IXTL

Thanks. Can't access their website right now. Seems like their shop interferes with the content filter. At least they let me listen to Fire Bomber at work. Holy Lonely Night *sing* :)

Edited by Scyla

Technically it's currently cheaper thanks to the yen being so low. I'm locked in at 247 but now it's 243. I was so frantic to get the preorder i didn't want to risk changing the currency. Plus when i pay with paypal it won't take it out of my paypal balence if it's yen, it'll directly take it from my bank account which is annoying.

Guest davidwhangchoi

wow, makes NY look reasonable. i never seen them sell out so quick after every re-stock. i figured to post it up as a joke thinking everyone got one. i wonder if these will be as in demand as the vf-25F or S,

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yeah, I understand. But it becomes pointless when you have so much demand for a item that has such a small run.

It starts off with wholesale price. Maybe Bandai sells these for $60-80 dollars (I'm not sure).

Suggested retail will vary from Brick and Mortars in Japan, to Online stores in the united states who have to import them. So $130-170.

If you import them yourself you're paying shipping on top of any markup.

My point is, there isn't one set magic price for us as consumers outside the natural market. As American's we're used to being able to buy whatever we want and having competition to get it cheap. Obviously that's not the case here.

The sooner you buy it the better off you are. If it's $20 bucks over, or $30 somebody will pay $100, so you better pull the trigger if you want it. Scalpers thrive on finding those people who have more money than time. And they do exist.

And again, these are luxury items. It's not like we're talking about Milk and Eggs.

Yeah, I understand. But it becomes pointless when you have so much demand for a item that has such a small run.

It starts off with wholesale price. Maybe Bandai sells these for $60-80 dollars (I'm not sure).

Suggested retail will vary from Brick and Mortars in Japan, to Online stores in the united states who have to import them. So $130-170.

My point is, there isn't one set magic price for us as consumers outside the natural market. As American's we're used to being able to buy whatever we want and having competition to get it cheap. Obviously that's not the case here.

The sooner you buy it the better off you are. If it's $20 bucks over, or $30 somebody will pay $100, so you better pull the trigger if you want it. Scalpers thrive on finding those people who have more money than time. And they do exist.

And again, these are luxury items. It's not like we're talking about Milk and Eggs.

If the perked-up demand is from scalpers, then the price will fall if the scalpers can't sell their pre-order and ended up cancelling their per-orders. They have nothing to lose since they don't have to pay up front. Just look at the vf-171 CF which is now "on sale" at NY.

True. The scalpers take risks. I think the 171 is different for lots of reasons.

Even so, some people don't have time to keep track of all these prices, and just want to buy one. You can always wait for somebody with more money than time.

True. The scalpers take risks. I think the 171 is different for lots of reasons.

Even so, some people don't have time to keep track of all these prices, and just want to buy one. You can always wait for somebody with more money than time.

There is no risk when no up-front payment is required. They can simply cancel their pre-order if they have not lined up a buyer by the time payment is required. That's why you see thats pre-order are being listed on eBay already.

I think scalpers looking also for uninformed people with money. ;) After getting into collecting foreign toys I needed some time to learn all the little "secrets" and finding the important information sources (and I'm still learning and discovering).

I know now that I over-payed for a lot of loot (VF-25 Renewal Super and Armor Parts *cough*). Fun times. :)

Oh no, I preordered the Armor Parts from BBTS because I knew no other shops besides BBTS and HLJ (and HLJ didn't offered them). Had I knew about Tokyo Hunter, Anime Export or NY it would saved me a lot of money.

But a) it's only money and b) that is the price to pay if you're a noob. :D

It helps that I really like those parts. :)

Edited by Scyla

Oops... totally missed out on this. That's what I get for not checking this site lately. :p Guess I'll wait and see if NY re-opens the order...

If you're willing to pay N-Y's over inflated price you might as well check out nin-nin game as their preorder is currently open, and for roughly the same as N-Y. You may want to take shipping into consideration, however.

Edited by mechaninac

If you're willing to pay N-Y's over inflated price you might as well check out nin-nin game as their preorder is currently open, and for roughly the same as N-Y. You may want to take shipping into consideration, however.

That or wait for the release and hope scalpers drop their preorders...but even then the price might not come down

If the price does not come down by at least 2000 Yen, I've already made up my mind that I don't need this thing. I'll just make do with my 1/72 model and call it a day, and consider it a savings of +/- $265.00.

Hope it does come down. It's a worthwhile jet that I hope all of us get to add to our collections. Still have a new v1 and sold my older one and I think it's still a fantastic design.

True enough. I'd like to get one, but not enough to pay scalper rates, specially after getting shot dowh at Hobbysearch and HLJ on the night the preorders went up; got all the way to adding to cart and going through checkout, only to have the rug pulled from under my feet both times. I'm still PO'd enough at that fiasco that I will not reward that kind of crap with my money. Also, there is always the possibility that Grace's unit will be released later...

Edited by mechaninac

True enough. I'd like to get one, but not enough to pay scalper rates, specially after getting shot dowh at Hobbysearch and HLJ on the night the preorders went up; got all the way to adding to cart and going through checkout, only to have the rug pulled from under my feet both times. I'm still PO'd enough at that fiasco that I will not reward that kind of crap with my money. Also, there is always the possibility that Grace's unit will be released later...

I want a green renewal!!!

Surprised they didn't hike the price further

I really could not see them doing that, 25000 is already a pretty big amount over retail. I also noticed during the "Pre-order panic" that they were slowing down drastically when they hit that price. I think they realize that's about the limit at this point. Once the unit is sold out, I think they will up the price by a lot when they are hard to find. That is if they have stock left and the valk is popular.

Edited by Loop

I really could not see them doing that, 25000 is already a pretty big amount over retail. I also noticed during the "Pre-order panic" that they were slowing down drastically when they hit that price. I think they realize that's about the limit at this point. Once the unit is sold out, I think they will up the price by a lot when they are hard to find. That is if they have stock left and the valk is popular.

They did price hike the Alto by 50%. Retail 14k yen, price increased to 21k yen. For the VF-27, the price increase from retail is about 19% which is not bad comparing to the Alto price hike.

Hello all.

The lucifer super part set comes with a vf27 and the super part right?

Not just super part right? At 25000 yen.

Because i saw a brera set at 45000yen at nin nin.thats makes me worry that the lucifer super part at 25000yen might not consist of a vf27.....

Hello all.

The lucifer super part set comes with a vf27 and the super part right?

Not just super part right? At 25000 yen.

Because i saw a brera set at 45000yen at nin nin.thats makes me worry that the lucifer super part at 25000yen might not consist of a vf27.....

Yes, it's the VF-27 and the super parts. I think Ninnin is just gouging on the price.