YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Thanks. They've been binned for something else now. I was thinking the the two fighters on the one stand!

Anyway, this guy doesn't have a stand.

IMG_3667_zpsepxdbjjg.jpg

I guess he needs a stand. I noticed he came with adaptors but I left them in the box. What's the difference between those and yours Yeti?

For displaying four jets would they balance okay on one stand or would two stands holding a pair be easier to work with?

I did make an alternative fighter mode adapter you can see here. All of the adapters included with the release will work with an adapter I have here. The arms will hold up fine with 4 planes. You can see a few setups in this thread with 4 or more valks on one stand. For anything other than the 1/60 VF-1's you will want xl arms to go along with the dual arms, or knuckles, to accommodate their wing span.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Yeah I'm thinking 4 planes would be easily unbalanced if I accidentally knocked one. And I'm trying to imagine if two bases touching could hold 2 planes each in a tight formation, or "impossible manuever" pose all flying in random directions (outwards).

btw, thanks for all the info! It may be some time before I can get these. I have a few heavy pre-orders still coming...

Edited by koonfasa

Looks really good !!

Is it very top heavy?

BTW what exactly is that? Some kind of imperial attack shuttle variant?

Very top heavy. Odd center of balance, which is a third up the wings.

Main antagonists ship in Star Wars The Force Awakens.

Yeah. I haven't checked your store lately, but I assume that it'll be pretty expensive to order/ship just one stand to the Philippines with the same setup you have above right? Along with Lego adapters of course.

Anything international from me is expensive for shipping. I am always open to suggestions.

What would you recommend for a model airplane adapter? I've got the Platz 1/72 scale Super Sylph and Mave Yukikaze, and I think it would look cool to display them together (once I actually get around to building them).

Hi Yeti. I would like to ask a big favor if I may. Can you take a picture top-down of the Lego Poe's X-Wing beside the First Order TIE? I'm trying to get a better idea of how big the TIE is compared to the X-Wing. I only have the TIE Advanced Prototype and it looks pretty small compared to the X-Wing. But I think that's their proper scale against each other.

Actually, if you have the TIE Advanced Prototype as well, that might be a better side by side comparison picture with the First Order TIE.

Thanks!

Hi Yeti. I would like to ask a big favor if I may. Can you take a picture top-down of the Lego Poe's X-Wing beside the First Order TIE? I'm trying to get a better idea of how big the TIE is compared to the X-Wing. I only have the TIE Advanced Prototype and it looks pretty small compared to the X-Wing. But I think that's their proper scale against each other.

Actually, if you have the TIE Advanced Prototype as well, that might be a better side by side comparison picture with the First Order TIE.

Thanks!

EW6KLE3h.jpg

I don't have adapters for those models, but if you would be willing to take some pictures and measurements I could most likely make some for you.

Will do! You might want to think of a generic air-model adapter. I'm sure many model builders would jump on these then. I've got a 1/32 scale F-14 that I'm (eventually) planning on building in flight mode.

That would be great, but there is no standard to follow. Any type of universal model airplane adapter would not be very stable. I could make a few sizes of craddles or clamps, but that wouldn't be ideal.

How about an acrylic piece that can hold either one or two acrylic rods, with a mechanism that can slide the rods closer or further apart from each other? Tighten the rods down, slide them into the jet's exhausts and that might hold 80% of the jet fighters out there.

How about an acrylic piece that can hold either one or two acrylic rods, with a mechanism that can slide the rods closer or further apart from each other? Tighten the rods down, slide them into the jet's exhausts and that might hold 80% of the jet fighters out there.

I have thought about something similar. I would consider that a clamp. I am more than willing to offer it if people want it. How fragile is the typical exhaust on a model kit?

Edit: Or do you mean the rods go straight in? Are there typically long holes in the exhaust?

Edited by ChaoticYeti

I have added a page for reviews to the webstore. If you have a video or blog review of my stands, please let me know and I will add them to the page. If you want to submit a text review I will also curate and add those as quoted paragraphs.

http://www.yetistand.com/reviews

Thanks!

It would depend on the kit. Most modern fighter kits have afterburner baskets that are fairly close to the exhaust nozzle. Not too awful much room. Still, there's space there. So one rod straight in per exhaust, and a "tray" directly beneath to hold the bottom rear fuselage. Through cantilever action, the tray and the rods keep everything together, and most of the fuselage is clean.

Try it on a 1/60 VF-1 as proof of concept, its exhausts are quite long, if you like.

Edited by Sildani

• 4 weeks later...

CY Any restock of the normal yeti stand planned for the near future?

No, but for good reason. I can elaborate if needed, but the short of it is I am giving up on using an outside source for the laser cutting. I am on pre-order for a lasercutter through glowforge. Hopefully I'll be up and running q1 of '16. I have plenty of adapters, elbows, xl arms, and DX starter kits in the mean time.

Lots of interesting things afoot with having my own laser cutter. Custom engraving anyone?

No, but for good reason. I can elaborate if needed, but the short of it is I am giving up on using an outside source for the laser cutting. I am on pre-order for a lasercutter through glowforge. Hopefully I'll be up and running q1 of '16. I have plenty of adapters, elbows, xl arms, and DX starter kits in the mean time.

Lots of interesting things afoot with having my own laser cutter. Custom engraving anyone?

So you did get the Glowforge. Good for you. Did you get the commercial version? Now we know who to go to for Macross engraved coasters!

So you did get the Glowforge. Good for you. Did you get the commercial version? Now we know who to go to for Macross engraved coasters!

I went for the middle of the road. 40w with the air filter. Should be better than the ebay ones I was looking at.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also holding out for some of the out-of-stock items to be restocked. I live outside of the US, and with shipping starting at $65, I've got to get all my bits in one order. Hoping that happens soon!

Hang tight. Gonna be a few months while I await the arrival of my laser cutter.