DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

Amiami is actually slightly cheaper than HLJ and they have the item in stock. HLJ, on the other hand, will probably go through the orders chronologically so there's no telling when it'll get fulfilled if you placed an order just recently.

Edited by neoexcaliber

Get this at reasonable price in local toy store, maybe just because too much repaint variants :p

This NUNS mid night blues YF 29B looks real nice, better than the charcoal YF 29S, but how come it comes with an SMS stand?

l4GvJWG.jpg

Woke up to a payment request email from AmiAmi. Cool. 19,530 yen shipped EMS to TX. Got me a "Rod" on the way soon! On a side note...first time going from battroid back to fighter last night on my Ozma 29... Thank god for Anymoon video showing how to do the arms! Damn...that was a battle.

Edited by derex3592

In the game, did Rod use super parts on his YF-29B when he flew against the YF-30?

@CRYO & Gundam

Awesome guys, so nice to see some actual in-hand shots. And yeah, that's really odd that they included the SMS stand! Maybe they had a whole bunch extra and just wanted to get rid of them. :lol:

a difference the other valks this is the right position in fighter mode to close correctly

Ah, good catch. This is to allow clearance for the gunpod's bayonet if mounting the gunpod in fighter mode, right?

In the game, did Rod use super parts on his YF-29B when he flew against the YF-30?

@CRYO & Gundam

Awesome guys, so nice to see some actual in-hand shots. And yeah, that's really odd that they included the SMS stand! Maybe they had a whole bunch extra and just wanted to get rid of them. :lol:

Ah, good catch. This is to allow clearance for the gunpod's bayonet if mounting the gunpod in fighter mode, right?

Not really. The concept behind the 29 is that it has an integrated Tornado pack. The legs have rotating missle bays which require them to sit lower, hence the gerwalk joint being used.

Not really. The concept behind the 29 is that it has an integrated Tornado pack. The legs have rotating missle bays which require them to sit lower, hence the gerwalk joint being used.

Ah, yeah I'm familiar with the design concept of the -29, just trying to gauge how inevitable the web-exclusive super parts will be. :lol: I'm not a fan of the -29's super parts, as I feel it clutters up an already cluttered silhouette, but if he used them in-game then I'd be inclined to grab 'em.

Thanks for the info about the gerwalk joint, the only -29 I have is Alto's and I've actually never taken it out of fighter mode (I'm embarrassed...) so I had no idea about that. Will be transforming the -29B for sure though, so this is very, very good to know.

Loving the color scheme! Hope my 2 ship soon! Sorta looks both a mix of matte and glossy finishes.. Still I think it looks great!

Compared to Bandai's latest new molds (19 & 30) the 29's are kinda looking old school already. Hopefully this is the last color variant they release. I don't think we need another. If they do then its them just milking the mold purely for quick cash grabs. Not cool Bandai, not cool.

I'd say Bandai cut a few (cost) corners with the stand and that's why a SMS base got packed in with it.. Either that or its a mistake. Any non SMS base from another Frontier valk will do if you have one you're not using. I won't be using the stand anyways.

I didn't get mine either, now I 'm all nervous...

Did you pre-order at the beginning, or later on when it went back up in June for a bit?

I got nervous too and ended up canceling with HLJ after I secured one at AmiAmi. I haven't received a shipping notification, but at least the sent a payment request.

Yeah I ended up doing the HLJ June pre-order window. I kept having problems with my CC processor on CDJ for some odd reason. Every time I tried to make a transaction go through the security would deny the transaction then lock the card. :( I went around and around with the CC customer service and fraud dept and spent like 5+ hours on it. I ended up giving up and cancelled that order as I knew it would most likely happen again and went with the HLJ one.

Yeah I ended up doing the HLJ June pre-order window. I kept having problems with my CC processor on CDJ for some odd reason. Every time I tried to make a transaction go through the security would deny the transaction then lock the card. :( I went around and around with the CC customer service and fraud dept and spent like 5+ hours on it. I ended up giving up and cancelled that order as I knew it would most likely happen again and went with the HLJ one.

I get the same issue with CDJ. Even though I've ordered there half a dozen times now, whenever CDJ runs their authentication my card always denies it. Luckily a 5 minute call to the CC customer service to authorize the transaction, followed by a quick e-mail to CDJ to ask them to re-run the card always does the trick. I cannot imagine spending over 5 hours trying to resolve it :o , that really stinks!

I got in on the initial HLJ preorder and paid on Friday, so hopefully the later preorder windows should be getting their notifications shortly.

I get the same issue with CDJ. Even though I've ordered there half a dozen times now, whenever CDJ runs their authentication my card always denies it. Luckily a 5 minute call to the CC customer service to authorize the transaction, followed by a quick e-mail to CDJ to ask them to re-run the card always does the trick. I cannot imagine spending over 5 hours trying to resolve it :o , that really stinks!

I got in on the initial HLJ preorder and paid on Friday, so hopefully the later preorder windows should be getting their notifications shortly.

Yep, I would call and try again, then get denied, call and then try again, then get denied.. and so on. I have also made a ton of purchases there in the past, I don't know what gives.

Edited by Loop