What percentage of your Bandai Valks are scratched?

Lupin The Third

33 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of you Bandai RENEWAL Valks are scratched?

• 100%/All of them
    • 75% or more
    • 50-75%
    • 25-50%
    • 25% or less
    • None, all perfect and I inspected them to be sure.

25-50. I have two 1/55 (year 2000)reissues . The VF-1J visor was badly scratched, The super VF-1S is fine, I attached the shoulder stickers. Both I got for a very low priced considering them to be second hand.

pls dont mention apple.

i never seen anyone with 3 ipads or 3 iphones or 3 ipod at the same time.

but here? its everywhere. some has 10 valks of same color.

apple fan has a long way to go, man.

Haha...true about the everyone has close to a dozen here...well Kicker does at least. My, admittedly snarky, point was that some people will keep buying broken product again and again. Virtually everyone I've know with an iphone goes through them like tissue paper. It's the same with Xbox 360s, the PS2 before that. I understand the occasional faulty product, but to have all but one of my units scracthed? That's just a complete lack of QC.

So you raged about your spending and then when you did not get expected responses(a class action suit against Bandai with yourself as the red blooded inspiring hero with Two Steps from Hell in the bg) you lash out at the community with insults? And you ask why some of us even bother to respond seriously.

Where did I even remotely imply anything heroic about a class action lawsuit? Talk about tinfoil hatville. And as usual the same individuals instantly came into a thread I made and launched into a series of simple minded attacks because I dared to bother asking a question they didn't like for whatever reason. I'm asking for ANSWERS to a very, very simple question that even an elementary schooler could answer; but as usual xrentonx and anime52K8 came in and spewed their infantile stupidity into the thread. As others have mentioned if you don't have a response, and all you have is mental dribble to spout because you've taken a dislike to me for some stupid reason or another, just leave. It's really that simple. And to be perfectly clear, responding in a terse manner to the same few members who would rather attack me at the sight of a posting than actually have a discussion doesn't count as me lashing out at the community. These same couple of fools have spewed the same mental dribble in other threads and you acting as their arbiter makes you look equally foolish. That is not an attack on the MW "community", most of the community here is pretty cool, while a couple of you seem to have lost your minds.

can you take a picture of what you're talking about? Are you talking about a scratch in the paint? A scratch in the plastic? swirlies?

Light scratches and scuffs, typically most prevelant on the white pieces on the mechs with white. Honeslty looks like the pieces were assembled by a worker who didn't give two craps about the $2 an hour Bandai must be paying people. I'll try to get some pics this weekend and post them. If I were to guess, the parts probably sit loose in a bin with dozens, or even hundreds, of identical parts scratching against one another before being pulled from the bin and assembled.

If you guys don't like a topic, just stay out of it. If it's unpopular it'll die on it's own. If people choose to discuss it then the thread stays open. No need to turn the discussion ugly because it's not something you're interested in.

And if you don't care... then why are you so adamant about people having a discussion? Making a mountain of a molehill is exactly what you did here.

Thanks. I really don't get why those couple of people have it in for me, it's kind of pathetic and sad...they're kind of like a little puppy chasing after a child who beats it. Am I ticked? Well yeah, I've dropped around ~$1900 on my collection thus far with more to come. I kind of expected decent quality and when I discovered that all but one of my valks are scratched I wondered how many other members here had the same problem. Honeslty it's hard to say that I should keep spending money on something like this when I could sell my collection tomorrow and go buy the FN F2000, or a new Gibson, or just about anything else I've been considering recently but held off on to instead purchase Valks. I just wanted to see how prevelant this issue was before I made any further purchases, guess that makes me a bad guy....or raptormesh's hero...not sure which. :lol:

100% of mine came either scratched or scuffed up out of the box. It's part of the reason I clear coat them. It hides the ugly scuff marks that's otherwise glaringly obvious on the glossy plastic. So in the end it becomes a non-issue to me. The things I have issue with are the broken or missing parts and the crappy way Bandai handles customer service (having to ship the entire thing back instead of just sending a part).

