STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

Micro Galaxy Squadron, eh?  Apart from the Falcon, those look pretty good. :good:

Being Target exclusives, we're unlikely to see them distributed outside of North America. 😐

Honestly, I have the earlier release of the Falcon, and I can't even say it's that bad.  Not as accurate as a kit, but it's roughly the same size as the Bandai 1/144, and a really good swooshable toy.  I wouldn't pay full price, but Amazon has it for $25, and I bit at that price.

I will absolutely grab at least two or three copies of that shuttle though.  Cannot wait for that one. ^_^ Any release dates mentioned?

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Honestly, I have the earlier release of the Falcon, and I can't even say it's that bad.  Not as accurate as a kit, but it's roughly the same size as the Bandai 1/144, and a really good swooshable toy.  I wouldn't pay full price, but Amazon has it for $25, and I bit at that price.

I will absolutely grab at least two or three copies of that shuttle though.  Cannot wait for that one. ^_^ Any release dates mentioned?

All 4 get listed for preorder today.  The Imperial Shuttle is an Amazon Exclusive.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Put in an order for two, but sheesh, release in October feels really far off. :lol: 

Yeah.  Ordered the AT-ATs from Target at 12:57 AM.  Releases in July.  Ordered the Imperial Shuttles from Amazon at 9:00 AM.  Releases in October.

• 4 weeks later...

This has got to be the laziest repurposing Hasbro has ever attempted:

star-wars-the-vintage-collection-clone-c

Same figure, same accessories, same paint scheme...

badbatchcloneballast.webp

...same packaging design, same logo, same picture, even!

They're just claiming it's a different character now. 🙄

Yeah, that's some next level half-dimensional chess marketing gimmick there. :lol:   I can see the board meeting.

"So.. we made all of these clone figures, right?"
".... Yes..."
"... Meaning, they're all identical... right?"
"......."
"I need three people for a name brainstorming committee.  I want ten viable names for every figure we produce."

In fairness, one was part of an Amazon exclusive (Bad Batch 4 pack. . . featuring NONE of the Bad Batch).

But it is the same damn character. . . just with the “correct” name (or the name they actually went with in the actual show that aired).

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

TVC ROTJ Speeder Bike and Scout Trooper on sale for $29.39.

Thanks!  That's definitely a reasonable price, and Amazon's got great international shipping rates. :good:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2023 at 7:01 PM, sh9000 said:

63E41DEE-A68A-48AA-AD43-CF214D10E68F.jpeg.89282e2777d8f997d52aa242b83b0b37.jpeg

719A6A28-8E83-419D-8278-7CF33C754124.jpeg.3694ca5d74d06f92dc798f08784fd794.jpeg

630D047A-F064-4D65-8B84-6A5E93C47D73.jpeg.d1cecb9433dd39b3df151867a337c7b7.jpeg

SDCC Micro Galaxy Squadron Exclusives.

I can't be the only person actually pissed that they didn't even bother to make an actual ROTJ A-wing.  That's just stupid lazy.

Late edit:
It just hit me what they're trying to do with the paintschemes.  If you're going to paint things like a poster image lit from a specific direction, wouldn't it make more sense to make your promo photos from that direction so people can see what it's supposed to look like? :rolleyes: 

Edited by Chronocidal

So this surprised me, probably just because I missed it during earlier Wonderfest clips about the Trek kits.

Seems like they're re-releasing some super old kits with no changes (original Naboo Fighter, and what looks like their ancient 1983 snap-fit B-Wing), but also making a couple of new things.

Why they aren't doing an X-Wing first is anyone's guess, but I hope they get around to making something that can actually compete with Bandai's molding.  This Tie looks good built up, but the close-ups bring back memories of the mushy molding on the old AMT kits.  It's not terrible, just not nearly as crisp as Bandai's molding got it.

Also in the TVC line, new Revan figure with much better articulation available for preorder tomorrow.

Imperial Officer 4-Pack, I think available for preorder.

Pre Vizla (not sure if the head allows you decapitate him) 🤪

And Dooku is in the pipeline.