Strike A Pose! revisted...

dapro

16 hours ago, Mog said:

Low angle shot of the mothership:

IMG_6513.jpeg.e84672062c80739ba1e24db37afcc43e.jpeg

I love the extended main guns & correct colors, makes all the difference!

We really need one of these in 1/3000... Bandai or Arcadia, I'm on board. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

10 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Oh wow that looks pretty good. Just need to do a panel wash and you've got your own premium finish edition! 

Would it still count if it’s the old Yamato 1/60 version? 😬

I should break out the pens and panel-line the old girl, but just don’t have any display space for her.

Well we've been seeing quite a bit of the HMR VF-0 lately, apologies if it gets a bit too banal.. last couple of pics here before they go back into the display.

Been trying to work on this shot but ultimately not very happy with the result.

VF-0DVF-0SBattroidsB.2NRM2v10nt.jpg.313975cbddc83344902ec4ba726d205d.jpg

And the couple of them doing.. whatever it is they are doing lol.

VF-0DVF-0SActionBattroidsNRM2-b2v2nt.jpg.13182f2ece061acf7aa2404fdbf4d687.jpg

8 hours ago, Mog said:

That is a beautiful pose and shot.

A Hiki Double Shot:

IMG_6521.jpeg.4425caa7bda16ac9113920779ed712e2.jpeg

1/48s still have presence! Oh I'm also curious, for the older FP stands, do the acrylic around the screws tend to crack if the screws are tightened even moderately tight? I have the newer ones, and even though I'm careful to not overtighten them, they still develop crack marks after some repeated usage. 

6 hours ago, enphily said:

Thank you and @Mog! But blurred sand is not a strategic, it's my fault with depth of field. 😅  I can't redo this shot cause vacation is over and that desert is far away

Haha to me it turned out for the better, as it looks like there's some heat haze going on there. 

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Oh I'm also curious, for the older FP stands, do the acrylic around the screws tend to crack if the screws are tightened even moderately tight? I have the newer ones, and even though I'm careful to not overtighten them, they still develop crack marks after some repeated usage.  

The FlightPose stands are a little tricky to work.  Tighten one screw too much, and the prong near that will be solid, but the other two prongs might become too loose.

I’ve found that pushing down on the middle circle then tightening all three screws is the best way to go.

I’ve got four stands now and thankfully only stripped out one screw hole.  

So, all that to basically say that, yeah, the only cracks I’ve developed are in the base, due to me using a wider screw to hold things in place in a stripped hole. 😅

. . . And yeah, not a fan of the newer bases.  A little too hollow and light for my personal tastes.  The old ones were a solid chunk of acrylic.

Edited by Mog

12 hours ago, Mog said:

The FlightPose stands are a little tricky to work.  Tighten one screw too much, and the prong near that will be solid, but the other two prongs might become too loose.

I’ve found that pushing down on the middle circle then tightening all three screws is the best way to go.

I've started doing that too, to carefully distribute the clamp force. Still, the ones with long prongs need more tightening as there is more leverage for them to loosen when something rests on top of it, and they are the ones that risk cracking the most around the screw heads.

Too bad the heavy old ones are no more; even the current ones seem to have been halted production for a long time. I love their flexibility for almost anything, so I guess it's a good thing Calibre Wings currently have their own version of it. 

Whoopsie!  Looks like I was wrong with my numbers.  I have:

*6 of the OG Flexi’s/Fightposes,

* 1 new hollow base version, and

* TWO screw holes that got stripped:

IMG_6556.jpeg.3a8a8854a618ee1c873204521e8f0886.jpeg

The bigger screw didn’t cause too much damage to one hole.  But the other one wound up cracking a circular hole in the base.  BUT they’re both holding. 😬

21 hours ago, Mog said:

Whoopsie!  Looks like I was wrong with my numbers.  I have:

*6 of the OG Flexi’s/Fightposes,

* 1 new hollow base version, and

* TWO screw holes that got stripped:

IMG_6556.jpeg.3a8a8854a618ee1c873204521e8f0886.jpeg

The bigger screw didn’t cause too much damage to one hole.  But the other one wound up cracking a circular hole in the base.  BUT they’re both holding. 😬

Do the flightpose stands still have issues with paint rub? 

I really haven’t had issues with the rubber tipped ones.

I only got one of the clear tips on one of my custom birds (and the part was spray painted), but I’m too lazy to check it.  The other clear tip is on a chunky monkey wing, but it shows no signs of peeling plastic or leaving a mark.

So, 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by Mog