Jump to content

The New and Improved "What's it worth???" Thread!!


jvmacross

Recommended Posts

What’s the prevailing value of a Yamato Vf-19S and Milia Q-rau with pilot? Thinking about letting mine go, as I haven’t had them on display for years now. 

19S was opened for inspection, Q-rau’s a little dusty, but in good condition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kelsain said:

What’s the prevailing value of a Yamato Vf-19S and Milia Q-rau with pilot? Thinking about letting mine go, as I haven’t had them on display for years now. 

19S was opened for inspection, Q-rau’s a little dusty, but in good condition.

Bought a Milia Q-Rau with pilot off of @warrhead here for $125, like a month ago.

Edited by Sanity is Optional
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, been a long time. Looking to figure out the value of my Yamato 1/60 YF-21 and YF-19. 

AFAIK it is the first release of both. Both have been opened and displayed, YF-21 has never been transformed by me but was purchased second hand from another user some time ago.

Any help at all would be great, thanks everyone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Doublepush said:

Hey guys, been a long time. Looking to figure out the value of my Yamato 1/60 YF-21 and YF-19. 

AFAIK it is the first release of both. Both have been opened and displayed, YF-21 has never been transformed by me but was purchased second hand from another user some time ago.

Any help at all would be great, thanks everyone!

About 2 weeks ago, I saw that JUNGLE sold a Yamato 1/60 YF-19 (grade A) for 10,000 yen (about $90 USD). while Mandarake sold one for 13,000 yen (about $117 USD).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

So I just won a 1/48 VF-1A Low Visibility Stealth on YJA, wondering if I got a decent price on it.

Anyone know what they're actually going for right now? Ebay's got a few at $400, but that's Ebay...

Edited by Sanity is Optional
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So I just won a 1/48 VF-1A Stealth on YJA, wondering if I got a decent price on it.

Anyone know what they're actually going for right now? Ebay's got a few at $400, but that's Ebay...

I got a new one with super/strike parts on YJA for 24000 JY. The shipping wasn’t too bad because I grouped it with a bunch of other stuff.

It was maybe $250 shipped. I also bought a used one here on MWF last year for $230 shipped. I like having doubles :)

Is this the one you won?

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o252462609

Not a bad price depending on what they mean by “body is bruised”.  

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Nah, I got this one: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g283984517

1A rather than 1J, and no super/strike.

What can I say, I like the weathered grey look of the VF-1A Low Vis.

Ah the low viz! I got a couple of those in the last year too. I want to say that they were closer to 20000 JY but they were new (unopened) so I think you got a decent deal. 

I think these may become cheaper once the 1/48 DX is released. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jenius said:

I suspect the Yamato 1/48 will be affordable for a while as the Bandai announcement should hit them more than the 1/60v2. I wouldn't mind having an LV 1A again.

Yeah, I suspect as well.

Though how long it lasts is a question. Bandai's 1/48 might get people into the scale, and the LV and Stealth Yamato 1/48s aren't something that Bandai will ever make versions of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So preparing to move for the first time in 9 years, and I find a box in the garage that I don't remember open it to find these chunky monkeys I hadn't seen in 13+ years and I thought had been lost in a previous move. Despite the immediate nostalgia, I really don't have a place for them any more after I sold off my Macross toys last year.

So what if anything are they worth?

The red and green are Joon's that I remember. The Cannon Fodder was a custom I got off eBay. The Jetfire and extra armor was the only one that was still very tight, the rest are pretty floppy.

roy.jpg rick.jpg max.jpg armored.jpg jetfire.jpg miriya.jpg alaska.jpg

fodder.jpg

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2017 at 1:17 PM, Sully said:

It's being a long time since I collected Macross model kits and finally got settled in my new house, but no longer have the room for the vast amount of my collection. I'm keeping my 1/144 scale kits, but all my other stuff needs to go up for sale. But last time I used to visit here and collect was over 10 years ago so I've no clue any more what this stuff is worth. Some advice would be great!

 

I forgot to add, I live in Ireland.

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG

 

IMG_1523.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1534.JPG

IMG_1535.JPG

 

Hi, I am very interested in your Macross II kits, do you still have them?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2018 at 9:30 PM, akteon said:

So preparing to move for the first time in 9 years, and I find a box in the garage that I don't remember open it to find these chunky monkeys I hadn't seen in 13+ years and I thought had been lost in a previous move. Despite the immediate nostalgia, I really don't have a place for them any more after I sold off my Macross toys last year.

