Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

So awesome. Too bad that wasn't a Max only haul. B))

Sweet Max haul!

thanks guys! i got my 1/60 dyrl max 1a lying around somewhere and my 1/60 max super vf-1j by the tv stand under some other stuff!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

So many toys that they're buried under other toys and other assorted loot.

:lol:

Kind of on topic, I'm going to be selling one of my most recent purchases, it's the first time I've ever regretted ordering from Mandarake. Pics of said item in the For Sale Thread sooner or later.

-b.

That 1/48 VF-1A Low Viz v.1

The Valk appears to be in perfect condition but the box has seen better days and it was apparently owned by a smoker. So she's gotta go.

-b.

That's too bad. I am a former smoker but I never smoked in my place, I would always go outside to smoke. Now that I am no longer smoking I am far more sensitive to the smoke smell, so that figure would have to go if it were mine.

That's too bad. I am a former smoker but I never smoked in my place, I would always go outside to smoke. Now that I am no longer smoking I am far more sensitive to the smoke smell, so that figure would have to go if it were mine.

Yeah, I guess the silver lining is that the toy itself appears fine from any issues and didn't have any odor, but as soon as I took the bubble wrap off of the box the smell hit me.

Congrats on quitting, I know a lot of people that have tried, and tried, and tried.

-b.

Yeah, I guess the silver lining is that the toy itself appears fine from any issues and didn't have any odor, but as soon as I took the bubble wrap off of the box the smell hit me.

Congrats on quitting, I know a lot of people that have tried, and tried, and tried.

-b.

Hopefully the person that buys it can get rid of the smoke odor.

Thanks, its been a long road, many attempts and failures on quitting but now I am off. Now I am addicted to plastic in the form of toys. :lol:

I hope that posting this is ok being non-Macross, but I finally got this yesterday and it's awesome.

On the downside, lots of part swapping and it's a lot smaller than I was expecting.

But I would have done a lot to have had one of these when I was a kid - physically as well as mentally ;)

15076015977_e1b879ca2c_b.jpg

Dynamite Action! No. 12 X-Bomber - Big Dai X.

15075887110_6effc5667f_b.jpg

Dynamite Action! No. 12 X-Bomber - Big Dai X.

Just took a few pics with my iPhone. Now try and keep the theme tune out of your heads for the rest of the day. Lol.

ah that sucks.

Had that happen with a Votoms figure and I had to sell it.

Gross :p

Yep sure does, but this was just the catalyst I needed to sell my remaining 1/48's as well. Just posted the topic in the For Sale section.

But to help me deal with the "loss" I purchased this last night;

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-936046.html

So...yeah... B))

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Awesome haul! Recent purchases? And where from? I'd like to expand my collection by adding some classics to it.

very recent: the max vf-1s weathering and max vf-1a TV, i got a few days ago.

and the other max vf-1s and kaki weathering specials i got within a few months.

i got it from yahoo japan auctions.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yep sure does, but this was just the catalyst I needed to sell my remaining 1/48's as well. Just posted the topic in the For Sale section.

But to help me deal with the "loss" I purchased this last night;

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-936046.html

So...yeah... B))

-b.

Saw that. Good catch.

My collection so far, Toynami Masterpiece Scott & Rand Cyclones. DYRL Yamato 1/60: VF-1S Strike, VF-1A Max, VF-1A Hikaru. I've got a 1/48 TV version VF-1A in the mail and then the YF-30 Chronos. Hoping to score some V2 versions and more of the newer Bandai Macross Chogokin. My collecting has been mostly Hot Toys these past years, but I want to get back to my favorite line which is Macross. Any suggestions would help. Thanks

This has been missing from my life for over ten years...

HMillust.jpg

I first bought it at San Diego Comic-Con during the late 90's for 25 bucks, signed and everything. I packed it away in a box when I left for the Navy and that box has since been lost. I've seen it on eBay for a while now and I just finally pulled the trigger. I don't know what took me so long and I got kind of emotional about it...

My collection so far, Toynami Masterpiece Scott & Rand Cyclones. DYRL Yamato 1/60: VF-1S Strike, VF-1A Max, VF-1A Hikaru. I've got a 1/48 TV version VF-1A in the mail and then the YF-30 Chronos. Hoping to score some V2 versions and more of the newer Bandai Macross Chogokin. My collecting has been mostly Hot Toys these past years, but I want to get back to my favorite line which is Macross. Any suggestions would help. Thanks

There are so many possibilities for you, here are a few suggestions off the top of my head.

Arcadia YF-19 is really nice

VF-25 Renewal (the F is pretty well priced currently, the G and S are still high but the S reissue will be in Nov so try and catch one then. The RVF-25 and YF-25 is also well priced too)

YF-29 would be nice too add too.

Edited by Saburo

Not sure why Jungle listed this as B.

The box isn't dented at all. No smells. Still smells new. Stickers are unused. Cockpit is great. No Yellowing. Swing bar isn't even rubbed.

Looks perfect to me :D

Also, why did they stop using this style box and go to the thicker but less wide style for the Elint and such? I really dig this super tight single tray business.

t1u2FrU.jpg

UfBmHqp.jpg

zo5fJE4.jpg

Edited by Gakken85