Strangely, I never tried out the stun, blast and rocket arms even after developing them a while back. I used Hand of Jehuty a little, and the range was a little disappointing. Will have to give the stun and rocket arms a try next mission.

Either way, all the rocket/blast hands won't make up for a missing Quiet. I accidentally unlocked her "secret" cutscene where she and Venom were frolicking in the rain at MB. Still got the butterfly emblem on, and I'll keep her until I S rank everything until mission 45.

Strangely, I never tried out the stun, blast and rocket arms even after developing them a while back. I used Hand of Jehuty a little, and the range was a little disappointing. Will have to give the stun and rocket arms a try next mission.

Either way, all the rocket/blast hands won't make up for a missing Quiet. I accidentally unlocked her "secret" cutscene where she and Venom were frolicking in the rain at MB. Still got the butterfly emblem on, and I'll keep her until I S rank everything until mission 45.

That scene is the true ending, Quiet & BB & Motherbase happily ever after!

I've gotten to the point where the main missions start getting recycled in harder modes; are they optional or do I have to do them to get more story-related missions?

Just got there as well, dont like how they went with these filler missions to try and stretch chapter 2. Im so bummed about it i went on to just do side ops, did manage to get the arm of Jehuty :) Seeing little things like that brings a smile to my face since im a huge ZOE fan and will probably never see a 3rd game :(

Yeah, it's a shame that they had to recycle missions to pad up the game. I haven't finished the game, but I've heard enough talk about what's been going on between Kojima and Konami, that MGSV is basically an incomplete game resulting from Konami's reluctance to invest in AAA titles, and Kojima's manic perfectionism.

BTW, I just finished Cursed Legacy, and for some reason, I couldn't extract Venom using the Wormhole Fulton while on a crate, which is one of the optional objectives. It Fultoned the crate, but Venom just falls off. It's also the first time in a long while that I left Quiet behind, and used DD. It was actually pretty fun taking out the heavy infantry using DD's stun attack and gas grenades. Earned a bat emblem for it--which is strange. Apparently, it was supposed to be for "whose who achieved victory using all forms of the art of war" or something like that. All I did was use DD's "bark" and "stun" command, and lob gas grenades at the enemy.

As for ZoE, I'm still kicking myself for not getting the HD collection for the PS3. Funny thing is, I got to know the mech before the game! :lol: I just saw a random pic of the Jehuty and instantly bought the Kotobukiya kit, without even knowing the source material.

I don't how to defeat the Skull in single combat so I ordered my guys to drop bombs from the air. Finally got Quiet on my side. She's good at covering my butt.

My style of play is that of frustration after spending an hour to perfectly stalk some guy I have to kill I'll end up getting killed that the very end. When I restart from the check point I skip all the possible bonus points for a quick kill and runaway attack. Rocket launchers solves most problems.

When you're extracting a materials container, there should be a prompt when you're on top of it.

"hold button to ride fulton extraction".

Thanks UN_MARINE! That explains everything. I never saw the prompt. I just got up and crouched on the middle of the crate, and fultoned in like usual.

I don't how to defeat the Skull in single combat so I ordered my guys to drop bombs from the air. Finally got Quiet on my side. She's good at covering my butt.

My style of play is that of frustration after spending an hour to perfectly stalk some guy I have to kill I'll end up getting killed that the very end. When I restart from the check point I skip all the possible bonus points for a quick kill and runaway attack. Rocket launchers solves most problems.

I recommend the LMG or D-Walker with Gatling gun equipped against Skull soldiers. Shreds Skulls like nothing else. Keith also recommends the Serval for headshots, but I haven't unlocked that one yet.

On that one mission with the sniper Skulls (Code Talker I think), I got pissed after seeing Quiet get killed by them3 times in a row, and I just couldn't sneak past them no matter how hard I tried. Ended up calling in a tank and wiping the floor with them. Killing them alerts the mansion guards, and they call in a chopper and armored vehicle in the later part of the game, but that's the only way to get cammo parasite (extracting sniper skulls).

