Deus Ex movie - I never asked for this...

Couldn't get through the game because it doesn't have a left-handed control setup. It also remains the only game I own that glitches the modified controller I keep for just such occasions. Irrational though it may be, I will avoid the movie based on these experiences.

Couldn't get through the game because it doesn't have a left-handed control setup. It also remains the only game I own that glitches the modified controller I keep for just such occasions. Irrational though it may be, I will avoid the movie based on these experiences.

Controller?

Oh, right. Human Revolution came out for more than PC...

Can't say I'm surprised. If board games and them park rides have been made into movies (both examples of which turned out pretty decent, as in Pirates of the Caribbean and Battleship), what's to stop them from leeching off of the popularity of a successful video game franchise?

Edited by GU-11

• 1 year later...

Pretty impressive effects for a fan-made, and overall well done. Undoubtably, Deus-Ex would make for a good movie in the right hands.

Personally, I'd prefer the original, wrist mounted crossbow, music, everything. The original game still stands out to me as one of the best games I've ever played.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The last Deus Ex Game was awesome, that fan film, off the hook, and the next one looks like a worthy successor. Now, I had an idea the other night, for some reason I put on the Robocop remake, it was one of those nights don't judge me. But, as I was watching it, and seeing all the tech shown in the movie, it occurred to me, that with some tweaks it could be seen as Deus Ex prequel. Think about it, it's a definite distopia with multiple cyborgs, automated bots, megacorps, etc... All it's missing is an Illuminati connection.