Macross+

Capt. Kraimer

i just got done watching macross plus, and i was thinking...

why couldn't Dyson and Bowman beat that stupid ghost thing together and then go after sharon???

or why couldn't dyson just shoot the stupid part of the Macross that sharon was using...??

it really bugs me that they sacrificed themselves so easily......

anyways...

why couldn't Dyson and Bowman beat that stupid ghost thing together and then go after sharon???

or why couldn't dyson just shoot the stupid part of the Macross that sharon was using...??

anyways...

1.- Because if any of the two got shot by the Ghost then there were fewer chances of beating Sharon and rescuing Myung. Also because there wasn´t any difference in attacking the Ghost with two AVFs than attacking with just one cause the Ghost was still too fast for the two.

2.- Ahem....I would think that given the fact that the SDF-1 resisted a full Zentradi army attack it would certainly resist one shot from the YF-19 in that area , there´s no chance any of Isamu´s attacks (be it missiles or gun fire) would be able to pierce the armour down to that area in the SDF-1.

Edited by Aegis!

anyways...

1) Getting Myung out was a top priority. If they both stayed to fight the Ghost they might both have been killed. Guld stayed behind to occupy the Ghost so Isamu could get Myung without having to worry about it.

2) Where was Myung? Right next to Sharron. Take out Sharron with gunfire or missiles and Myung goes too. And as Aegis mentioned, missiles and guns wouldn't have been able to get through to the nerve center of the Macross. Isamu moved the 19's pinpoint barrier to the nose and slammed into it.

1. After years of intense dislike of each other, maybe jumping into team tactics would be a little difficult.

2. Considering the distance and computer processing power involved, it is doubtfull that Sharron was controling the Ghost actively. Perhaps she copied herself or a mission into the Ghost's AI.

3. The YF-19 was in robot mode when it crashed into the top of the SDF-1. It went in with it's shield covering the head in a dive. Considering the robot form is much stronger than the aircraft form, plus the pinpoint barrier system, I found this event plausable.

As far as fighting the Ghost went, Guld's vehicle was the only one that really stood a chance, IMO.

All other things being equal, the BDI/BCS gave him an edge.

Guld didn't lose milliseconds interpreting readouts on gauges and display screens, he didn't lose moments reaching for the right controls.

Every last bit, byte, and nybble of information was presented in an intuitive manner as fast as it came in, every control was immediatly accessible with a thought, every aspect of the vehicle from the sensor suite to the pinpoint barrier to the missiles was used as easily as if it was his own body.

That was the primary advantage of the YF-21.

Guld's situation was a lot closer to the Ghost, which WAS in it's own body. The only thing seperating the 2 was that the vessel containing Guld's mind was made of soft squishy bits instead of exotic titanium alloys.

While he probably could have injured it some, Isamu would have been playing catch-up the entire fight and eventually would have been left behind. Or shot down, leaving Guld with the task of stopping Sharon AND dealing with the Ghost.

That's why Guld went after the Ghost alone.

Or we can just say that they really wanted 2 targets so Sharon couldn't point her weaponry at the dogfight and have both of them in her sights at once. The Ghost was enough of a problem without having to watch for gunfire from the Macross as well. With Isamu making an attack on the Macross, he was the more immediate threat, so Sharon attacked him with her guns, leaving Guld free to deal with the Ghost.

That lione of reasoning leaves no room for reading any unintended slurs upon Isamu's skills or the YF-19's capabilities into the post.

Also, I think Guld knew it was a suicide mission... it makes sense that he felt guilty for all that had happened. When he finally realized what had happened all those years ago, it seemed to me like he wanted to atone for it, and make sure that Isamu and Myung would both make it out alive.

One other thing... Considering that Guld was entirely linked into the YF-21's computers, I doubt he would have had any chance to defeat Sharon. Where Isamu could shatter his viewscreen, and fly by his own sight, Guld depended on the flight computers for EVERYTHING, including vision.. She could have changed what he saw without even bothering to hypnotize him, because all the visual systems were electronic. All she had to do was make the computer think the plane was pointing a different direction than it was, and steer Guld right into the ground. >_<

Also, I think Guld knew it was a suicide mission... it makes sense that he felt guilty for all that had happened. When he finally realized what had happened all those years ago, it seemed to me like he wanted to atone for it, and make sure that Isamu and Myung would both make it out alive.

One other thing... Considering that Guld was entirely linked into the YF-21's computers, I doubt he would have had any chance to defeat Sharon. Where Isamu could shatter his viewscreen, and fly by his own sight, Guld depended on the flight computers for EVERYTHING, including vision.. She could have changed what he saw without even bothering to hypnotize him, because all the visual systems were electronic. All she had to do was make the computer think the plane was pointing a different direction than it was, and steer Guld right into the ground. >_<

But Guld likely didn't have a link open.

