Generations

Zero Enna

I have a question:

When a human and a zentran have a son, a boy will born. When a human and a meltran have a son, a girl will born. So, when a human and a half-meltra or a half-zentra have a son, what the genre of the kid? It will be a boy or a girl like the half-alien father/mother or will born like the human (with a unprevisible genre )?

Max and Millia just happened to have a LOT of daughters. That's all.

Actually, Meltrans only exist in DYRL and the story stops there. No stuff about Millia's daughters at all.

However in TV, Millia is a Zentran and had a daughter and some more daughters (M7), while in Plus, Guld's father was a Zentran.

Nope, Meltran exist in the TV continuity too, as the female military force.

Protoculture splits into 2 factions.

Zentran = side that used males

Meltran = side that used females.

Protodevilin attack, all previous protoculture hostilities put aside, and some fleets are melded together to help fight against the Supervision Army.

Actually, Meltrans only exist in DYRL and the story stops there. No stuff about Millia's daughters at all.

However in TV, Millia is a Zentran and had a daughter and some more daughters (M7), while in Plus, Guld's father was a Zentran.

Protodevilin attack, all previous protoculture hostilities put aside, and some fleets are melded together to help fight against the Supervision Army.

err, maybe I missed it, but where in TV did it specifically said the female forces were named or referred to as Meltrans instead of Zentraedi?

even in M7, Millia referred to herself as a Zentraedi and never a meltran.

Besides DYRL, only MII had specific referrences to Meltrans .

Edited by treatment

QUOTE (Zero Enna @ Dec 17 2003, 09:33 AM)

When a human and a meltran have a son, a girl will born. 

Ouchie. Poor kid.

In my country english isn't the official leguage. So I don't speak english all time and some moments I forget some words. Thanks to find this error for me, now I remember the correct word so...

When a human and a meltran have a child, a girl will born.

None of that is true. This was discussed not too long ago and no one could find any support for the sex determination thing.

That part is true. Unless there's some determining factor, best way to know is to do an ultrasound scan. :)

Isn't Protoculture just a pretty flower that Meltrans wear in their hair? :p

(Dons bullet proof vest and runs for cover).

Sorry, I should know better, but I'm in a silly mood today.

Graham

I have a question:

When a human and a zentran have a son, a boy will born. When a human and a meltran have a son, a girl will born. So, when a human and a half-meltra or a half-zentra have a son, what the genre of the kid? It will be a boy or a girl like the half-alien father/mother or will born like the human (with a unprevisible genre )?

You mean "gender", not "genre", man.

Fleet of the Strongest Women?

Non canon.

Since when? It's part of Macross 7, which is an official part of the timeline.

I just watched that episode last nite and I will have to concur with Panon as the episode not being canon. From MAHQ archives, this particular episode was never aired and prolly not really an integral part of M7.

I could guess a reason for leaving it out after watching it. The FSW-episode tried to tie M7 into DYRL and MII, which is really directly counter to the whole basic premise of M7 being a sequel specifically to the TV-series canon, not to DYRL-canon nor is M7 a prequel to MII.

Zentraedi Language

Zentran = male

Meltran = Female

Collective terms for the sexes are:

Zentraedi (also used for the entire race as well)

Meltrandi

Although there is nothing official, all evidence points to the zentraedi genes being dominant in gender determination at conception, however if a half zentran or half meltran has a child with a human its an unknown. Macross II would indicate that the gender domination is still in force, but past that its back to the old human lottery.

I just watched that episode last nite and I will have to concur with Panon as the episode not being canon.  From MAHQ archives, this particular episode was never aired and prolly not really an integral part of M7. 

There was a lot of Macross 7 that never aired but is canon. So since there doesn't seem to be any official word one way or another, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. :p

Edited by McKlown

I just watched that episode last nite and I will have to concur with Panon as the episode not being canon.  From MAHQ archives, this particular episode was never aired and prolly not really an integral part of M7. 

There was a lot of Macross 7 that never aired but is canon. So since there doesn't seem to be any official word one way or another, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. :p

It's rather easy to figure out - FOTSW was a discarded episode with no place in the timeline that was later put on dvd as a bonus.

Watch the material that comprises the official Macross timeline - Macross, Flashback 2012, Macross Plus, Macross 7, Macross 7 movie, Dynamite 7 - and note that you will never see or hear any references to the events of FOTSW or Meltrandi. You'll never hear the word "Meltrandi" at all.

Also note their complete absense from the Macross Compendium, except in reference to Macross 2 and DYRL which are non-canon and fictional events (non-canon) respectively.

There is no evidence that Male Zentraedi only have sons and Female Zentraedi only have daughters. The chances of boys or girls is the same for the Zentraedi as the rest of us Humans. Like it's been said earlier males only having males and females only having females is a myth.