Live Action Star Blazers? (not Yamato)

Dynaman

Yeah? Well, his first project was: Flyboys.

I would agree, but then there is always the story of the director of Piranha and his next film... Not to mention the fact that I thought flyboys was a decent film, and True Grit looks to be one of the rare remakes that is as good as the original.

I thought Christopher McQuarrie was penning the Yamato script? The guy is a good writer. The Usual Suspects. Valkyrie. Way of the Gun. The 2012 Darren Aronofsky Wolverine film...

I'll give it a chance.

Depends on whether they decide to do away with the original idea of having based the ship around the USS Arizona or not, as it was originally pitched over a decade ago(yes, it has been that long).

Depends on whether they decide to do away with the original idea of having based the ship around the USS Arizona or not, as it was originally pitched over a decade ago(yes, it has been that long).

No, that was longer than a decade ago. It was back when Geena Davis was going to be the bad guy in the live action Sailor Moon movie.

I and saw Steven Tyler on the Howard Stern show saying he did the theme song to Yamato in Japan & he couldn't say the name right. If he had to say...I don't know...Starblazers...Would he be tripping on his words?..I don't know..

Y'know Hollywood, they don't create; they recycle....

I really don't mind if Hollywood does Starblazers. If they can redo Battlestar Galactica, they can redo Starblazers. It's not as if Starblazers is sacred - it was already an Americanized edit job. Besides, chances are, the movie is going to end up being so vastly different from the Starblazers cartoon series or for that matter Uchuu Senkan Yamato, it'll likely be considered a whole different thing (like the Transformers movies).

I'll give it a chance so long as Michael Bay doesn't come near this movie. :lol:

this may not be so bad but knowing hollywood they will turn the original story upside down and re-"americanize it" You can tell by the drawings that the iconic ship has already been re - worked sans the Wave motion gun which was a major piece of the story that moved the entire plot along!

Say I say NO

You can tell by the drawings that the iconic ship has already been re - worked sans the Wave motion gun which was a major piece of the story that moved the entire plot along!

[edit] - looked again, although there are pictures I think they are just something they stuffed in the article, some editor thought they were both Star Blazers...

What drawings? The article I posted had no drawings, it's total pie in the sky at the moment to begin with.

Edited by Dynaman