Macross Chronicle 1/60 VF-X now available at HLJ.

takatoys

Pre-ordered the VF-X and the Angelbird. I don't know why I ordered the Angelbird though, considering I never gave the 1/48 a chance. LOL

The 1/60 angel bird looks alot better than the 1/48 version. I love the thing although I left it in plane mode.

The chest is better looking because they changed the look of the stripes and they changed the blue color to a deeper blue.

I personally never liked the 1/48 version, but the 1/60 stole my heart.

Edited by Loop

The 1/60 angel bird looks alot better than the 1/48 version. I love the thing although I left it in plane mode.

The chest is better looking because they changed the look of the stripes and they changed the blue color to a deeper blue.

Cool - good to know. :)

Yes, it changes everything on the 1/60 with a little changes in color and stripes. I think it's ok to say that Yamato got the inspiration from Hasegawa when they are doing the V2 1/60 AB.

6608-211-thickbox.jpg6968-1598-thickbox.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, man! Sucker for grey, sucker for grey. I wanna order another set of these, but I just got my @ss handed to me from paying for the 19 Kai. Time to sell more stuff on ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received an email from HKCollectibles, VF-X finally in stock, hurrah!

Just have to wait for the final invoice......

Got my invoice this morning from my HK seller as well. Good start to the day.

Really tempted by the Angel Birds version now. Paranoid about missing out and finding it tricky to come by a few months down the line for anything but a highly inflated price.

just got an email from Locus ^_^

btw, they still have 7 of the VF-X and 5 of the AB if anybody is interested. HK$860 and HK$880 respectively. that's weird though coz the yen SRP of the VF-X is 1000JPY more than the AB :blink:

although these VFs from the HK seller will probably only ship out by Tuesday next week since Locus mentioned that Monday is a public holiday for them.

although these VFs from the HK seller will probably only ship out by Tuesday next week since Locus mentioned that Monday is a public holiday for them.

Did they? I didn't catch that in my e-mail. I'm glad they sent an e-mail. I'd forgot all about pre-ordering these things.

I was about to post that update, this makes me a bit nervous...

I'm not. If I can't get it from HLJ eventually, I'll find it somewhere else at the same cost more or less. Why worry when In every staring competition with the bad economy, Yamato has always blinked. In fact, since the 1/48 TV Max, every unsold weathered valk exclusives offered in HLJ in between and now the VFX and AB, Yamato's eyes are practically spasming! :lol:

just got an email from Locus ^_^

btw, they still have 7 of the VF-X and 5 of the AB if anybody is interested. HK$860 and HK$880 respectively. that's weird though coz the yen SRP of the VF-X is 1000JPY more than the AB :blink:

It already arrived last Saturday! In Hong Kong shops, I mean.

It already arrived last Saturday! In Hong Kong shops, I mean.

yeah, i kinda figured out that new stuff always gets there either on Friday or Saturday... i just got it online and had it shipped to my friend so he wouldn't have to look for it... plus local s/h is free, just like you told me... :)

My VF-X and Angel Bird shipped Saturday and arrived today. Man, I REALLY love how the Angle Bird looks in fighter mode. The blue is a nice deep, dark color and it goes well with the red. Looks fantastic. I was interested in the relatively low-vis looking VF-X as well just because it's a more muted tone but so far I'm not nearly as excited about it as I am the Angle Bird.

sorry... misread the word "discontinued"... :p

i am glad than I got one of these... and very thankful to Yamato for doing a non-exclusive, albeit very limited second run for the 1/60 VF-X. i would've never had the chance to own one otherwise since i don't buy any exclusives with inflated prices.

for those still on the fence, there are still 6 available from where I got mine - http://www.locushk.com/index.php?sp=&p=6&cat2=1339&cat1=155&cat0=24&id=3985&cat1=155&cat0=24&new=&more=〈=en

Edited by m0n5t3r

i am glad than I got one of these... and very thankful to Yamato for doing a non-exclusive, albeit very limited second run for the 1/60 VF-X. i would've never had the chance to own one otherwise since i don't buy any exclusives with inflated prices.

It's still an exclusive -- apparently Yamato are bending the rules for the overseas fans and allowing HLJ to distribute it outside Japan. The same deal with the web-exclusive 1/3000 kit-version of the SDF-1. People IN Japan still can't get any of these unless they buy from resellers.

too bad for Japan residents but pretty good for the rest of us. I remember I saw one at Mandarake, Nakano for around 15k JPY a couple of months ago... good thing i didn't get it.

the VF-X and AB 2nd run is similar to the re-issue of the TV CF, Max and Kaki (w/ new crotch and clear canopy). i was told that these were to be sold though Yamato's website and for Japan residents only when it was first released... after a few months it was available from HLJ (and on sale!) and from HK shops.

the VF-X is still relatively more expensive compared to how much I got most of my v.2 VF-1s, but then again, this was a Macross Chronicle exclusive when it first came out, so I'm not compaining.

It's still an exclusive -- apparently Yamato are bending the rules for the overseas fans and allowing HLJ to distribute it outside Japan. The same deal with the web-exclusive 1/3000 kit-version of the SDF-1. People IN Japan still can't get any of these unless they buy from resellers.

You meant the ones in Japan (without an internet connection) buy from resellers, right? The Yamato's bending of rules is BS, no offense. This is more like acquiescing to the fact that their exclusivity compounded by another stupid hassle that can only be acquire via web, and that too is only if you have a japanese address is undersubscribed. This exclusivity is only in name unless collectors thinks so and trip over themselves to buy them upon announcement. But that didn't happen, did it?