense to me. 

Still my fear was that they wouldn’t release any more Marvel characters since we had no new announcements recently.

So even if they are not the figures I would want fist, I’m glad that they are continuing the line.

Don't get me wrong, I want all of them.  I think if their production were faster I'd be less irritated with their odd deviations, especially considering how they just keep rolling along on the DC side with everything from Hush and Return of Superman.  We know they're capable of filling out rosters.

Wow!

Thanks for the Spiderman 2099 Mafex B)) I like the masked head of Cap. Not sure about the gritted teeth and unmasked heads.

Are they re-releasing Hush Batman...or just displaying previous releases from the Mafex line?

Phoenix and Captain America already up for pre-order.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-157341
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-157342

https://www.hlj.com/mafex-captain-america-comic-ver-medmafex-217
https://www.hlj.com/mafex-phoenix-comic-ver-medmafex-218

Edit: Also I can't help it, I keep seeing Jean Grey wearing a Zeon uniform. 😄

Edited by lechuck

• 5 weeks later...

Presumably they didn't notice the difference.  I know I didn't outside of the fact I think the blue is too bright.

...and looking up the differences now I see why I think the color is too bright.  The WS museum one is a brighter color.  Too bad they got the costumes mixed up.

Edited by Mommar

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Presumably they didn't notice the difference.  I know I didn't outside of the fact I think the blue is too bright.

...and looking up the differences now I see why I think the color is too bright.  The WS museum one is a brighter color.  Too bad they got the costumes mixed up.

I really like the First Avenger costume so if this were those colors I would probably bite, as-is, like you said, it's a bit too bright. I also really wanted Bandai to put out that Figuarts Star Spangled Man Cap, but that was just another prototype that will never see the light of day. 

Looks like Medicom listened to feedback about the colors and updated their website pics (also they're aware this is the museum piece because their website has this branded as The Winter Soldier and not First Avenger.)  Absolutely sold on it now.

0001_230824_d59bpz_h.jpg.0df2d67026530708511559a35fc42d51.jpg0002_230824_h2a97x_h.jpg.fb9edbe3f82de85d2b2c4875b7c55406.jpg0003_230824_pii9fo_h.jpg.c192553b0992262aa65598aeaca6aa6b.jpg0004_230824_y7xhb8_h.jpg.3cffe319f803cdabd2444cd524dc4b37.jpg0005_230824_71vdxv_h.jpg.723c8c3696043f142ec71123e2c00467.jpg0006_230824_skeknm_h.jpg.17e6d8637fc5fdded8da5ffbb9a0948c.jpg20007_230824_omp9cv_h.jpg.76d6e736814dc3c5ddf66565aec2375c.jpg0008_230824_vqwdem_h.jpg.c29ac6db5401472f393e8e00d77234dd.jpg0009_230824_qa77d1_h.jpg.dee63e81fed7db109f84722cdd2c12e7.jpg0010_230824_czgum7_h.jpg.0d39694294d4cf903e1e1a623eacf9b7.jpg

5 hours ago, Big s said:

I don’t like the face without the mask, I have no idea who that was modeled after, but it definitely looks good if you never use that head and I’m definitely tempted 

2 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Yup, doesn't look like him.

Which is crazy because I think the Robert Pattison just below that looks kind of good, both head sculpts are fairly solid on that release. Maybe the couldn't get the okay on Evan's likeness so they went with a mostly "generic" Cap unmasked head. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...