Yamato 1/60 VF-5000G

valk1j

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a VF-5000G

• Yes
    • No
    • I want a VF-5000B

If it does it like the Fz-109 then part of the neck should cover up the face. Unless it's like that in the game. I never noticed.

Based on the drawings in the Macross Design Works book, the face plate looks entirely visible and not covered up like the FZ-109.

edit:

View showing underside from M3

Edited by MacrossJunkie

According to the line art, I think the face is as covered as the Fz-109’s one…

Hmmm, I dunno. Are we looking at the same thing?

The Fz-109 has a whole separate piece that folds up and covers the entire faceplate and just leaves the forehead showing wihch shows no more than the SV-51 would.

The VF-14, at most depending on how you'd interpret the thickness of the lines where the visor is in sketch, either has the visor showing or the forehead folds down a bit to cover the visor, but the mouthpiece or whatever you call it still remains visible.

The head just simply slides up into place into the front of the fuselage to form the nose. Granted, it's not a human looking face to begin with so I suppose it could look like anything at that point. I did say it was a nitpick :p

In any case, I think the VF-5000 in some form or another, while unlikely, is still more likely to be made than a VF-14 so it is probably a moot point anyway.

[...]

In any case, I think the VF-5000 in some form or another, while unlikely, is still more likely to be made than a VF-14 so it is probably a moot point anyway.

I wouldn't mind to see an Fz-109 & co. to complete the M7 franchise, though I have to say it has the most hideous gerwalk mode…

I don't think it's ever happening anyway…

Edited by Reïvaj

• 2 weeks later...

If you're going to do the VF-5000B, you can't forget the two underwing weapons pods that This is Animation: Macross Plus Movie Edition depicted it with.

The M3 version of the VF-14 is a much nicer design then the Blackbird one, but both are interesting. I still need to work out profile side views for them, they're on my list (along with an accurate VF-5000 since the one in TIA is....inaccurate, to say the least).

post-5201-0-91767400-1319002791_thumb.jpg

Add me to the "I'd love one, but prefer to see the VF-4 first" group. The VF-4 will always be at the top of my list until it finally gets made.

As for the two versions of the VF-5000 in question, I'd honestly like to see both. I've no problems with variants. I'd also love a VF-14. I'm always up for more variety in terms of Macross toys. Like someone else pointed out the vast majority of Macross toys are the VF-1, the YF-19 or designs similar to those (Like the VF-25). I love when we finally get different looking toys, like the Konig Monster and the VF-22. It doesn't happen nearly enough, in my humble opinion.

But the VF-5000 is so derivative of the VF-1, and it's not all that cool looking. If we're going to get another VF-1-esque design, at least do something cooler looking like the VF-3000. I really love that design.

that said I think that's even more reason to do a VF-4 or VF-14, there both good looking designs that are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from anything we've ever gotten. For that matter I'd much rather get a VF-9 than a 5000. It's not my favorite design esthetically, but It's an interesting little jet with a very intricate transformation that would be impressive to see in a physical toy

Edited by anime52k8

meh, nearly all of the valks are either variations on the vf-1 or the sv-51

vf-1, vf-11, vf-5000, vf-22, all have clam shell design

sv-51, vf-19, vf-25,27,29 have the Z fold.

Maybe, but within the Z fold group I'd say the sv-51 is a derivative of the vf-19 and not the other way round -I mean design wise, of course.

meh, nearly all of the valks are either variations on the vf-1 or the sv-51

vf-1, vf-11, vf-5000, vf-22, all have clam shell design

sv-51, vf-19, vf-25,27,29 have the Z fold.

Honestly the VF-11's transformation is more of a Z fold like the VF-25. it's still the nose of the jet folding down, then the LERX's acting as swing bars to move the torso up and over then the backpack/wings folding down. the only difference is the VF-11 puts the nose hinge behind the cockpit instead of in front of it (pluse a few extra hinges on the VF-25's part).

Ehh, if it comes to 5000 vs 3000, I vote for the 3000. That is one bad-ass valk. (and has a more unique transformation)

thank you, someone understands. ^_^

Edited by anime52k8

But the VF-5000 is so derivative of the VF-1, and it's not all that cool looking. If we're going to get another VF-1-esque design, at least do something cooler looking like the VF-3000. I really love that design.

Yes, bring on the VF-3000 it's my favorite valk!!!

I'll buy you one if Yamato makes it!!!!

Honestly the VF-11's transformation is more of a Z fold like the VF-25. it's still the nose of the jet folding down, then the LERX's acting as swing bars to move the torso up and over then the backpack/wings folding down. the only difference is the VF-11 puts the nose hinge behind the cockpit instead of in front of it (pluse a few extra hinges on the VF-25's part).

Not really, no. The vf-11 still folds in half but instead of the fuselage sliding in under the chest plate, the chest plate folds underneath it. The only other notable difference is that the arms swing out from on top of the fighter instead of from underneath.

But whether or not you agree, my point still stands. The vast majority of valkyries fall into one of those two families. There's precious few designs that really deviate from them.

I'm talking more about aesthetic difference than how they transform. The VF-4, VF-22, VF-17, VA-3, VF-14 all look very different from the 19 and the VF-1, not to mention different from each other, even if they all share basic transformation similarities from the two main groups.

Personally, even tho it's certainly not sleek and sexy, the VA-3 would be second on my "want" list behind the VF-4 simply because it's so different. It's ugly, but in the kind of way that the A-10 Warthog or the Millenium Falcon are ugly.

VA3fighter.gif

VA3soldier.gif

A VF-3000 would be awesome, too. I agree, more interesting than the VF-5000 in any of its variations.