Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Hot Toys are so awesome, I am always amazed at how realistic the faces are and how much detail they have. I dare not start collecting them, and also the realistic faces kinda creep me out. :lol:

*snip*

They also creep me out. I'm interested in a die cast Iron Man armor but I feat that it comes to live at night and kills me while sleeping with a repulsor blast or choke me to death because he's too heavy for me to lift him.

At least with Bandai Valkyries and their loose joints they are not able to walk away from their cabinests so I'm save.

Take some pics of those Hi-Metal Hazray :D

My 2 cents on Hot Toys. I got into them last year and Just felt more and more un-satisifed with owning them. With my Transformers and Macross I can pick them up and transform them, get really fun poses... it's like two cool toys in one....HT's just kind of sit there.

They have great sculpts and detail, but as toys they leave a lot to be desired. Posing is pretty limited and the engineering on the bodies hasn't evolved much past an ab crunch "evolution" in the last 5 years or so. The diecast pieces are a lot better, but still fairly limited. They really need collapsing areas around the knees and elbows to allow more life like movement so you can get decent bends, like with SOC's and SRC's. It won't look as seamless, but the poses are so robotic and stiff. I just don't feel they are pushing the engineering end and slowly increasing prices.

But on some pieces like the MK1 V2... there are so many little pieces that getting any kind of poses means breaking the thing.

Idk, might as well get a statue for some of them, as limited as the motion can be.

My Silver Centurion, when I pulled the legs down for an A stance... it just kind of collapsed down on to the side of the hips. The paint just smelled terrible too, like a cheap knockoff or something. I really couldn't rock that dark candy red as it overpowered the rest of the suit and looked bad on my shelf. No going back after the diecast versions.

For $300+ dollars a piece I just feel they don't offer enough value anymore. Plus they print so many of them they might as well sell them at Walmart. haha.

The only HT I have left is the evil Superman, because I love that film so much.

I'll be getting the diecast Robocop, but that'll be my last HT for awhile. Just not my thing.

Edited by Gakken85

About a half a year ago I stopped collecting Hot Toys, before that I was on a hot streak buying up a bunch of different ones for about 8 months straight, it was Hot Toys and not a single other figure. I purchased 11 different figures, from them, 6 ended up getting damaged from, I don't know, dust? Both my Keaton and Bale Batman's got rips in their armor, my Bruce Lee had weird tears throughout his abs, my Ezio's clothing pretty much fell apart at the shoulder pauldron, my Mime Jack Nicholson Joker had weird oil or something on his face then his face literally began to melt and smudge off, and lastly but definitely worst is my Hulk and Bruce Banner combo pack, which I actually got just about 3 months ago, has a tear under his left armpit and a nice tear on his right bicep. Hot Toys are beautiful, detailed figures, I just think it's better to be more selective with these figures then literally anything else on the market you can buy, from what I've read, Iron Man armors seem to be pretty nice across the board, I'm thinking anything with rubber skin or armor is where you're going to want to stop and think about it, I saw Hot Toys Gamora the other day from GoG and thought that looked like a train wreck waiting to happen. I'd love the own an Iron Man or War Machine armor, Maybe a Robocop even, they seem to do mechanical stuff well, and vehicles, but too many other releases seem way too hit and miss. I've still got Keaton Batman and Hulk, mostly because I love them to much to get rid of them even with their flaws, I've also got Marty and the Darlorean on pre-order, Doc Brown too eventually. Back on topic though I know, my bad, I'm just still pretty upset about it all.

I'm sticking to 80's movies I loved, or really amazing robots.

I'll get Marty and Robocop. Maybe an ultron from the new movie.

But only a few per year.

Lol.

That was fun. Just called Umeda.

Listened to a short message then got somebody on the phone.

I asked, "Anybody that can speak english? American?"

Hold music. Sounded like classical.

This guy comes on and he understood, "Order number".

Got the order number wrong, but then I corrected him. I think he caught like half of my words.

He said " will send invoice. Please wait."

I think they are sending the invoice now.

