Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

If you just want some Indiana Jones figures to hang misp, there are the retro style ones that are on cards.

I’ll probably just skip hasbro till they figure things out. I guess they’re giving duties to other companies to handle their franchises like Mcfarlane and a couple others. Maybe one of them will eventually give me what I want or Hasbro could just learn that people don’t like their packaging 

12 hours ago, MKT said:

I just recalled that if there are any order delays on Amazon, they then allow to cancel? Perhaps get from another domestic store..

I suppose I could pursue that option, though I imagine I will end up having to pay significantly higher than what the pre-order cost would have been.

23 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I suppose I could pursue that option, though I imagine I will end up having to pay significantly higher than what the pre-order cost would have been.

I guess the Amazon PO price must have been very good. :)   

Alternatively, Mandarake has quite a few unopened (new) units available and they are actually below JP retail. From what others have reported, even at full JP retail price, it is actually cheaper to buy & ship from there than paying US domestic retail for WWM items. But of course, it comes back down to Amazon's PO price..

Whichever option you take, hopefully everything works out for you. :good:

1 hour ago, MKT said:

I guess the Amazon PO price must have been very good. :)   

Alternatively, Mandarake has quite a few unopened (new) units available and they are actually below JP retail. From what others have reported, even at full JP retail price, it is actually cheaper to buy & ship from there than paying US domestic retail for WWM items. But of course, it comes back down to Amazon's PO price..

Whichever option you take, hopefully everything works out for you. :good:

Thanks.  I will definitely check out Mandarake... especially now that the yen is weak to the dollar. 

14 hours ago, Big s said:

I’ll probably just skip hasbro till they figure things out. I guess they’re giving duties to other companies to handle their franchises like Mcfarlane and a couple others. Maybe one of them will eventually give me what I want or Hasbro could just learn that people don’t like their packaging 

There is the recent SHF release and upcoming Mezco.

19 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

There is the recent SHF release and upcoming Mezco.

I was thinking about the sh version honestly. I kinda want to see how the face looks up close before I spend the cash. At least on those I can actually check out the figure when I hold the box

8 hours ago, Big s said:

I was thinking about the sh version honestly. I kinda want to see how the face looks up close before I spend the cash. At least on those I can actually check out the figure when I hold the box

I haven’t seen it up close but it seems really good. I had it preordered but cancelled last min as part of my cutting down. I don’t really care to collect things that were never meant for toy collecting but end up getting figures just because. But even so, I still have the Mezco order and will probably keep it because if I have one, might as well go all out with hopefully the best one. 

On 1/4/2024 at 4:43 AM, Sanity is Optional said:

...Why does Slave Leia have the face of 11 from Stranger Things?

The Princess Leia figure is a kit bash figure. While I could swap out the body for one more suitable, I just like it the way it is.

On 1/4/2024 at 5:11 AM, derex3592 said:

She's very well.....endowed as well....😮😍

Leia 1a sm.jpg

Leia 1c sm.jpg

Luke (2) sm.jpg

Edited by shazam

2 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Those are pretty cool, I've seen a chick versions do you have those? I was tempted to buy the blue chick one on ShowZ

If you are talking about the Mark XLIX Rescue armour that Pepper Pots uses I only have a statue of her in my display. I did not have the room for the Hot Toys version.

pd15586937702cy-1-1-1.jpg

Edited by shazam
change photo