Yeah, it's a shame that they had to recycle missions to pad up the game. I haven't finished the game, but I've heard enough talk about what's been going on between Kojima and Konami, that MGSV is basically an incomplete game resulting from Konami's reluctance to invest in AAA titles, and Kojima's manic perfectionism.

Honestly, if it meant getting a complete game that met Kojima's vision, I probably wouldn't have minded waiting another 6 months to a year as ridiculous as that sounds. I got a sinking feeling that something like this could happen after Silent Hills was canned. Maybe it would have been asking too much but I would have loved to have run into actual firefights in the Afghan map between Soviet forces and Mujhadeen.

Honestly, if it meant getting a complete game that met Kojima's vision, I probably wouldn't have minded waiting another 6 months to a year as ridiculous as that sounds. I got a sinking feeling that something like this could happen after Silent Hills was canned. Maybe it would have been asking too much but I would have loved to have run into actual firefights in the Afghan map between Soviet forces and Mujhadeen.

Me too. I'd have waited a whole year longer if that's what it took. Just a totally unconfirmed theory, but I think they did GZ as a standalone game to get the execs at Konami to give Kojima more time to finish the main TPP game, TPP just seems unfinished. Kojima would most likely have fixed the crazy terrain issues where Venom couldn't even climb over a knee-height rock.

BTW, having Venom run into firefights between the Soviets and the Mujahadeen wouldn't be a problem, as we've already seen this being done in MGS4. At least 2 large sections of the game had local freedom fighters going up against PMC's while Snake slipped through enemy lines--you could even help the freedom fighters out and gain their trust. I mean, the programming's already there. Of course, I'm not a game designer, so I wouldn't know if it would be that easy to recycle game programs like that.

Ive finished it but it doesnt help that Kojima keeps tweeting stuff from #neverbegameover and hints that theres more. that elusive Chapter 3....lol..I wonder if there is maybe time locked content on there thats waiting for specific times or something. So many theories and hints have been found that keep the game going.

What they shouldve done was just release chapter 1 as the game we got. Its more than worth the $60 that they are charging for it. Chapters 2 and 3 could have been DLC and charged $30 for it. I wouldve been happy with that model instead of this chapter 2 is 7 missions plus 13 of re-do's.

Honestly,

I have played every metal gear game since "87" on the original NES system. Loved the game play here so many great elements. having said that, I have never been so disconnected from a metal gear game as I was with Phantom Pain. :unsure: . I found the mission inexcusably repetitive, every time I did a mission I kept asking myself why am I doing this mission again? :blink: the narrative through those darn tapes was laughable and just plain lazy!

The other elements as " open world" IMHO was nothing of the kind. large for sure, but completely devoid of life. but for the occasional skirmish with Russian soldiers there is nothing. yes, I know it is Afghanistan, but trust me when I say Afghanistan is teaming with afghans. my point in this respect is that not every game needs to be made "opened world" and we don't have to fear linear game play.

Finally, it was obvious to see that this game was incomplete, and not just technically, that first level, escaping the hospital, amazing! the rest of the game made me feel very anemic. that is to say, that I was simply playing the game in the hopes that I would get to a cut scene, something, anything that would jolt my connection to this game.

Honestly guys I felt like I was playing an unfinished giant sand box of VR missions. and trust me when I say I love Metal Gear!!!!!!!!!!! that is why I was so disappointed.

just my opinion.

Just played through Shining Lights, Even in Death. Damn, that mission was hard to go through--and I don't mean the difficulty.

Did a few more side ops since then, and

Huey's a f**king prick. Hope he gets what's coming to him later.

Oh, and I just rescued fricking Hideo Kojima from an Afghan outpost! :lol:

BTW, are spoiler quotes still necessary?

Ever since completing Shining Lights, my staff have been fighting a lot. Is this normal? They never did anything like that up until now, and I had a ton of Troublemakers in each facility--aren't they supposed to cancel each other out?