Edited by Gakken85

came home today to a very nice little surprise! my dad (who lives in the UK) sent me over a late birthday present!! now I have two YF-30's! which is nice I'll admit considering I would have never bought a second one.. im more impressed with the fact he managed to chose something that im interested in! He said there is a anime & collectibles shop in a neighboring town which just stocked the 30 as a brand new release so he figured I wouldn't have it yet and bought one! so yeah no complaints! :D

I put this one in battroid mode up next to the other in fighter.. looks cool but kinda loose and fiddly to handle.. didn't end up using the locking parts. she stands quite well without them. Had to keep the feet un-extended and I prefer the vertical stabilizers in the outward position.. just in case some folks notice the pose errors.. pic below! B))

post-21335-0-21029800-1409564822_thumb.jpg

another30.jpg

Edited by spanner76

About a half a year ago I stopped collecting Hot Toys, before that I was on a hot streak buying up a bunch of different ones for about 8 months straight, it was Hot Toys and not a single other figure. I purchased 11 different figures, from them, 6 ended up getting damaged from, I don't know, dust? Both my Keaton and Bale Batman's got rips in their armor, my Bruce Lee had weird tears throughout his abs, my Ezio's clothing pretty much fell apart at the shoulder pauldron, my Mime Jack Nicholson Joker had weird oil or something on his face then his face literally began to melt and smudge off, and lastly but definitely worst is my Hulk and Bruce Banner combo pack, which I actually got just about 3 months ago, has a tear under his left armpit and a nice tear on his right bicep. Hot Toys are beautiful, detailed figures, I just think it's better to be more selective with these figures then literally anything else on the market you can buy, from what I've read, Iron Man armors seem to be pretty nice across the board, I'm thinking anything with rubber skin or armor is where you're going to want to stop and think about it, I saw Hot Toys Gamora the other day from GoG and thought that looked like a train wreck waiting to happen. I'd love the own an Iron Man or War Machine armor, Maybe a Robocop even, they seem to do mechanical stuff well, and vehicles, but too many other releases seem way too hit and miss. I've still got Keaton Batman and Hulk, mostly because I love them to much to get rid of them even with their flaws, I've also got Marty and the Darlorean on pre-order, Doc Brown too eventually. Back on topic though I know, my bad, I'm just still pretty upset about it all.

WOW, you had some bad luck with HOT TOYS! Id probably feel the same way. I own about 50 different hot toys figures and ive never had any issues of them breaking on me. Ive been collecting them since the military line which i have several.

came home today to a very nice little surprise! my dad (who lives in the UK) sent me over a late birthday present!! now I have two YF-30's! which is nice I'll admit considering I would have never bought a second one.. im more impressed with the fact he managed to chose something that im interested in! He said there is a anime & collectibles shop in a neighboring town which just stocked the 30 as a brand new release so he figured I wouldn't have it yet and bought one! so yeah no complaints! :D

I put this one in battroid mode up next to the other in fighter.. looks cool but kinda loose and fiddly to handle.. didn't end up using the locking parts. she stands quite well without them. Had to keep the feet un-extended and I prefer the vertical stabilizers in the outward position.. just in case some folks notice the pose errors.. pic below! B))

attachicon.gifanother 30.jpg

another30.jpg

you have a great dad :) i think mine was just glad i moved out haha

you have a great dad :) i think mine was just glad i moved out haha

yeah he's pretty cool and tries his best considering we haven't seen each other in a number of years due to living in different countries but we do stay in constant contact.. We do have a lot in common though Macross not being one of them but it was really nice he thought of doing this! I'll be sure to return the favour for his birthday later in the year! :)

Haha. My dad collects knives and guns, but he'd shake his head at me spending 300 bucks on a toy.

I wouldn't trust him to buy one... he has problems using the internet. haha

Yup nice of your dad.

*snip*

What an awesome Dad. Must be the UK influence. ;)

Thanks everyone, I didn't think I would be buying a Valk today. I met up with some friends to hang out and check out toys while they organized their toy storage units and next thing you know I am buying an unopened VF-0S.

Edited by Saburo