1/60 Skull Squadron VF-11C

Kurisama

Ok, so I fixed the problem areas - have uploaded to shapeways, but NOT made them available because there is a delay with uploads and I don't want ppl to buy the old version by accident. I will make them available in a few hours (damn... it's 1.20am already?!?!). I have notified Shapeways and they will advise via e-mail all those ppl who ordered them originally.

Again, I'm very sorry about the delay.

Here, have a cookie; http://www.shapeways.com/model/625101/1-60-set-of-12-6l-amp-6r-hard-points-for-wings.html

Reivaj, anime52k8 - you're welcome :D

Un-F##KING-believeable.

HMMs and Wing-clips rejected again.

This time it's another area that is too thin. We're talking about 0.1mm of a difference.

It's infuriating as A) they could've told me when they initially did the checks and advised of the previous errors and B) all you guys are probably losing heart that that I can deliver a good product. I can't believe it. I ALREADY HAVE THE PIECES IN HAND. I KNOW THEY CAN BE PRINTED. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

I am about ready to give up on these pieces.

I have fixed and uploaded AGAIN. Will make sure a few hours pass before I make them available again.

I will ask if they can advise everyone who ordered them to get a notice they're available... again.

I'm going to bed.

Please don't!!! :p

Thanks Reivaj :D Mustn't let these little hiccups tick me off.

So did they get accepted this time? Are the wing adapters and missiles available now? I've been waiting for these things to finally be done.

Yeah they have been - but they don't seem to double check until they're just about ready to print. They run an automated program to check the models overall, then they go for a second (by person) pass over to check for possible faults.

They advised that the reason I got the models the first time is that the person checking them missed those potential errors but no the second time - and if they go bad they can loose the entire print run.

SO - I checked and triple checked the components and checked thru their suggested thrid party software for errors and everything checked out - they're now up and available again.

If they get rejected this time - I will just make a replacement wing with hard points for the VF-11 and just get rid of the finer details and fill-in the HMMs.

Again, I apologize and thank you for your patience. Next time I will avoid super tiny/fragile parts wherever possible.

Whether they get rejected or not, I'd like to put in my vote for whole replacement wings. They just seem like they'd be much simpler to implement, and much less of a hassle all around. :)

Not to mention, I'd love a set in white that I can just slap on my VF-11C. I'm lazy, and would rather avoid having to paint stuff. :p

Shapeways is really starting to piss me off. The VA-3 project I'm working on had some parts I ordered sent just fine. Apparently now, they're not fine. What's even more frustrating, is that the thickness is within the range. For some reason, they've gotten worse as far as their tolerances, so I'm wondering if they got cheaper printers in or something? I try to use the Ultra clear detail stuff for things with smaller tolerances, and that seems to work fine.

I also just ordered a 4 set of the HMM missile set of 4. Funny thing is, I was working on a set of these up till about 2 months ago. At least now I don't have to finish. I do have a question though, any updates on the Rau cannon?

Edited by Jasonc

Man, what the hell is up with Shapeways. They can't print the HMM missile set either. I don't think they even tried. They are starting to suck now. They cancelled my order, then instead of refunding my money, decided to give me a store credit.

Jasonc - I feel like falling on my sword. This is really starting to crap me off. Not only is this the 3rd (or 4th) time this model has been rejected - with fixes to those 'errors' every time, each subsequent new 'error' is something new, not brought up before.

Right now - it's the thin part of the pylon that sharpens on one end that hold the missile. WHY did they not flag it the last 3 times!?!?

I am fixing it now - by basically merging the pylon to the missile as one piece. I don't want to mess with the small detail any more. Sorry to you for all this - and to everyone that has been stuffed around. And sorry if you wanted the missile to be detachable.

I'll post here when they're done. Then I will have a little cry.

52419_o.gif

Glane21 - not obvious enough for you?

Yes, I will eventually make the VF-11's APS-11 Armour.

And the VF-0 PWS-0X Reactive Armour.

