5 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

That Iron Man would look a little better if they used new arms and legs with the circles hollowed out like the chest.

As it stands it's like an only marginally improved Half-assed Hasbro Marvel Now IM because the circles are only painted on.

Edited by Mommar

Star Lord looks pretty good, I need him, and all the other Guardians. I'm actually glad I missed Spidey at HLJ, I grabbed one from BBTS instead, that wall accessory is nicer then I expected, I'll take it! Not like cancelling at HLJ would've been difficult but still, now I don't need to camp their site every hour to wait for an opening.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I went ahead and paid way too much for a Marvel Now IM figure.  I'm weak.

Oh shoot! I missed that one. Already not available at NY. Didn't even notice they put it up already. :(

I am loving that Rocket and Groot. But I'm confused, this set is listed as Web Exclusive, so the only way to get a Figuarts Rocket is to buy this set? Is Star Lord also getting a stand alone release? Will Bluefin distribute some of these guys like we've been getting other Marvel Figuarts?

Seems a safe bet Bluefin will.  The last two Marvel releases they've covered.  Strange and Spider-Man.  Would be odd to not keep selling them especially considering the Guardians are pretty popular in the US.  A lot more than Doctor Strange.

Review of Figurats Ryu up... it's massively disappointing IMO.  IT looks so plain.  No shading or anything.  The Storm Collectibles one looks better and the articulation is just as good but without all of the ungainly seams on the Figuarts.  I might drop this line.

On 4/12/2017 at 10:34 AM, Mommar said:

I didn't know they put it up at NY either...

Actually, for the last week, I keep on getting notification from NY about the Black and Gold Iron Man but decided not to pursue it since it's not MCU canon. I decided to keep my Figuarts IM figures movie canon. Can't wait to see a Figuarts Iron Man SM Homecoming ver soon. ;) 

17 hours ago, Mommar said:

Then I propose a race.

My four stand alone Halls shipped three days ago already, my MK VI is the US release that's bundled with yet another Hall piece, so I won't see that for a bit.

Also, it appears Star Lord is getting a US release, more expensive as usual, and with another un-necessary accessory. With Spider-Man I did the US release, that big wall piece is unique and brand new, I skipped on strange, and I'll be skipping this, he's quite expensive at BBTS, and I don't think purple explosion effects are worth the upped price tag.

SH-Figuarts-Star-Lord-and-Explosion-Set-

SH-Figuarts-Star-Lord-and-Explosion-Set-

Huh, fascinating.  I'm all about that Wolverine and War Machine.  Hulk is... weird.  What sort of Mythological Japanese creature is that based on?    But they're just concepts.  Whatever happened to that questionable Captain America they showed at a previous event?  Maybe Marvel axed that one?

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Huh, fascinating.  I'm all about that Wolverine and War Machine.  Hulk is... weird.  What sort of Mythological Japanese creature is that based on?    But they're just concepts.  Whatever happened to that questionable Captain America they showed at a previous event?  Maybe Marvel axed that one?

Hulk is probably based on barbarian/brute type personalities more than a creature. I thk the releases on these were quite slow..probably a year and a half gap? 

Edited by seti88

4 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Hulk is probably based on barbarian/brute type personalities more than a creature. I thk the releases on these were quite slow..probably a year and a half gap? 

Not that wide for the first two Marvel releases.  Spider-Man was October 2016 and Iron Man was released this past February.  Though several of the Star Wars releases have been delayed for two months each so maybe the entire Realization line has been postponed for some reason.  Given the glance at ebay I'd assume it's because of massive bootleg problems with the Realization releases.

Oh, guess it felt like the samurai SW took a hiatus inbetween releases, maybe i was thinking abt the time between the original releases and recent releases. 

But no i didnt bite on the DT, the DX valks and supers took a major bite out of my wallet tho..:o