StarWars Underworld: Live action series

Omegablue

This guy says this thing is a "maybe" in a few years. I wouldn't get too happy, or too enraged. I don't see this happening.

That's always been the viewpoint I have taken towards this. They have been hyping it ever since the prequel trilogy ended and it hasn't gone anywhere. Personally, I would like to see a series set at the beginning of the Old Republic, depicting the original conflict between the Sith and the Jedi. That would be cool.

Well back in the day Space precinct cost a million an episode, so add up inflation costs and It would probably be nearer Ricks 5 Mil an episode. Just hope it doesn't suck half as much. That was a great idea that was executed, quite literally. When it was first hinted about in the U.K it was billed as a kinda Blade Runner crossed with Star Trek, but with puppets.

Sadly I guess if this ever comes to anything other than a bunch of fan boy dreams and rants, crossed with Lucas Arts Sabre rattling to generate interest in an already massive cash cow, I will be amazed.

I think they should either finish up the trilogies make the much rummer'd final three parts, or just go out into the Star Wars universe and do something familiar but different.

If that means setting it 1000 years/cycles or what ever before the Midichlorians even think about Darth Vader, or some where else in far away from the core worlds then so be it.

Edited by big F

Well back in the day Space precinct cost a million an episode, so add up inflation costs and It would probably be nearer Ricks 5 Mil an episode.

Terra Nova supposedly had a 4 million per episode budget, although it made a profit it is not yet being renewed (profit and ENOUGH profit per dollar spent not being the same thing). The Star Wars show would be on a cable channel rather then a network channel as well - but it is SW so it would have a built in audience to start though. Still a very big gamble.

That much an Episode for Tera Nova? Wow! I enjoyed the show. Won't watch it again, and It was held by Stephan Lang. But honestly can't see that type of money in it!

Then again Game of Thrones was 60 for the entire season. Whilst Falling Skies around 2.5 an episode. Both of those are presently in production for their next seasons.

Hmm, the idea (and the title) reminds me of the series written by my pal Mike Kennedy and my late countryman Carlos Meglia for Dark Horse. Mike and Carlos' Uderworld also dealt with Solo, Lando, the Hutts and of course the Bounty Hunters. It wouldn't surprise me if the script for this new series were taken directly from that awsome book, but being all that property of George Lucas anyway, he can do whatever he wants with it.

star_wars_underworld.jpg?w=500

Terra Nova supposedly had a 4 million per episode budget, although it made a profit it is not yet being renewed (profit and ENOUGH profit per dollar spent not being the same thing). The Star Wars show would be on a cable channel rather then a network channel as well - but it is SW so it would have a built in audience to start though. Still a very big gamble.

It gets a little more complex than that. Fox, the network, probably pays only around 1 Million of that while Fox, the studio, pays around 3 million. Fox, the network, make a profit off of selling the advertising time during the show, while Fox, the studio, makes its money down the road with syndication, DVD sales, etc. So while the network might be making a proft, the studio may not be. If they were two different companies, like when Fox runs a show produced by Universval, then the network might care as much if the studio takes a hit.

If this series is being produced anything like Clone Wars, then Lucasfilm, the studio, will be paying for it all themselves with no funding or input from the network (whichever network it may be). It's not likley that a network will pay the full 5 Million for each episode, so they're going to have find a way to recoup those cost themselves. Now, if they want to make a full 100 episode at 5 million each, that's half a billion they need to be sure they can recoup.

Terra Nova supposedly had a 4 million per episode budget, although it made a profit it is not yet being renewed (profit and ENOUGH profit per dollar spent not being the same thing).

That's the sort of Hollywood mentality that killed a second Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy film. Profit, but not ENOUGH profit to justify a second. Accountant morons.......

In this case I have to say, WAY TO GO BEAN COUNTERS!!!!! That movie was a turd.

I liked it. It fitted in with all of the other different and conflicting versions of Hitch-hikers.

What, no third Live Action Ewoks movie?

Yeah, like half the population is gone because most of the universe considers them as a delicacy,,, loved Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy,a very original movie IMO

With all the talk, I haven't even watch the clone wars which is more and more sounding interesting. I think it would be great to have a live action series

Lucas inc may have to stump up 5 B$ to make it but think of the toy and other spin off licences they will get payment for. There's the kids and the collectors to feed nowadays, might not be 5 billion but it will make a dent in it.

Oh and for the record I liked the new HHGTG yes it had a couple of questionable bits but fort the most part it was a modernisation of the original. It was certainly not a turd, far worse movies of recent times have been called better.

You guys must have seen a different HHGTTG then me. The one I saw was loud but stupid, and every deviation from the source was badly done. It's sad when a 20+ year old BBC miniseries was better then a modern movie.

What he said.

Recent comments by Lucas:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/18/george-lucas-star-wars-retiring/

Recent comments by Lucas:

http://popwatch.ew.c...-wars-retiring/

I think that quote was to head off speculation that he would ever make Star Wars chapters VII, VIII, and IX, which we know have been rumored since the late 70's early 80's. Time will tell.

It basically shows your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

I think George should take a leaf out of Michael Bay's book (re Transformers) and just do the films the way he wants and to hell with all the fan-boy snivelling, because the story and universe has so much it can give and we all know that if he makes it he WILL make his money back on it period.