Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Thanks Saburo! Hopefully my RVF-25 + Super/Ghost Pack and Super VF-27 will arrive this month too! And then its countdown to the release/re-issue of the VF-25S renewal in November. I'm aiming to complete my SMS Skull Squadron before the end of the year. God-willing, it'll happen. :D

New guy here, and here are my most recent purchases in the span of 2 and a half weeks:

post-29461-0-03801200-1410498549_thumb.jpg

post-29461-0-80091100-1410498585_thumb.jpg

post-29461-0-73172400-1410498644_thumb.jpg

(I don't know why the pics are upside down)

I got these since I came back to china in August...when I was in NY back in July, I got 2x VF25's (alto), and 2x YF-19's (I just LOOOVVVVE IT)...

I got hit big time by the macross truck man. Thanks to a friend that got me back into the franchise after years of being away from it.

I got hit big time by the macross truck man. Thanks to a friend that got me back into the franchise after years of being away from it.

Welcome back to Macross collecting, where the love of valks do the talking and the wallets do the crying. :D

New guy here, and here are my most recent purchases in the span of 2 and a half weeks:

Welcome to the madness. :D

Welcome back to Macross collecting, where the love of valks do the talking and the wallets do the crying. :D

Agreed! :)

Its a strange feeling right now I have nothing Macross related pre-ordered coming in October (I didn't order the RVF-171). I think I better find something... oh wait I pre-ordered the SD SDF-1, ok I feel better now. :D

(I don't know why the pics are upside down)

I got these since I came back to china in August...when I was in NY back in July, I got 2x VF25's (alto), and 2x YF-19's (I just LOOOVVVVE IT)...

Sounds like you've got a solid squadron going there!

Did you take the pics on an iPhone? iPhones will display pictures right side up no matter how you hole to phone - but it still has an actual top and bottom, defined in it's code and set by the orientation of the camera, and every other device will display them with the coded top at the top. Which means, if you had your phone upside down when you took the pictures, they're going to be upside down here.

As far as I know, you can't fix it using just the phone (well, other than being sure to hold the phone the right way round when you take the picture) but just about any graphics program should let you rotate and save the pic. Just another example of how Apple isn't really building a more connected world, just one better connected to other Apple things.

(If you weren't using an iPhone, then more information is required to figure it out.)

While I'm saving up for a better camera, I've been shooting my photos with my old iPhone 4. I don't always use a tripod, which is a bad habit for stills like these. I notice that Windows likes to post a pop-up message asking me if I want to reset the orientation on some of my shots. I always say no, and the images continue to transfer from my phone in the right orientation. There are a few times that I've forgotten and picked yes, and these are the times when I get strange results.

I don't think it is an exclusive Mac or Windows thing. It's just one of the hiccups one sees when working within different OS environments.

Anyway, back on topic. I've been filling in a few gaps and picked up the following items that have arrived:

• MP-19 Smokescreen
  • One set of Strike Armor and Super Parts for 1/60 DYRL VF-1
  • Ozma and Alto Super Parts for Bandai's VF-25 Renewals
  • The Good Smile Nendroid Petite set of Macross Heroines
Edited by technoblue

Sounds like you've got a solid squadron going there!

Did you take the pics on an iPhone? iPhones will display pictures right side up no matter how you hole to phone - but it still has an actual top and bottom, defined in it's code and set by the orientation of the camera, and every other device will display them with the coded top at the top. Which means, if you had your phone upside down when you took the pictures, they're going to be upside down here.

As far as I know, you can't fix it using just the phone (well, other than being sure to hold the phone the right way round when you take the picture) but just about any graphics program should let you rotate and save the pic. Just another example of how Apple isn't really building a more connected world, just one better connected to other Apple things.

(If you weren't using an iPhone, then more information is required to figure it out.)

Yeah, squadron indeed haha. I'm super jealous of those that have like...everything. But I'm still happy with what I have now. Can't wait for the VF0D and future releases from arcadia and bandai.

And I took those pics with an iPad. And now I know why they came out upside down. Thanks lol.

While I'm saving up for a better camera, I've been shooting my photos with my old iPhone 4. I don't always use a tripod, which is a bad habit for stills like these. I notice that Windows likes to post a pop-up message asking me if I want to reset the orientation on some of my shots. I always say no, and the images continue to transfer from my phone in the right orientation. There are a few times that I've forgotten and picked yes, and these are the times when I get strange results.

I don't think it is an exclusive Mac or Windows thing. It's just one of the hiccups one sees when working within different OS environments.