Yeah I've seen you mention that before and I've considered it. I just don't like the idea of buying something and having to restore it new out of the box. The parts issue sucks too. One of my VF-171 Altos is missing the chest/nipple gun as well...it's all of $0.25 worth of plastic but without it the Valk just looks off. Though ironically I don't like the chest guns, but it's naggingly irritating when they aren't there.

Ever notice the only reason you get called out is because plenty of people here see very similar posts from you again and again? It might help if you were less snarky or you changed your tone at least a little. You'll have more people jumping on your cause. Really, we don't mind that people are unhappy with stuff but they also have a lot of positives to bring when they post.

I apologize for not taking this thread more seriously but how about dialing back on the name calling to other members? You seem to have a very short fuse for no reason is all I'm saying. I honestly remember the first few times you posted here and I've said the same thing then.

• 2 years later...

So up until about two weeks ago all but one of my Valks were still new in box and unopened for a couple of reasons, mostly because my collection room is undergoing a somewhat long and stalled renovation. However in the 171CF thread I kept seeing folks mention scratches on their Valks again and again. So I began to open mine to inspect for similar problems plus any other missing parts. Out of 11 Valks all but one have the damn scratches! I have never seen such lack of quality control before! I even thought "maybe the Yamatos have these too and I never noticed" so I checked a few of my Yamato valks...not a single scratch anywhere. Also nothing wrong with my Bandai GX-48 Big-O, or my ten year old Bandai SOC Eva figures, nor even the "cheap"-by-comparison Bandai Robot Damashii figures I have.

So my query for MW is how much of your collection is scratched? If you haven't seen scratches on your Bandai Valks before I'd suggest you look closely in a variety of lighting to confirm. Chances are they are there even if you haven't noticed them yet.

I cannot even begin to convey how much of the joy of collecting these Valks has been completely taken away from me. If Bandai were a US based company I quite honestly would be talking to an attorney and considering starting a class action lawsuit, but because they're in Japan they can just claim "not intended for export" to avoid having to have an ounce of integrity with their products. I am stunned that they think it is acceptable to sell customers a ~$150+ toy that looks like a 5 year old got ahold of it. This is supposed to be "Chogokin" quality?

And when my wife found out she blew up. She couldn't care less about macross or anime but she inquired what was wrong with all of us (yes she's seen me chatting on MW) that's we'd allow a company to sell us such garbage. I told her I'm about ready to sell them off and just go back to reputable companies and collecting stuff that matters like firearms. Had I known sooner I wouldn't have bought a single unit.

EDIT: Sorry for any confusion but I was actually asking about the Renewal Chogokin Valks. If you still want to post comments about 1/55s, Hi-Metals, etc go ahead. I was curious about the prevalance amongst the Chogokin line specifically.

Your wife probably scratched them with her long nails while you were not looking. jk

The way I deal with the scatches is the same way I deal with diecast matchbox cars. I just don't touch it and only look at it and see it as display pieces more than toys.

The smaller toys like HiMetal are the ones that you play with. Maybe collectors secretly like that the toys lose value if you open up the box because it drives up the cost of unopened MINT toys that they have stored away never to check if the toy is good? This allows them to up the price on ebay to desperate people. If the secondhand opened toys that everyone else owns have scratches on them it justifies to them why they can charge more money to sell the mint ones. (much like comic book collectors who keep everything in those plastic bags to preserve them)

With trading cards (the rare ones) for instance if they have bent edges they are not as valuable as mint card that is sealed. A guy who doesn't touch it can think of his collection as "superior" to other collectors because it is as close to the way it was when first released.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I did a quick check of my DX valks and the only one which isn't scratched anywhere is the VF-27 Grace. Most likely as I took her out of the box and straight away displayed it.

All the rest have some kind of scratch or very small paint chip somewhere but my Alto 25 has the most. Still not bad or anything to cause concern. Kinda like a bit of field roughage! :p:lol:

Th th th th th thrreadomancy~~~~~~~~~~~

Lupin has been banned like for over two years i think. Last I remember he sold off his entire Macross collection, started buying guns and then went nuts insulting board members until the ban hammer came thundering down

Edited by Duymon