It's good that Ryan Reynolds is still enjoying the role enough to put this much personal effort into it. Other stars just to press work and the like, but he seems to really have embraced this.

He is a producer and writer of the movie too. It benefits him to put as much into promotion as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed that during the Deadpool Rap sequence, where he's hunting down Francis' men and first wearing the red suit, the two women in the MMA ring are both wearing Francis' slave collars!

Now that's a level of detail and attention I hadn't noticed before.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, yes please! Looks great!

I just recently purchased several new Revoltech figures, including Boba Fett. They have really improved both sculpt and articulation even beyond the insane levels of articulation they had before. I can see the Deadpool figure also features some crazy posability. The different eye pieces are a perfect touch :)

Looks okay, still waiting on Figma, I don't do no nasty Revoltechs anymore.

Are Figma making one as well?

I still can't believe these companies haven't figured out to make an X-Men line of their figures. That's the first Hasbro line in four years I've seen sell out before (and we're talking whole cases selling out.)

Edited by Mommar

That's the first revoltech figure I've been excited about in years. I have a few of the micro ones from MGS, but the last large ones I bought were the og alien and the predator. Those were great, but the Ironman was a crappy one. It looked good, but it fell apart easy and the weight of parts made it want to lean in odd ways. I hope this will be one of the good ones.

While other companies are doing movie versions I'm glad someone is doing the comic style. Looks like from the teaser a Spider-Man is coming soon. The other one has a bigger look with sharp looking nails maybe venom.

Any one know if these will only be Marvel or will other companies be involved like DC?

Are Figma making one as well?

I still can't believe these companies haven't figured out to make an X-Men line of their figures. That's the first Hasbro line in four years I've seen sell out before (and we're talking whole cases selling out.)

Yup.

Figma-Deadpool-Figure-Announced-Winter-W

Yup.

Figma-Deadpool-Figure-Announced-Winter-W

Hmm, Figma is WAY better than Revoltech... Are there any proper pics of the figure yet?

So when does the Figuarts version show up now? Also we just had a new X-men movie, where the hell are our Revo/Figma/Figuarts X-men figures?

Hmm, Figma is WAY better than Revoltech... Are there any proper pics of the figure yet?

So when does the Figuarts version show up now? Also we just had a new X-men movie, where the hell are our Revo/Figma/Figuarts X-men figures?

Nope, there's not even prototype pics yet. And I'm not too sure about the Figuarts thing, Marvel/Disney decided to get chummy with Bandai Japan and let the Figuarts Avengers and Civil War stuff happen, but the X-Men and Deadpool are still owned by Fox, maybe they aren't willing to take the plunge into allowing high-end import figure versions of their characters yet. My question is, would Marvel/Disney be able to create Figuarts of comic appearances of the X-Men and the like, Fox only owns the film rights and the rights to the film character's appearances, but what if Marvel/Disney wanted to make Figuarts based on classic or current X-Men comic series?

Nope, there's not even prototype pics yet. And I'm not too sure about the Figuarts thing, Marvel/Disney decided to get chummy with Bandai Japan and let the Figuarts Avengers and Civil War stuff happen, but the X-Men and Deadpool are still owned by Fox, maybe they aren't willing to take the plunge into allowing high-end import figure versions of their characters yet. My question is, would Marvel/Disney be able to create Figuarts of comic appearances of the X-Men and the like, Fox only owns the film rights and the rights to the film character's appearances, but what if Marvel/Disney wanted to make Figuarts based on classic or current X-Men comic series?

There are some Figma Avengers stuff, at least, as well. Whenever the hell that Hulk will actually be released, if at all.

Yes, they could make the comic characters. Provided Disney/Marvel are cool with it. Bandai might not think it's profitable either. Hasbro can, and is, doing it right now with only a tangential relation to the movies i.e. the word X-Men. But there could be restrictions on Bandai, there's apparently restrictions on Mezco and their One:12 line.

The teaser for the figma looks like the same design. The revoltech looks good, but I have had slightly better luck with figmas. Some of the revoltech figures fall apart, but don't break. The figmas I have from the last couple of years seem a little tougher than they were, but I'm still a little worried about messing with them much. If sh figuarts did these comic style designs I'd probably go with those, but for now maybe if the revoltech comes out sooner than the figma I'll pick one up and see if it's one of the good ones and decide on the series after that to see which company is the option for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...