I'll keep doing a few more side ops and wait for

Huey's trial to take place

EDIT: Huey's cutscene is not unlocking. I did all the yellow-marked side ops and main missions, and listened to all the cassettes. The only yellow-marked mission I haven't done is the dispatch mission that uses the Battle Gear. The odds of winning were only at 67%, so I held off on it. Do I need to complete this in order for the Huey cutscene to unlock? For that matter, do I have to win the mission, too?

Never mind, I just unlocked it after playing a few side ops.

Also decided I couldn't let Quiet go, and simply watched her ending cutscene on youtube. Will not be playing mission 45 or side op 150.

Edited by GU-11

Well, Huey's final end was commiting suicide after teenage Hal sleeps with his second wife (Emma"s mom).

Still a better fate than that prick deserves.

So I've heard some side ops will trigger story missions to automatically start. Anybody know which ones so I can avoid them until I'm ready?

Specifically, the Huey side op at the Afghanistan Central Base and side op 150 where you have to extract Quiet. Both lead to missions that you're probably not prepared for, especially side op 150.

Oh, and I can now confirm that you CAN indeed keep Quiet as a buddy, at the expense of not seeing her "ending". Just keep her butterfly emblem on and side op 150/mission 45 will NOT unlock. Keep doing missions and random side ops and eventually the final mission (46) will unlock, giving you access to the game's ending. Sure, you'll miss out on her ending, but there's always youtube. But damn, even just watching the youtube clip of the cutscene was heart-rending.

Edited by GU-11

I kinda wish I wasn't hell-bent on finishing the game, I could've found out about the consequences of 150/45 earlier. Oh well, DD + Stun arm is pretty OP anyway. :lol:

I figured out how to

get Quiet to hold still long enough for the supply box to connect on mission 40... Use the Weather Dominator! (rain).

I kinda wish I wasn't hell-bent on finishing the game, I could've found out about the consequences of 150/45 earlier. Oh well, DD + Stun arm is pretty OP anyway. :lol:

I figured out how to

get Quiet to hold still long enough for the supply box to connect on mission 40... Use the Weather Dominator! (rain).

Another way to get the supply drop to work...

is to call it in, stick your head out when the box is about 10 away from her and make her shoot. The animation of her firing takes too long for her to get away from the box and you can still get an S rank. Oh and stun grenades are great against her.

I just got around to finishing all missions with an S rank, all that's left to do is the side objectives. Fortunately the stealth camo should help out a bit with those listen to the conversations objectives.

I figured out how to

TBH, DD becomes more useful as the game progresses, as more soldiers will start wearing heavy armor that are impervious to tranq darts--unless you equip her with a Brennan, she's pretty much useless against those. At that point, DD's stun attack and gas grenades become your best friends. I've been tying out the rocket arm, and I only managed to take out 2 guards in one shot just once. It was pretty fun to use, though.

Either way, Quiet sometimes causes the whole base to panic, even when using a suppressed tranq rifle, making it harder to you to sneak around for CQC takedowns. She's also not particularly good in places with a lot of buildings, especially Sakhra Ee.

BTW, great tip for mission 40!

anybody know how to actually get Quiet as a buddy once you capture her? I had one cutscene where she tried to get on the chopper with Snakesaying he preferred to work alone when leaving mother base, but that's it.

It's timed, when it happens, you'll know. And never let go.

I finished the game last week, and I have to say it feels utterly incomplete, story-wise. Never mind the so-called missing mission 51, there was absolutely no build-up to the final revelation at all--I suspect all the missions that were supposed to lead up to it were replaced with recycled missions. Seriously, I'd rather they ended it all with the events of Chapter One. At least that was a fully contained story arc in itself.

It's really a shame, because this is by far my favorite MGS game in terms of gameplay.

BTW

I just couldn't bring myself to give Paz the last photo. I'm content to just visit her every time I return to MB, and pick up her book for her. Poor kid's been through so much, and I'd rather pretend she's survived and has blissfully forgotten the truth.

For now, I'll continue to enjoy going on missions with Quiet. Hell, I'm tempted to use her humming as my new ringtone.