I liked the dark blue and yellow school uniforms of the other recent films. The new ones look a little cosplayish to me. Maybe after watching the full movie the new outfits will grow on me, deadpool had a great comic outfit right down to the eyes.

Ouch!

"A good time, no alcohol required."

"A-"

"3.75 and 3.5 out of 5 Schmoes"

"Best Movie Ever"

"B"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 57% - "Overloaded action and a cliched villain take the focus away from otherwise strong performers and resonant themes, making X-Men: Apocalypse a middling chapter of the venerable superhero franchise."

Metacritic Score: 51 out of 100

X-Men: Apocalypse Review: It's a Franchise-Killing Disaster

X-Men: Apocalypse Is a Waste of a Perfectly Good Oscar Isaac

Edited by areaseven

Not surprised that the reviews are tearing it a new one. I just hope it isn't as bad as they claim.

At this point, we only have ourselves to trust for this film. I'm kinda on the fence with Stuckmann's review because either he understands something that the critics don't or he was reviewing it as a fanboy.

I don't rely on reviews for any movie and my wife and I will still watch this in 2 weeks.

The next X-Men movie will be set in the '90s.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/684693-simon-kinberg-confirms-the-next-x-men-movie-will-be-set-in-the-90s#/slide/1

My instinct as a former X-Men comics collector says the next film will be based on either the X-Tinction Agenda, X-Cutioner's Song, Fatal Attractions, or Onslaught, as those were all '90s story arcs. Otherwise, they'll probably have Mister Sinister as the main villain and use the Inferno story arc from the late '80s.

At this point, we only have ourselves to trust for this film. I'm kinda on the fence with Stuckmann's review because either he understands something that the critics don't or he was reviewing it as a fanboy.

He fanboys way too much. Once I heard him say he was really trying to find flaws in TFA and that he couldn't is when I wrote him off as a critic.

He fanboys way too much. Once I heard him say he was really trying to find flaws in TFA and that he couldn't is when I wrote him off as a critic.

Personally, I would've written him off as a critic when he placed Signs on his list of all-time favorites, but many of his other reviews tend to be very useful and informative.

The rumblings about how poor this movie was started a few weeks ago. You have to remember, a lot of these reviewers are fans. People can't say critics don't understand comic books or they just aren't into them when they've already heaped tons of praise upon Deadpool and Civil War this year.

More likely than not, this movie stinks.

It's at 59 percent on rotten tomatoes which is still above my pay to see it ranking, so I'm still gonna check it out. Unlike bvs I'm already invested in these films, with dc films I didn't like man of steel and bvs was far below my pay to see it ranking so I don't feel I missed anything on the screen side.

With these xmen films having interconnecting storylines I feel I might miss something skipping it.

Glad i read abt the critics not liking this show, cos i was pleasantly surprised to enjoy this Xmen outing!

It felt like a proper xmen adventure arc from the comics, and along the way discovering the surprises of each character.

As a comic reader of yore, i felt this round of xmen stayed truer to the spirit of the xmen team than X2/3 or even to a certain extent DOFP.

Helped by the fact that cyclops and jean were working together like the early days of xmen.

Glad i read abt the critics not liking this show, cos i was pleasantly surprised to enjoy this Xmen outing!

It felt like a proper xmen adventure arc from the comics, and along the way discovering the surprises of each character.

As a comic reader of yore, i felt this round of xmen stayed truer to the spirit of the xmen team than X2/3 or even to a certain extent DOFP.

Helped by the fact that cyclops and jean were working together like the early days of xmen.

This helps me be more interested in it.

A lot of the reviewers that I trust are saying it's not a great film, but I plan to see it nonetheless. I'm a ginormous X-men fan and have seen all the others at the Cinema and plan to do so with this one as well. Going forward, I would like to see another director craft their vision of the franchise starting with the new students( Jean, Scott, Nightcrawler, etc). I think bringing new life into a franchise isn't a bad thing as what the Russo bros were able to do with all of the toys left behind by Joss Whedon. Just my .02 before seeing this film in theater.