Have we already seen this pic of q rau?

Shaggydog

from noel's preorder email...

noel, please allow me to post this pic :)

The bottom of the image has a GBP armor 1J. Is there a scan of the rest of the page anywhere? Where is the pic from anyway?

Can someone translate the page for us? Does it say anything about a pilot figure? I would think the pilot would be ready for pictures if this is indeed coming out in Jan.

I think I'll pass on this for the time being. I can't help but wonder if it'll be a victim of a low sales price drop.

Well, the one text blurb talking about pilot figures is unfortunately kinda hard to read on this scan, but it looks like they're saying a Miria pilot figure is planned to be included.

Now before you get all warm and fuzzy, when the toy's released that could mean anything from, "well, we planned it, but it didn't work out," to only slightly better looking than Guld dog chew toy, to "Here's the mother of all amputee pilots, arm-and-head-only Milia"

Then again, a full size figure would rock.... unless they paint the helmet visor a solid color. :(

Man...It looks sweet in that magazine picture...sign me up for at least one of each....enough of the VF1s! :)

That's sacrilege Jessie! :p I want my Max VF-1S inbetween those 2 Q Raus. I'm gonna have to get rid of my TV just to display those 3 together.

Man...It looks sweet in that magazine picture...sign me up for at least one of each....enough of the VF1s!  :)

That's sacrilege Jessie! :p I want my Max VF-1S inbetween those 2 Q Raus. I'm gonna have to get rid of my TV just to display those 3 together.

A little Meltrandi sandwich with Max in the middle? Some guys have all the luck, I guess. :D

Great looking Q-Rau there. I guess this means the Millia version is coming out first. I was thinking about holding out for the purple one, but my oh my does that look great. Besides - I'd buy just about anything at this point to encourage something other than a VF-1 from Yamato, anyway.

With a bit of luck, the wind in the right direction etc, etc the Q-Rau might just make it out from the factory for late January release. I'd say February is more likely though, but what do I know these days!

And yes, that picture is of the Yamato DYRL Millia type Q-Rau, but it looks like just a painted resin sample, not an actual diecast and ABS test shot.

AFAIK, it will come with a pilot figure. I've only seen pics of the pilot helmet sculpt so far, so I have no idea if the pilot figure is articulated or even if it's a full body figure or just the upper body.

Graahm

With a bit of luck, the wind in the right direction etc, etc the Q-Rau might just make it out from the factory for late January release. I'd say February is more likely though, but what do I know these days!

Graahm

Too bad... we wont be able to get it on the Shopathon... :(

Man...It looks sweet in that magazine picture...sign me up for at least one of each....enough of the VF1s!  :)

A little Meltrandi sandwich with Max in the middle? Some guys have all the luck, I guess. :D

Great looking Q-Rau there. I guess this means the Millia version is coming out first. I was thinking about holding out for the purple one, but my oh my does that look great. Besides - I'd buy just about anything at this point to encourage something other than a VF-1 from Yamato, anyway.

Actually it'll be Millia on a double shot of Max!

Millia (Qrau)

Max-1S

Max (Q-Rau)

:D

I wonder why Yamato wants to release toys in DYRL version.

They probably think the movie is more important than the TV series.

But for me, it's the opposite. I'm very disappointed by their choice.

Because they WANT TO, and they CAN.

They're going to release a blue one? Is it a joke?

No, a joke would be...

"A rabbi, a priest, and a minister wak into a bar, and..."

That's a joke.

It's seen 5 secondes in the movie while the green one is seen 10 hours. There mus be something wrong somewhere (either Yamato or your sources)

Umm.....Elintseeker, 2 seconds, it got it's own toy. VF-1J in a GBP-1, 3 seconds, it also got it's own toy. What makes the Max Q-Rau different?

....and of course, it is all a Yamato Conspiracy to piss you off.

Then you must wait young Padeone....first we must get our fill of QRaus, Milla, YF19FP's, VF0's, SV51's, GBPs, Destroids, Regults, Glaugs, Pods, VF4's, VF2's and oh so very much more!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

I will definately be getting Millia's Q-Rau. I just hope it's good and stable balanced.

2004 is going to be horribly expensive.

Already on the list:

Minmei Statue

MPC Prime

Millia's Q-Rau

1/60 GBP Armor

YF-19 x 2 (when they come out)

DD's SV-51 (when it eventually comes out)

1/48 VF-1 CF (if it comes out)

And that's just for now.

