Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

My friend was visiting Japan and asked if there was anything I was looking for. I asked him to look for a DYRL VF-1S Strike Roy ver. He said he'd look while shopping around for toys for his collection. He eventually texted me "I am sending you this really cool flashlight". So I figured no Valk. :(

He later texted me that the box he sent had a Valk in it.

I indeed got a flashlight, and it came with a Valkyrie! :D So I am now the owner of a DYRL VF-1S Strike - Roy ver. :)

15115764569_259a6c6922_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo

I indeed got a flashlight, and it came with a Valkyrie! :D So I am now the owner of a DYRL VF-1S Strike - Roy ver. :)

Is that the Valk you was waiting for? Congrats! Man, you got a real good friend right there. My friends would just bring me back some kit kats and snacks.

Is that the Valk you was waiting for? Congrats! Man, you got a real good friend right there. My friends would just bring me back some kit kats and snacks.

Thanks! Yes, it was the Valk I was waiting for. :D My friend messed with me at first saying he got me a flashlight, but later said he sent the Valk. I get Kit Kats and snacks too but not with this package. Yeah, he's a really good friend, and he's into collecting so he knows what to look for. I have other friends that go to Japan but they are not familiar with the toys so I don't ask them to toy hunt, but they are familiar with car parts. :)

Edited by Saburo

My friend was visiting Japan and asked if there was anything I was looking for. I asked him to look for a DYRL VF-1S Strike Roy ver. He said he'd look while shopping around for toys for his collection. He eventually texted me "I am sending you this really cool flashlight". So I figured no Valk. :(

Sexual.

that looks spanktacular!!! :wub:

That is one really cool friend and that valk is teh sex.

Like, KitKat the chocolate bar? That's worth bringing back from Japan?

They have other flavors there. I usually get the Green Tea flavored.

dsc02577.jpg?w=300&h=185

Edited by wmkjr

This was bought a while back for an insanely good price, but it was for my birthday so I only just got to see it. It was mint and sealed so I debated long and hard whether or not to open it... opening it won! So behold, my very own VB-6 SP! :D

And it...
Is..
GLORIOUS!

(sorry for so picture overload, but you know... this IS the "show off your awesome new toy" thread! haha)

P1040447

P1040448

P1040450

P1040452

P1040456

P1040460

P1040461

P1040463

that looks spanktacular!!! :wub:

Thanks Spanner! I wish I had room on my desk to display it. :(

That is one really cool friend and that valk is teh sex.

Thanks, its good to have cool friends. I have yet to hear how much I owe him... :blink:

Sexual.

Yes it is. :)

This was bought a while back for an insanely good price, but it was for my birthday so I only just got to see it. It was mint and sealed so I debated long and hard whether or not to open it... opening it won! So behold, my very own VB-6 SP! :D

And it...

Is..

GLORIOUS!

(sorry for so picture overload, but you know... this IS the "show off your awesome new toy" thread! haha)

Very nice addition and its always nice to open a sealed toy! :)

Edited by Saburo

And it...

Is..

GLORIOUS!

God... that is so hot!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Came back from HK yesterday, and this is my haul

(Upside down, sigh...oh well)

Originally went there to pick up my 2nd 19F from HKcollectibles, then went toy shopping and got the others in the pic.

T'was a good day.

great stuff!

Came back from HK yesterday, and this is my haul

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

(Upside down, sigh...oh well)

Originally went there to pick up my 2nd 19F from HKcollectibles, then went toy shopping and got the others in the pic.

T'was a good day.

Do I spy Wheeljack in there?

Well, I had my first bad experience with Jungle.

I found out why that Super Ostrich is a B.

The shoulder is broken. The piece fell right off when I moved it to check everything.

I sent them the pictures and they told me they would "Give me a refund on a future purchase." but with no refund code.

I said, No that's not good enough because I only buy from them maybe 3-4 times a year and I have no idea when something I want will come into stock, or that I'll be able to get it.

Haven't heard back yet on that.

I've been tinkering and looking at a repair but I don't think I could get super glue on it and get it in there without taking the valk and shoulder apart.

I asked them in the email if there was anything wrong with it to mark it as a B and they didn't reply, so I feel justified in wanting some kind of action.

They still haven't clarified to me why they marked it as a B. Either they knew and didn't list it, or they didn't know and don't want to deal with it.

I'm thinking about calling paypal and mailing it back to them. I could try to repair it, and keep it in fighter mode I suppose, but I'm not sure if it's worth it at this point.

Thoughts?

q7jrp2K.jpg

tLpjGY1.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Yeah, I've had valks on the list that didn't break. either way they should have listed it if they knew. If they didn't it's still damaged.

I called paypal and opened up a claim. We'll see. I'll have to eat the shipping but the replacement shoulder wouldn't be painted correctly, so I don't see how helpful that would be.

I'm not a hobby guy haha

Edited by Gakken85

I say if you really like it get the shoulder replacement on shapeways and replace it though it won't be the same color.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjHadh6lWdA. Does the VF-1D color match? Maybe you can hunt for a donor valk or assembly kit for an expensive option. If not, I'll be glad to take it off your hands :D .

Edited by wmkjr

Yeah. We'll see how the claim with paypal goes. I could try to superglue it but I'm sure it would snap again eventually.

I'd rather eat the $30 bucks to mail it back and get my $300 buck than keep it and be unsatisfied with it.

I'll def. think twice before I buy anything used from Jungle haha

Edited by Gakken85