Nice! Although they made a typo, if its 16ft long, its not 1/350. I have the 1/350 Bandai kit (not built of course!) but I would guess its around 30-36 inches when finished.

Nice! Although they made a typo, if its 16ft long, its not 1/350. I have the 1/350 Bandai kit (not built of course!) but I would guess its around 30-36 inches when finished.

:lol: i knew something didnt seem right about that scale...haaa. I wonder what scale it really is?... regardless The Yamato is a worthy ship to have a 16ft scale model.

Got my vol. 2 blu-ray today and just finished watching it. Words just can't describe how awesome it was. I really liked episode 4 with the discovery of the yukikaze.

I REALLY want a model of the Cosmo Falcon and the upated Zero now too!!

Chris

Starblazers.com has updated their page for August/September.

I'm sure there's gonna be plenty of good stuff to read. :)

http://www.starblazers.com/home.php

NICE.

I'm definately going to have to dig thru that.

Can we assume Starblazers doesn't have the U.S. licensing issues that Macross has? Meaning is there a decent chance 2199 could released outside of Japan?

Took 9 hours, but look what I built up:

post-4560-0-84087800-1343890420_thumb.jpg

I only sanded the sprue marks, light sanded the hull to give it a consistent looking finish, and used a gundam marker (GM02) on the panel lines, but it turned out nice I think. :)

My thoughts on the kit:

1. VERY fine AA gun barrels, they're unbelievably detailed, but FRAGILE.

2. The amount of surface detail by scale blows away the 1/500, seriously.

3. It's TINY. I really wasn't expecting it to be as small as it was, not much bigger than my 1/60 Low Vis VF-1S.

4. There's a lot of tiny, fiddly parts that can be really annoying, at least in my opinion. Tweezers are a must.

5. I swear, I think they designed the sprue trees for some of the tiny parts to challenge you not to either snap them or bend them too much causing stress marks. It can be done, of course, but you need to really be careful.

Can we assume Starblazers doesn't have the U.S. licensing issues that Macross has? Meaning is there a decent chance 2199 could released outside of Japan?

NOTHING has licensing issues like Macross has... There is at least the possability of a deal, it will probably depend a lot on how Resurrection does stateside.

Thanks Kyp!

Man, I thought my 1/350 was going to be the ultimate... but this little 1/1000 is gettin' harder and harder to resist!

(this little guy seems almost doable... whereas the 1/350 is like a retirement project for me!)

Edited by wm cheng

Just watched episode 3 again...this time on my big screen. The wave motion gun firing is just incredible! Especially with the sound up. Just gives me goose-bumps ever time I see it! I love how there is a delay in the sound when it is fired......thetriger is pulled there's the screeching noise, then silence as the light flashes and weapon fires. Then boom! God do I love this production! :D

Thanks for the reminder about the Starblazers update too. There are some really nice models shown there though a few of them are customs. Really looking forward to the next 1/1000 kits that are shown. Hope they make them all.

Chris

I'm really itching to see the next four episodes. I wish it was in my budget to buy the discs :(

PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEASE release this stuff stateside...

This was posted on another forum I frequent. Don't know what the text says but the original post said he thinks it will be a set of all three,with a release in Oct as Westfall said. Personally, I hope the Kirishima is a separate kit with the cruiser and destroyers being bundled.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=415500558496407&set=a.167813033265162.36716.163366130376519&type=1&theater

They look really nice though. :)

Chris

Did you guys see this shot at the Starblazers website? I hope they go ALL OUT with this 1/1000 scale.

Yeah they're tiny but look VERY detailed and seem affordable. :)

post-31-0-82366600-1344014887_thumb.jpg

16 FOOT 1/350 SCALE YAMATO..... :o

http://kotaku.com/59...esome/gallery/1

So.... you missed it in the picture I posted previously? Could you have been...distracted by something by any chance? ;-)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35927&view=findpost&p=987012

Yes, release them! i will totally support this.... but not at $50 an episode.

Until then i will enjoy the high-quality subtitled torrents.

Uhm, its not $50 an episode. Not even close. Disc 2 has 4 episodes at (going by amazon.jp) 6000yen (closer to 5000 yen if you preordered). Thats 1500yen per episode (or approx. 1250yen per episode if you preordered).

Naturally theres postage on top of that, but really, spread out at one disc every 3 months or so, given the quality and episode count, I find it difficult to sympathise with anyone who wants to complain about the price - especially as a Macross fan who has gotten screwed over with much higher prices for less content (with no subs and not in HD) for decades.

As far as a US release is concerned, my take on the issue is not that there are licensing issues, but rather the fact that SF is out of vogue at the moment in the West, especially among Western anime fandom at large. Then theres the fact that Yamato is largely unknown - to tap into the sort of nostalgia that would drive enough sales to make the show profitable it would need to be renamed Starblazers - this could run into licensing issues, objections from the licensees/licensors/fanbase, etc.

Regardless, even if a US release WAS on the cards, I highly doubt we can expect an announcement until after the entire series has been released in Japan (due to both fear of reverse importation and the fact that the only viable business model in the US would require a box set).

to tap into the sort of nostalgia that would drive enough sales to make the show profitable it would need to be renamed Starblazers - this could run into licensing issues, objections from the licensees/licensors/fanbase, etc.