So what if anything are they worth?

The red and green are Joon's that I remember. The Cannon Fodder was a custom I got off eBay. The Jetfire and extra armor was the only one that was still very tight, the rest are pretty floppy.

roy.jpg rick.jpg max.jpg armored.jpg jetfire.jpg miriya.jpg alaska.jpg

fodder.jpg

 

 

100-150 for the Takatoku VF-1's and the Jetfire

100-200 for the armor w/o the VF-1

Guessing 50-100 for the Joons

Whatever you do....don't sell as a lot....you'll lose out maybe up to 200 or more

Edited by jvmacross
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking for some opinions... If you were taking your valks or other Macross collectibles to sell at a toy show (in the US), would you price them based off of winning auctions from YJA or would you price closer to winning auctions/buy it now off of eBay? For example, I was looking at the price for a G1 Yamato Elintseeker, and it looks like it goes for around $60 on YJA, but I'm seeing sold prices averaging out around $140 on eBay. I'm guessing that the disparity in price is due simply to the fact that there are fewer of these on YJA, so the eBay prices tend to trend higher, and/or the condition of the item. Thanks for your input!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My suggestion would be to price it at the average ebay selling price.

That way you have some room to "haggle" on the price.  Your minimum selling price should be the YJA average price plus the additional proxy fees and shipping costs to get the item actually delivered to your home country.

Of course....you can sell lower or higher....but your knowledgeable customers will not pay much more than what they can get it via YJA or straight from some Japanese source.  Ultimately, your items will sell for as much as someone is willing to pay to "get it now".

Good Luck!  Would be cool to see your table at a toy show!

 

 

 

Edited by jvmacross
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

My suggestion would be to price it at the average ebay selling price.

That way you have some room to "haggle" on the price.  Your minimum selling price should be the YJA average price plus the additional proxy fees and shipping costs to get the item actually delivered to your home country. 

 

 

 

That's what I was thinking. I don't mind giving a good deal, but I don't want to go so low that I end up seeing my valk on someone else's table at a 50% markup!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

100-150 for the Takatoku VF-1's and the Jetfire

100-200 for the armor w/o the VF-1

Guessing 50-100 for the Joons

Whatever you do....don't sell as a lot....you'll lose out maybe up to 200 or more

Thanks for the reply and the advice on selling them as a lot - that was my first instinct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am thinking about selling all my non DX Valkyries and wondering what is a fair price for them. All 1/60 Scale

Arcadia VF-1J Max and Miria - Brought New Transformed once. The Miria was not the one I broke the backpack on :)

Arcadia VF-1S Hikaru with Stand - Brought from Jungle as B with some sun damage to Box

Arcadia VF-1J with GBP Armor - Brought from FromJapan, has some scratches on the missiles in the legs and some scratches from transformation

Yamato VF-1S Hikaru 30th Anniversary without Super Parts

Yamato Super Parts for TV

Non Yamato/ Arcadia

Evolution Toys VF-2SS Sylvia - Brought new and Transfromed once

Thanks for the help

Edited by Saviant
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
16 hours ago, warrhead said:

Hi!  What are HM-R brownies worth these days?

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?auccat=&tab_ex=commerce&ei=utf-8&aq=-1&oq=&sc_i=&exflg=&p=HI-METAL+R+VF-1A+バルキリー+標準量産機+マクロス&x=36&y=25

As sold on YJA as of this year (last three months or so)....7410 JPY is the going average (I removed the two highest winning bids...13,500 and 20,000).  To the average price add around 10% for proxy fees and around another $20-30 for domestic and international shipping to your door, which is what anyone buying directly from YJA would have to pay.

As always, the actual pricing or "worth" of anything will vary....factors such as condition and the current demand for an item will always make the value of an item fluctuate (+/-) to some degree from the current average market price.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

How much are Yamato VF-11B super packs going for?

Do you mean the VF-11B with Fast Packs?  Or just the Fast Packs by themselves?

Also, Yamato has made the transforming VF-11B in both the 1/72 scale and 1/60 scale, so you will want to specify which you mean.

Image result for yamato vf-11b

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Do you mean the VF-11B with Fast Packs?  Or just the Fast Packs by themselves?

Also, Yamato has made the transforming VF-11B in both the 1/72 scale and 1/60 scale, so you will want to specify which you mean.

Image result for yamato vf-11b

Obviously I mean the 1/60 scale with fast packs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...