StarWars Underworld: Live action series

Omegablue

It basically shows your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

I think George should take a leaf out of Michael Bay's book (re Transformers) and just do the films the way he wants and to hell with all the fan-boy snivelling, because the story and universe has so much it can give and we all know that if he makes it he WILL make his money back on it period.

Even taking into account all the retroactive screwing around he has done with SW, I still think he is the greatest and I will buy any future SW product. He should focus more on the 'why' of the fanboys. They get all bent out of shape because he has created the most epic story of our time.

Um, I think SW is the biggest franchise EVER,, the numbers dont lie

George Lucas's iconic series had the highest average-gross of all film franchises, nearly double its closest competition, the Spider-man series.

And rightfully so

Edited by pfunk

Um, I think SW is the biggest franchise EVER,, the numbers dont lie

Correct - but that is not what I was talking about. It was not even the "most epic" part (which is not the same thing as highest grossing btw). The reason fanboys are getting bent out of shape has NOTHING to do with either of those statements.

The fan boys are about the original series and not what GL had in his mind which is not the franchise, but only 3 parts, I was talking about the epic portion though

I gotta admit, I have no idea what you are talking about. It appears to NOT be what I was talking about.

You realise that had George Lucas not made parts 1 2 3. Then we would be lamenting about a twenty plus year old film series........ Oh does that sound familiar ?

Not me, after the horror that was "Return of the Jedi" I was not in any hurry to to see any more SW. (Of course I still went out and saw the prequals anyway...)

Well - if this is true then Lucas has sunk to a new low (stories on SyFy have an alarming tendency to be bogus however)

http://blastr.com/20...ay-time-tra.php

Absolute crap...its worse then a series about Gun-Gun's mating with Ewoks while Vader screams NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There is no time travel in Star Wars period.

Time travel is what ruined Star Trek, why the hell would this even be considered???

There only a few things that time travel worked well in..... Dr Who, Back to the Future, The Time Travellers Wife, Flight of the Navigator, Bill and Ted to name a few that come to mind.

Basically there is a pattern, any show or film that has time travel in it has to have time travel from the outset.

It wasn't used to lamely retcon some new idea in to help script writers force some new idea that wont fit in to the existing story because they have no imagination to write without it. Time travel did indeed frell up Star Trek, that and generally having the "remodulate the deflector shield" to fix it approach to every issue, and then reusing scripts and thinking the viewer hasn't noticed. The only time time travel did any good in Trek was when JJ Abrahams re-booted the whole thing with his film, thus binning every thing that had gone before.

Edited by big F

There only a few things that time travel worked well in..... Dr Who, Back to the Future, The Time Travellers Wife, Flight of the Navigator, Bill and Ted to name a few that come to mind.

"We're friends in the future, when you're a lady."

Edited by Keith

"We're friends in the future, when you're a lady."

Yup !! it was that films equivalent of the "Luke I am your Father" moment.

Even though an excellent plot and time travel wasn't even the main plot anchor.

• 4 weeks later...