Customized 1/48 Gallery

NeoverseOmega

sure..... it is so low-tech you guys will not believe me!

here goes , 1. get a fine tip permanent marker and use it to fill in the natural grove lines. (best if done section by section) then with your finger rub over the panel lines ( this will have a dual effect) 1. it will only remove the excess permanent marker from the surface area leaving the actual lines stained black with that sleek look i have. 2. it will also create that weathering affect that makes the valk look more real as if it has been in battle...

to finish up , get some ordinary windex and cloth(clean) and give it a coat or two... :o:o:o (note these steps must be done right after each other)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 :o:o:o and remeber one section at a time !!!!!!!

well there you have it guys quick and easy no real fuss , except that your arms will feel like you were lifting water buckets all day...but it is hell-of-woth it!!!!! :D

Edited by VF-19 pilot!!!

Thanks guys! It's amazing how talented some of the people on this site are.

VF-19 Pilot: Low-tech schmo-tech it looks gorgeous. I'll have to engage in your high impact arm workout when my 1-J arrives (my first valk, I'm all tingly).

Great Moose: I'll have to use my lower jaw as a dust-pan because I still can't get it up off the floor. That black shark is awe-inspiring - I imagine the valk actually emits an insane giggle every time an enemy dies. Those eyes are beautifully . . . maniacal. It's interesting to see how light the "black" parts of a valkyrie actually are next to your paint job. I guess they just look black instead of grey because of contrast.

Are the yellow stripes under the kite emblem actually part of a decal or did you actually paint those on?

Looks like a spectacular start to the 1/48th Valkyrie Louvre. Maybe once we get a large enough collection the administrators will actually make the gallery a part of the site . . . (oh that's right, I forgot, I'm just about the only person who would notice if Graham took down everything but the forums) ;) .

Anyway, keep 'em comin'.

Keep them coming folks! Simply Beautiful!

BTW: Anyone working on an Enigma variant?

Yes, I am planning on doing an Enigma. Just waiting for the VF-1A Max and Anasazi's decals to show up. I will keep everyone posted. i amy need some help, this will be my first custom.

Jung's custom VF-1A looks hella gorgeous!

:o Very nice!