New Macross F BD Digital Remaster Boxset - TV series

Tochiro

A little off the subs topic, but might we get a 1080p "All that VF" goodie in this set?

All the more reason for BigWest to release their Macross properties with multi-language subtitles. To avoid the bootlegs on e-bay!!

I'd rather get the official versions of this set myself. I just wish they would add english subs. Someday I'm going to just buy a computer and get Rosetta Stone. In anime I notice it seems English is a required subject in Japan. I don't know I've never been there (I wish I could). If they can make the effort so can I.

I'm looking forward to the BD box set! Although I should wait for English fansub groups to possibly complete it before I buy it. Does anyone know any groups who might be working on it?

Why wouldn't the existing subs work?

Edited by nhyone

They all will be, in time... B))

Thora did an amazing job with the previous release. This new boxset looks tempting and I'll eventually get it, but for now I'm cool with the previous release with the Thora subs. The transfer is fantastic and I have no complaints.

Agreed. Thora's fansubs were good given what was available at the time. I think only certain Macross World members could do better if they wanted to put in the time and effort. Anyway, the more I work with softsubs and ripping discs, the more I realize I have nothing to worry about with Macross Blus. I went ahead and added this to my list of pre-orders.

Edited by technoblue

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So did anyone preorder this from nippon yasan and get their order canceled? Or was I the unlucky one?

Edit: they never sent me an invoice and I emailed them also, but due to the holidays I don't think they will respond right away.

Edited by Murphy

Thank you for the update on the subtitle situation, flobo.

I'm still waiting on Amiami to send out an order update for my pre-order for this set. Oddly enough, the record no longer appears on my order history? I wonder if my order was cancelled from Amiami just like Murphy had his order cancelled from NY. It would be odd if true, since I did everything by the letter and have not received a refund from them. All of my other Amiami orders are on record, though.

Confusing...

Anyway, I sent them a note using their contact form and will see what is up soon.

Yeah, I pre-ordered the new movie box set from Amiami too, and I wasn't asked to pay up front. I have a short list of pre-orders that work exactly as you say. However, I was asked to pay up front for the Frontier TV series box set and add a note with the order number on my Paypal payment.

After doing that, the payment was charged and I didn't think anything of it until I happened to check the status when you and MikeRoz started receiving discs from Amazon Japan. Once I did that, I noticed that my order for the TV series blu-ray set was gone. It's confusing because I do not have any Paypal record of a refund from Amiami, but there isn't much I can do until I hear from them.

Conclusion:

Amiami is responsive, and I am thankful for the store's pre- and post-sale customer service. I'm not sure if the original cancelation was due to something on my part or on their part, but it was sorted out once I verified my Paypal payment from September. If they are unable to get the set now, then I will get a refund and that's nice too, since there are still other options for getting the blu-ray box. Phew!

Edited by technoblue

It is a bit more complicated that i first thought.
The way the épisodes are organised is a bit weird, for exemple, in the second disk (Ep 5 to 11), you have :

1.mpls which has all episodes (5 to 11) back to back (for play all)
3.mpls which is Ep07 standalone
4.mpls which is Ep09 standalone
5.mpls which is Ep10 standalone.

Episodes 5 6 8 and 11 are only available in the 1.mpls all episodes file.
I think this is because only episodes with commentaries have their own file.

But due to that, you have to manually resync the subtitle for the episodes who does not have its own file (because episode 6 starts at 24 min in the 1.mpls file for exemple).

Moreover, even when you do that, it's not perfect, most episode are fine but some have delays.

I have made a first version for disk 1 and 2 which is attached.
Subtitles for all episodes except 1TV and 1Deculture are from thora.

Perfect sync :
Ep1 Deculture /First half of Ep1 TV/Ep2/Ep3/Ep4/Ep5/Ep6/Ep8/Ep9/Ep11

Still some minor delay to fix :
Second half of Ep1 TV/ Ep1 Perfect Deculture/Ep7/Ep10

Macross_FrontierBD1and2sub.zip

Edited by flobo

• 1 month later...

From what i can remember, the original version of the first episode released in late 2007 was the deculture edtion.

The regular 2008 broadcast version had a few scene missings and a few new ones.

Yack Deculture is the merging of the two versions, resulting in the most complete episode 1.

Edited by flobo

• 2 months later...

thanks.

has anyone done a comparison of the video quality of this remaster vs. the original BD release?

The boxset has been out a few months now. Has anyone done a comparison? :D

• 11 months later...

I have made a first version for disk 1 and 2 which is attached.

Subtitles for all episodes except 1TV and 1Deculture are from thora.

Are you/is anyone else (seeing as you may not likely see this) still working on these, or was there any further progression at all? I've just finally gotten the set and I want to apply the subs to it but I'm not awful good with timing and editing the subs so I was hoping to leech of someone else's hard work :p

EDIT: I apologise for the necroposting, I was deliberating making this post a few days ago because the thread was clearly dead but forgot all about that since. It is however directly in relation to discussion from this thread. Sorry S:

Edited by Sylontack

• 3 weeks later...

So I am not sure about all being said here but is their a way to watch macross frontier with good subs besides what I have found on EBay.

I saw the zip file but not sure what it goes too.

The easiest way would be to use a player like VLC to play back the discs, and run a separate subtitle file in the player at the same time.

• 4 months later...