DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

Hey jmx222 we all know that Luca fans are out there. I'm sure you don't need to stigmatize yourself on the Internet with this avatar. ;)

Man how does anime52k8 get away with this all the time. I need to put the same items in my interest field. :D

About 13 left from NY. Better be quick. Looks like they don't set a limit on how many you can order. If you add a large quantity to your order you can see how many they have left for order.

Edited by Valk-1S

Does anyone know how NY works internally?

I just imagine that a bunch of Japanese are calling up their Valkyrie harvesters with smoking telephones to assure the can secure the number of items they list as their pre-order batch.

And in my mind I see a 60s business room with rows of Japanese businessmen all suited up sitting on their desktops while calling and smoking and smoking and calling being 100% professional.

I think I need professional help now. This kind of hallucination must be dangerous. :blink:

Started at $151.00, I believe. So it's a little over $30 premium for them to send one of their guys around to buy up stock in the brick and mortars maybe...

You know, given that $180USD was basically retail price 6 months ago when the VF-25G was up for preorder, I don't feel that bad about paying a premium.

What I don't get is that NY seems to be able to secure more stock than the other major online retailers like Amiami, Hobby Search and HLJ. Amiami, Hobby Search and HLJ tend to put an order limit like 1 per order yet they sell out in seconds or minutes. NY which does not appear to set an order limit seems to be able to offer more stock as they last longer when offered. I don't have the details on how much stock each retailers get but based on how fast they sell out and the limit put in place, it looks like NY is able to get more stock.

What I don't get is that NY seems to be able to secure more stock than the other major online retailers like Amiami, Hobby Search and HLJ. Amiami, Hobby Search and HLJ tend to put an order limit like 1 per order yet they sell out in seconds or minutes. NY which does not appear to set an order limit seems to be able to offer more stock as they last longer when offered. I don't have the details on how much stock each retailers get but based on how fast they sell out and the limit put in place, it looks like NY is able to get more stock.

It's very simple actually. Big retailers like Amiami, Hobby Search n HLJ r just too big to be bothered to cater to an individual item or individual customer's needs. They buy in bulk n sell in bulk, dats about it. Whereas a more niche retailer like Nippon Yasan is more flexible and would do more to get more sales, aka reordering selective items depending on market interest! Ps: they will also offer better customer service to retain customers :)

I'd actually wait till the actual items are released before praising NY for fulfilling all our orders. I'm a little skeptical right now.

I'm not. It was the same situation with the VF-171EX, VF-25G, VF-4. AFAIK, every member who preordered received their item. I know I did.

IIRC, it was exactly like the VF-25G. Preorders opened,closed and reopened again. But of course with some sort of markup. Not sure where they get their stock, but hey, I'm glad that they do!

Yes, when I have my VF-171CF in my hands I have no further worries about my RVF-25 order.

The whole buzz about NY really started with this Valkyrie if I remember so when they can successfully manage this order I'm fine.

Plus without numbers it's hard to tell if the run into a problem. But the don't seem to rely only on the items from Bandai directly so we don't have the same situation with the VF-171EX where several

importers had to cancel their entire pre-orders.

Not overly worried though because they seem to know what they do. But it's to early to praise them for being the last hope for us Gaijin. ;)