Most US Star Blazers fans I've talked with don't really give a rip what it is called, the changes made to the show to create Star Blazers were so minor it did not impact on the story or characters. The biggest problem is getting SB fans to know that 2199 is available in the states - most of them appear to not be anime fans in general.

So.... you missed it in the picture I posted previously? Could you have been...distracted by something by any chance? ;-)

http://www.macrosswo...ndpost&p=987012

Uhm, its not $50 an episode. Not even close. Disc 2 has 4 episodes at (going by amazon.jp) 6000yen (closer to 5000 yen if you preordered). Thats 1500yen per episode (or approx. 1250yen per episode if you preordered).

Naturally theres postage on top of that, but really, spread out at one disc every 3 months or so, given the quality and episode count, I find it difficult to sympathise with anyone who wants to complain about the price - especially as a Macross fan who has gotten screwed over with much higher prices for less content (with no subs and not in HD) for decades.

As far as a US release is concerned, my take on the issue is not that there are licensing issues, but rather the fact that SF is out of vogue at the moment in the West, especially among Western anime fandom at large. Then theres the fact that Yamato is largely unknown - to tap into the sort of nostalgia that would drive enough sales to make the show profitable it would need to be renamed Starblazers - this could run into licensing issues, objections from the licensees/licensors/fanbase, etc.

Regardless, even if a US release WAS on the cards, I highly doubt we can expect an announcement until after the entire series has been released in Japan (due to both fear of reverse importation and the fact that the only viable business model in the US would require a box set).

oh... never saw it. Jumped in the thread late & never went all the way back. Apologies.

And i based the statement according to Amazon, they have the vol 1 blu ray for $106. But it's stated it only has the first 2 eps.

http://www.amazon.co...rds=yamato+2199

But if that's incorrect then AWESOME! I never dealt with Amazon jp. Regardless, if they see a US release i will support it. But only as a season boxset. Just like i bought the StarBlazers boxsets. I always hated only 3 or 4 eps on a disc. I can wait. When they want my US money, they'll get it. In the meantime, i'm grateful for the high-quality fan subbed torrents that are FREE, especially since my geographic market isn't even considered in the creation of these. I feel the same way about Macross. I have the entire library of everything Macross and got it all for free. I only bought the latest BD due to the region free PS3 game. When Big West & HG work out there differences & want my money i will totally support financially.

> And i based the statement according to Amazon, they have the vol 1 blu ray for $106. But it's stated it only has the first 2 eps.

Later disks have 4 episodes rather then 2, so $25 an ep rather then 50. Still a bit steep but not totally out of the park...

Compared to Harmony Gold and Macross, does the IP holders of Star Blazers have the same hang-ups with Yamato? Why would they NOT want to be involved in selling Yamato 2199 stateside? (or as it seems more appropiate based on popularity, stream it on Netflix?)

> And i based the statement according to Amazon, they have the vol 1 blu ray for $106. But it's stated it only has the first 2 eps.

Later disks have 4 episodes rather then 2, so $25 an ep rather then 50. Still a bit steep but not totally out of the park...

Eh, I guess you're right, but how's about we do 2 episodes per disc for $50, so as to spread out the damage? Lol I just have to nitpick...

Eh, I guess you're right, but how's about we do 2 episodes per disc for $50, so as to spread out the damage? Lol I just have to nitpick...

FYI they are releasing these AS they are made. And of course, only 2 eps on the first disc allowed them to bring it out at a cheaper price than subsequent ones AND split all the remaining episodes cleanly between 4 eps per disc. When the first disc came out they were all that had been made.

FYI they are releasing these AS they are made. And of course, only 2 eps on the first disc allowed them to bring it out at a cheaper price than subsequent ones AND split all the remaining episodes cleanly between 4 eps per disc. When the first disc came out they were all that had been made.

Understood!

Actually wait a minute. Is $25 an episode for anime generally an accepted price? You'll have to excuse my ignorance because I'm way out of touch on this stuff. I remember spending $30 for every two episodes of 'EVA on VHS back in the day...

Actually wait a minute. Is $25 an episode for anime generally an accepted price? You'll have to excuse my ignorance because I'm way out of touch on this stuff. I remember spending $30 for every two episodes of 'EVA on VHS back in the day...

No idea, it is beyond the price I would normally pay but it is Yamato...

Just watched the second disc, just plain excellent. All the changes are for the better (Jupiter doesn't just take them by surprise as they fly by, no snow on Mars, Relfex gun has a reason for being there, the Gamilas troops on Mars are actually fleshed out a bit - at least the commander - and are more then just martinets now, the Yuki/Kodai relationship is a bit different). The redone design of the cosmo tigers is great too, the originals were pretty bland but these new ones have excellent detail.

Hmmmmm. Is the PV for BD #3 already out? I see it playing in the background...but it's not around the internets. :(

It also looks like Bandai's gonna release some of the fighters in a 1/72 or 1/100 scale. :)