Macross Collectibles Market Watch - Current Auction/Store SOLD prices

jvmacross

Different markets I guess. I don't think the Japanese care as much about VF-1 yamatos as we do haha. Or maybe it's just so common to them it's not that big of a deal.

It's kind of the opposite of Votoms sales. You can sell a piece over there for $400 that wouldn't barely give you $150 here.

Edited by Gakken85

This may not be related, but was wondering how much shipping was charged normally for a 1/48 VF-1? This is because I was charged $60 for a 1/48 VF-1 using DHL.

Ive emailed them a quote for EMS, but would EMS be cheaper? or should I go the RSAL route...which I think may be a bit unsafe based on what I read on this board.

Thanks!

Sal takes forever and can get lost.

EMS is the best option

Only use DHL if you have a business address... And it's not a giant 1/48 box lol.

Thanks! That explains why my 2 x VF-22s shipment was cheaper (EMS) than 1 x 1/48 (DHL). The cubic foot should be roughly the same, if not slightly bigger on the 2 x VF-22s.

On a side note, they should automate the shipping calculation estimates for EMS/DHL/SAL during the ordering process...Im sure people have been emailing them back to get different shipping quotes.

While we're discussing shipping, would you under-declare packages to avoid customs duties if possible?

I have a lot of packages (>10 valks, I am ashamed to say) pending shipping in buyee and I really want to combine them to save on shipping but customs imposes a 7% tax on the total CIF value of a package (item declared value+insurance+shipping) if it exceeds SGD400 (roughly 31,900yen). I can usually combine 2 items to be under the limit but the shipping savings aren't too great. 3-4 items is much better but that easily exceeds the 31900 yen limit without including international shipping.

Comments?

I think he mentioned it somewhere that for some reasons, its cheaper to go DHL if its a business address...

The last thing I ordered from Mandarake was an extra set of Fast Packs for my Max 1A (Sunday) and the cost of EMS and DHL was exactly the same. Also, DHL arrived yesterday. Maybe for something larger like a 1/48 the price changes but for smaller packages that does not appear to be the case.

While we're discussing shipping, would you under-declare packages to avoid customs duties if possible?

I have a lot of packages (>10 valks, I am ashamed to say) pending shipping in buyee and I really want to combine them to save on shipping but customs imposes a 7% tax on the total CIF value of a package (item declared value+insurance+shipping) if it exceeds SGD400 (roughly 31,900yen). I can usually combine 2 items to be under the limit but the shipping savings aren't too great. 3-4 items is much better but that easily exceeds the 31900 yen limit without including international shipping.

Comments?

Is the insured value based on the declared value?....in other words, if your items get lost or stolen...do you receive the declared value as compensation or can the insured value be different? I would assume they both need to be the same....with that said....it all depends on your level of risk aversion....personally, I want to be fully compensated for any losses to my shipments

That's a good question, I will ask buyee customer support to verify. Though I think the insurance is probably based on the declared value.

Probably....10+ valks is easily more than 1000 USD based on recent YJA prices.......I guess you have to ask how trustworthy is your country's mail delivery system.....I personally would not even trust the US Postal Service! For that amount I usually go with FedEx....not sure if you have that option

Perhaps it is best/safer to just swallow the additional shipping cost and spread out the packages with 2-3 at a time? Again, it all depends on how reputable the local postal system is in any given country.

Good Luck!

Sure EMS will track it...but you are SOL if the package gets damaged and the contents are worth more than the default insurance amount....

I believe barrutor is concerned about customs fees in his country...and those are tied to the value declaration...which most likely has to coincide with the insured value.... (kind of a non-issue for us here in the USA...we don't get hit with customs fees....at least for the moment.....the only extra cost when shipping/importing our stuff is the cost associated with extra insurance if we want it).

If he wants to declare a low value to avoid the customs fees...he may be in trouble if his stuff ends up lost or severely damaged due to the corresponding lowered insurance coverage amount.....

Again...it's ultimately all based on how much risk you are willing to take.....

Almost positive the declared value is used to calculate insurance. If this matters, don't have them declare anything ridiculously low or it will bite you in the ass if the package is lost or damaged.

You will take all the risk if you want to skirt around taxes!

Edited by xrentonx

Business for UPS, FedEx and DHL is always cheaper because your on the routes the do everyday.

Residential costs more because it's time that wasn't allocated already.

I bought something from Mandrake for DHL and they charged me 60$.

I sent them an email saying it was a business address, it can back at 28$.

EMS doesn't change because the Post Office doesn't care.

Probably....10+ valks is easily more than 1000 USD based on recent YJA prices.......I guess you have to ask how trustworthy is your country's mail delivery system.....I personally would not even trust the US Postal Service! For that amount I usually go with FedEx....not sure if you have that option

Perhaps it is best/safer to just swallow the additional shipping cost and spread out the packages with 2-3 at a time? Again, it all depends on how reputable the local postal system is in any given country.

Good Luck!

Just to update, I confirmed with buyee, if I change my invoice to underdeclare value then insurance will only cover the new value. So far EMS in Singapore has been pretty good, all my packages have been intact.

Now to figure out the best combination of packages to maximize shipping...

Makes sense. Doubtful most shipping software will have two seperate fields for "declared value" and "declared lower value for skirting local tax laws." :D

Be careful when you ask them to declare the value lower because if something goes wrong, you'll be out a lot of money...at the very least it'll be a huge hassle.