And upgrade parts for the VF-22.

And upgrades parts to make a Queadluun Nona.

And upgrade parts to make a cannon mount for the 1/60 Rau to closer resemble the Rhea.

And plans to make a Zentran Renegade power armour.

And a hybrid TV/DYRL Noujadeul Ger power armour. N-Ger & Renegade will have interchangable parts to make custom hybrid power armour.

There I said it.

Kurisama, keep the original design up, as it should work with the frosted ultra detail. That material has the lowest limits on structure requirements. I may just get it in that, but or those that don't want to pay that money, they can use the WSF or WSF Polished on the fixed version.

Ok Jasonc, will do - I've uploaded the amended ones and giving it a while to repopulate the servers - will re-upload the 'old' HMMs later tonight (almost midday here) - want to work on the VF-0C/D stuff today as I'll be out of town for a week by wednesday.

Thanks for your patience.

Something just occurred to me - you're not planning on recasting/making molds of my HMMs... are you Jasonc?

No, I just want them to look clean when I buy them. I'm not one to recast other people's work, unless it's something they've asked me to do. I don't like people doing it with my stuff, so I wouldn't do it to someone else's stuff.

I don't know if you've ordered stuff in the Ultra frosted detail, but it is much easier to clean and paint, and will take thinner designs, but the trade off is the price.

Edited by Jasonc

oi ya rude bugger you in brisbane or not?

Lol, sorry to miss your post. Yeah, I'm in Brissy. Not much of a drinker anymore, used to be many moons ago - not so say I won't have a beer or two. Let me know when your up here, sure we can meet up in the city somewhere :D

Keeping my ears open here for the eventual VF-22 upgrade parts, I've got 5 to take care of. :p

Sweet, hope u'll dig what I have planned. Nothing too major but look forward to non collapsing rear landing gear as well as real feet and bell-bottom pants. Maybe new hard point ready wings too.

The way the wings curve on the 21/22, I kinda wish they would've put hardpoints on those wings. Speaking of, I don't remember the 21 ever having ordinance on the wing, but having the option would be nice.

Ever given any thought to designing upgrade parts for the 1/48 VF-1's to make them more like the 1/60's? I realize this might be a big project, but not as grand of a scale as your VF-0D (which is looking more and more amazing btw.). I've always disliked how floppy the 1/48's tended to be, but love most of the proportions. Just wish it was a bit more solid.

Lol, sorry to miss your post. Yeah, I'm in Brissy. Not much of a drinker anymore, used to be many moons ago - not so say I won't have a beer or two. Let me know when your up here, sure we can meet up in the city somewhere :D

Good, coz this years con is gaining momentum and I want to make sure your a part of it. :)

I haven't reordered the missiles yet since it was rejected the second time. Did anybody's order go through yet?

I have updated with the new HMMs a few days ago - these have pylons that are permanently attached. Gimmie a few more days and i will upload the ones that do detach - but they will need to be ordered in FUD or UD. I had a heap of orders go thru in the post to the second batch of customers and then orders after these batches were rejected only to be made into the non detachable ones.

Ever given any thought to designing upgrade parts for the 1/48 VF-1's to make them more like the 1/60's? I realize this might be a big project, but not as grand of a scale as your VF-0D (which is looking more and more amazing btw.). I've always disliked how floppy the 1/48's tended to be, but love most of the proportions. Just wish it was a bit more solid.

I've never handled a 1/48, so not much interest in them. Perhaps after all ly planned projects are done, and someone lends me one for measurements. I've had a couple of PMs about this scale, so I guess more than a few ppl here are interested in this.

The way the wings curve on the 21/22, I kinda wish they would've put hardpoints on those wings. Speaking of, I don't remember the 21 ever having ordinance on the wing, but having the option would be nice.

I always thought missiles on the wings would make the stealthyness void - but would look nice. Maybe some dedicated fast packs reminiscent of the sound force upgrades for the '22? Either way new wings and double wing joint would need to be carefully designed and made.