Sharon only got into the YF-19 because Yang was busy trying to hack her from the backseat, which required an open computer connection.

Also, I think Guld knew it was a suicide mission... it makes sense that he felt guilty for all that had happened.  When he finally realized what had happened all those years ago, it seemed to me like he wanted to atone for it, and make sure that Isamu and Myung would both make it out alive. 

One other thing... Considering that Guld was entirely linked into the YF-21's computers, I doubt he would have had any chance to defeat Sharon.  Where Isamu could shatter his viewscreen, and fly by his own sight, Guld depended on the flight computers for EVERYTHING, including vision..  She could have changed what he saw without even bothering to hypnotize him, because all the visual systems were electronic.  All she had to do was make the computer think the plane was pointing a different direction than it was, and steer Guld right into the ground.  >_<

But Guld likely didn't have a link open.

Sharon only got into the YF-19 because Yang was busy trying to hack her from the backseat, which required an open computer connection.

That's an interesting trivia, JB0.

If that was the case, then why didn't Sharon take over the YF-19 when she got to Yang? She brainwashed Yang and almost succeeded brainwashing Isamu, all the while basically leaving the YF-19 untouched, unlike the X9.

why didn't she just fire the macross's main gun and obliterate everything AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH!

all work and no play make capt. kraimer a dull boy all work and no play make capt. kraimer a dull boy

all work and no play make capt. kraimer a dull boy all work and no play make capt. kraimer a dull boy

all work and no play make capt. kraimer a dull boy...... :angry:

In addition to the other reasons given, if I'm remembering correctly by the time he got to the Macross Isamu had no weaponry of significance remaining left to shoot it with anyway.

The YF-19 had fired all it's missiles and the gunpod and head laser were both lost when Guld crashed through a building into him during their fight in the city.

Damn you Panon... beat me to it

Both were out of missiles and barely had any weapons, except the YF-21, since it has still had those wicked arm mounted lasers. As JBO commented, it was probably better able to take out the ghost than the YF-19... we had a whole discussion about it in this forum, and it was generally agreed that the YF-21 was a better fighter just WAAAAY too expensive... If anyone had a chance to take out the Ghost... it was Guld.

In addtion to the points raised above, from watching the M+ movie, I get the impression that ultimately Guld was only able to catch the Ghost by accelerating at so many G's that it cost him his vision (and, in the end, his eyes). But since the sensors of the YF-21 were plugged directly into his nervous system, he was still able "see" and steer the plane. That wouldn't have been possible with the YF-19.

Even after losing all the other weapons, the YF-19 still had it's wing root lasers.

The way they divied up the Macross and the Ghost really was the best way to handle everything. Someone had to go help Myung, as they didn't know how much danger she was in specifically, and someone had to finish off the ghost.

Edited by Anubis

Wait a minute! When Guld and Isamu both confronted the Ghost and Sharon said that she got rid of Myung and Isamu got mad, he started firing what appears to be his gunpod because I saw shell casings being expelled from the belly of the YF-19. I always thought that sequence was a bit weird because he lost the GU-15 in the city fighting Guld, it's probably an animation error. :unsure:

This has nothing to do with the topic but it relates to Macross PLus. I dont know if it was mentioned before but in the american ending credits, they mispell ISRAEL and put ISREALI Orchestra on the music credits for episode 1 and 2, probably its on 3 and 4 too! anyone catch this?

Super Ostrich beat me to it. Isamu survived Macross Plus.

I've always figured that the YF-21 was the only fighter capable of taking out the ghost. And I've always thought that the human mind was superior to any machine that could be created...

3. The YF-19 was in robot mode when it crashed into the top of the SDF-1. It went in with it's shield covering the head in a dive. Considering the robot form is much stronger than the aircraft form, plus the pinpoint barrier system, I found this event plausable.

I think it started out in battroid but transformed into fighter mode at the last second just before plowing into the Macross. It has been a little while since I watched it though, so I might be mistaken.

This has nothing to do with the topic but it relates to Macross PLus. I dont know if it was mentioned before but in the american ending credits, they mispell ISRAEL and put ISREALI Orchestra on the music credits for episode 1 and 2, probably its on 3 and 4 too! anyone catch this?

Which reminds me...

Anyone mind telling me what the japanese credits looked like?

Both were out of missiles and barely had any weapons, except the YF-21, since it has still had those wicked arm mounted lasers.

The YF-21 doesn't even have it's arm lasers at the end as remember it has it's arms and legs blown off by the Ghost X-9. At the final fight, the only weapons the YF-21 has are it's single head laser, plus any micro-missiles still remaining in the 4 dorsal micro-missile launchers.

Graham