They're going to release a blue one? Is it a joke?

No, a joke would be...

"A rabbi, a priest, and a minister wak into a bar, and..."

That's a joke.

:)

Umm.....Elintseeker, 2 seconds, it got it's own toy. VF-1J in a GBP-1, 3 seconds, it also got it's own toy. What makes the Max Q-Rau different?

I agree with the general principle, but the VF-1J in GBP gets a lot of screen time in one episode of the TV series.

Edited by ewilen

I will definately be getting Millia's Q-Rau. I just hope it's good and stable balanced.

Already on the list:

Minmei Statue

MPC Prime

Millia's Q-Rau

1/60 GBP Armor

And that's just for now.

You are forgeting the possibility of a 1/60 mac monster...

I will definately be getting Millia's Q-Rau.  I just hope it's good and stable balanced.

Already on the list:

Minmei Statue

MPC Prime

Millia's Q-Rau

1/60 GBP Armor

And that's just for now.

You are forgeting the possibility of a 1/60 mac monster...

No I didn't. I'm just talking about my current shopping list. Yamato has a lot more in the works than what I put down. The Monster is way out of my price range if it actually costs $350 like was said before. The Q-rau comes out just under a 1/48 VF-1 cost (12800 yen for Q-rau/14800 yen for VF-1 1/48), which I can deal with just fine. Only thing I would consider going higher than a VF-1 w/ fast packs is an SDF-1, and I still hope that it doesn't break the 200 barrier.

Edited by Anubis

• 3 weeks later...
HLJ has a pilot pic up (in the cockpit). Can't tell much, but it doesn't look like it has a face, just a visor.

HLJ Preorder Link

Yes, the pilot has a face (Millia) under the visor. The visor is a seperate piece to the rest of the helmet/head. However, I'm not sure if on the production version, the visor will be removable or will be glued in place.

Graham

Sigh.... I got too deep into the bottomless yamato pit.

I have no choice but continue buy their products,

it makes no sense to quit collecting yamato when I finally

collected the complete line (up to today)

Just hope they spend their time making new sculpt rather

than keep re-painting the same old sculpt again and again.

I'm getting a bit tired of yamato yesterday when I open my VF-1S (Red) and unable to pose it nicely holding its gun in robot mode.

Hmmm... gee, do you think Yamato will release it Green or Blue?

Of course they will. How many damn VF-1's do we have?

Sure it would require a new face (not Milia) under the pilot's visor... but each VF-1 has a different head, some have different armors...

My guess is Yamato will put out at least 3 versions of this toy, over time. That way they can maximize the cost of the sculpt, molds, productions, etc.

And very likely each version will be "updated" and "fixed" to be a better toy. We've seen it enough times to know how it goes, don't we?

This one is looking better and better to me... a good review and some pilot pics might seal the deal.

HLJ has a pilot pic up (in the cockpit). Can't tell much, but it doesn't look like it has a face, just a visor.

HLJ Preorder Link

Yes, the pilot has a face (Millia) under the visor. The visor is a seperate piece to the rest of the helmet/head. However, I'm not sure if on the production version, the visor will be removable or will be glued in place.

Graham

That sounds good! A face under the visor, but really, if it´s removable or not, if the pilot is articulated, limped or whatever, I´m gonna buy this toy. Already placed anorder with Kevin.

The Q-Rau looks über-cool. Sorry but I don´t understand people that are missing this toy cause the pilot won´t be an incredible detailed action figure.

The Q-Rau is the main STAR here! :lol:

At 1/60 the pilot will have enough detail.

Yeah, I went ahead and pre-ordered mine from Tam. If they do end up releasing more versions of this sucker, I'm going to try and resist the urge to buy them.

The 1/60 line is now the step-child of my collection and, while I still think they're neat-o, I considered myself pretty much "over" the line, now that the 1/48s are coming fast and furious. Since I don't think a Q-Rau is likely in 1/48, I figured why not. However, as neat as this toy seems to be, it's no VF-1. I can't justify getting more than one variant of this if I plan to snap up every 1/48 VF-1 Yamato offers.

Pre-ordered my Q-rau from Tam already. I'm going to do a head swap with my old 1/60 Roy 1S (non-FP) and make my new Max 1A a 1S, and then maybe re-paint the A-head roy into a Kakizaki 1A. Then Millia will have some friends to play with.

Edited by Anubis