Anyway, back on topic. I've been filling in a few gaps and picked up the following items that have arrived:

• MP-19 Smokescreen
  • One set of Strike Armor and Super Parts for 1/60 DYRL VF-1
  • Ozma and Alto Super Parts for Bandai's VF-25 Renewals
  • The Good Smile Nendroid Petite set of Macross Heroines

It's funny that you mentioned smokescreen as a gap filler. I did the same exact thing...well, kind of. I got him along with his Datsun bros. all because of the valks and transformation tutorial vids. Really made me more aware and appreciate what goes into these mechs/robots.

It's funny that you mentioned smokescreen as a gap filler. I did the same exact thing...well, kind of. I got him along with his Datsun bros. all because of the valks and transformation tutorial vids. Really made me more aware and appreciate what goes into these mechs/robots.

For me, Prowl was an insta-buy. I had to fix a couple minor paint splotches on mine, but I liked it so much that I picked up another. I plan to get Reprolabels for my second Prowl and sticker him up like the G1 toy. My plan to pick up the rest of the Fairlady trio came later. I'm still on the fence with the MP-18S redeco, but Silverstreak looks good and I notice that the paint apps keep improving.

For me, Prowl was an insta-buy. I had to fix a couple minor paint splotches on mine, but I liked it so much that I picked up another. I plan to get Reprolabels for my second Prowl and sticker him up like the G1 toy. My plan to pick up the rest of the Fairlady trio came later. I'm still on the fence with the MP-18S redeco, but Silverstreak looks good and I notice that the paint apps keep improving.

Yeah man, they're real awesome and a great addition to anyone's collection.

What are your thoughts on the upcoming MP ultra Magnus? I'm gonna get him. But I'm not fond of his overall look.

Yeah man, they're real awesome and a great addition to anyone's collection.

What are your thoughts on the upcoming MP ultra Magnus? I'm gonna get him. But I'm not fond of his overall look.

:lol: I've been complaining too much about Big Boy Magnus over in the Transformers thread. I was surprised to read that Takara was originally looking at both an armored prime and an all-in-one transformation early on in the design process. A helpful member posted these translations of the Masterpiece Guide Book at tfw2005:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/982723-masterpiece-ultra-magnus-prototype-529.html#post11592127

The all-on-one version won the final vote. I'm at peace with things now and have a new preorder at HLJ. I hope he looks great in person--better than the prototypes we've seen. And maybe armored prime will still get his day...eventually. ;)

:lol: I've been complaining too much about Big Boy Magnus over in the Transformers thread. I was surprised to read that Takara was originally looking at both an armored prime and an all-in-one transformation early on in the design process. A helpful member posted these translations of the Masterpiece Guide Book at tfw2005:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/982723-masterpiece-ultra-magnus-prototype-529.html#post11592127

The all-on-one version won the final vote. I'm at peace with things now and have a new preorder at HLJ. I hope he looks great in person--better than the prototypes we've seen. And maybe armored prime will still get his day...eventually. ;)

Bro...you SERIOUSLY broke my heart. OMG....OMG!! I didn't know about this!!!

I wish I had never got a behind the scenes look at what could've been. Dammit!!

^^

Sorry about that, Brooklynwolf. I felt the same way about the behind-the-scenes notes on the other forum. And then the early sketches that are included without the transformation gimmick got my imagination running wild on what could have been done.

My hope is that Takara will release a toy accurate version of Diaclone Powered Convoy later on.

^^

Sorry about that, Brooklynwolf. I felt the same way about the behind-the-scenes notes on the other forum. And then the early sketches that are included without the transformation gimmick got my imagination running wild on what could have been done.

My hope is that Takara will release a toy accurate version of Diaclone Powered Convoy later on.

What you've shown me is salt on a very open wound haha. I bet you saw the 2 pics from the designer where he kit bashed the old UM parts on an MP10.

It looked....glorious.

Instead of that, now we are getting a Magnus that consumed a bit more creatine than recommended and looks swole as f***...he looks like a blue box with arms and legs...oh and with a butt flap. With so many advancements made in transforming robots...they seriously couldn't figure out a way to get rid of the butt flap?

Sigh...back on topic...

I finally got my 3rd yf-29 isamu variant. I just love that color scheme!

Guest davidwhangchoi

That is awesome David! :o

Sweeet sauce boss

thanks!

here's 2 suits and 2 max's: one rainbow canopy, one clear canopy:

photo_zpsc4e1a0f3.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi