How are you dealing with Typhoon 8.

CrazyDude

Hey to all in Japan.

Hope you are snugly tucked in at home with a good supply of models/toys and your preferred snack and drink.

Hasn't hit me yet but the temp and humidity is through their roof, won't even attempt any painting till this blows over.

That's why I really like living in Hokkaido. No rainy season, and only a rare typhoon rolling through.

I grew up in northern Minnesota, so the winters here don't bother me at all.

So far still hovering around Kyushu, reports from Okinawa sound bad. Should hit me in about 2 days.

Bit off-topic any of j-customers if HLJ noticed the new shipping charges within Japan?

People that use a proxy-service should also be aware of it.

It's hot. Hot. Hot. Hot. Unseasonably hot.

Aside from that, we (the Kansai area) are getting a reprieve from the rains of rainy season.

Would like to do some painting on the 1/100 Missile Phalanx I'm currently working on, but the heat's wiped out any motivation for that (humidity be damned!).

Stay safe there guys! We just has a massive round of storms here in KS last night, 75 mph gusts & hail.

And I feel you with the humidity, its like a sauna out here! Keep lots of Macross mecha & a flashlight handy! B))

It hasn't hit the mainland yet, I think, it just hit Okinawa... hard.

Jefuemon, how are you after that 5度 earthquake in Hokkaido yesterday afternoon? Was that near you?

Kind of near. My cell phone whooped the earthquake alarm right about the time the shake started. Just swayed a bit, that was all.

Looks we got past this one OK. Noticed many typhoons weaken greatly before hitting the Kanto plains.

Chyll2.

Don't worry we all feel the same. Having been in 2 major earthquakes(Greek and 3/11) and a few typhoons it is not much fun.

Glad to say that Japan is well prepared for those.

Looks we got past this one OK. Noticed many typhoons weaken greatly before hitting the Kanto plains.

It really depends on how the typhoon approaches Japan that determine which area takes the brunt. Add to that, that its still kind of early in the season for typhoons to sustain themselves (or worse, grow!) when they approach the waters around Japan (meaning: typhoons get their energy from warmer water).

Nevertheless, this one was quite large - and unexpectedly throw a lot of humid, hot equatorial air at us, giving us mid-August, hot and humid weather for a day or two. Yucky!

It really depends on how the typhoon approaches Japan that determine which area takes the brunt. Add to that, that its still kind of early in the season for typhoons to sustain themselves (or worse, grow!) when they approach the waters around Japan (meaning: typhoons get their energy from warmer water).

Nevertheless, this one was quite large - and unexpectedly throw a lot of humid, hot equatorial air at us, giving us mid-August, hot and humid weather for a day or two. Yucky!

Ugh, just gave me flashbacks of the Hurricanes I went through living in Florida from '02 to '13. Some were just wind and rain events while others took out power and water and caused some pretty nasty damage, all depending on which "side" of the storm I was in.

Good luck and stay safe to everyone impacted.

-b.

Ugh, just gave me flashbacks of the Hurricanes I went through living in Florida from '02 to '13. Some were just wind and rain events while others took out power and water and caused some pretty nasty damage, all depending on which "side" of the storm I was in.

There's one nice thing about being in Japan - it's full of mountains, and the mountains tend to rip the typhoons to shreds (though, it sucks if you're in the area that's taking the brunt of the storm). Which is pretty much what happened this time.

There's one nice thing about being in Japan - it's full of mountains, and the mountains tend to rip the typhoons to shreds (though, it sucks if you're in the area that's taking the brunt of the storm). Which is pretty much what happened this time.

Yep, just the same as if a hurricane went over islands like Cuba first, weakening the storm, because of the mountains and terrain.

Good luck with the clean-up and recovery.

*I love how Typhoons, Cyclones and Hurricanes are the same weather phenomenon, just named differently depending on "where" on Earth you are.

-b.

Just had an earthquake to round up this weeks collection, moderate length but not very strong maybe a 3.5.

Add in a Tsunami warning along the north eastern border of mainland japan, might hit Fukushima.

Edited by CrazyDude