What's on your nightstand?

Ghost Train

- An alarm clock.

- Mr Projarchin (F. Dostoievsky).

- El escritor y sus fantasmas (Ernesto Sabato).

- 1984 (George Orwell).

- Rayuela (Julio Cortázar).

- A bible.

- HG GINN (from Seed Destiny)

Not that I read all those books at the same time, currently I´m reading the first two, the rest are just for re-reads.

Fun thread!

A really expensive BiPAP machine. I have sleep apnea...

my mother's BF/hubby has the same issue. he got his machine via the OREGON HEALTH PLAN.

it would have surely been way beyond his means otherwise.

at any rate, another couple of days and i'll have that "SPYCATCHER" finished.

then it'll be on to "MOSCOW RULES" by Daniel Silva...

Here's what's currently on my nightstand:

- "Falling in Love with Holy Mass" by Father Boguslav Nadolski

- "Guide for those who feel disuaded" by Father Tomasz Pawłowski (no, I don't feel disuaded, but it's part of my First Communion for adults prep class)

- "Strength Training: Muscle Mechanics" by Everett Aaberg (I don't know if this is the original title, because mine is the Polish translation. This is a book about muscle pyshiology, with bits on skeletal and organic biology as well)

- "More than Body Building 2" by Pavel Tstatsouline (former trainer of Russian secret service agents)

I just finished Poland's second place Body Building champion's Tomasz Brzuska's book "Fitness for Men" (still need to watch the CD) and keep the book handy because it has lots of good photographs with descriptions of proper form/breathing techniques for exercises. I also fnished a number of books about the eucharist (once again for FC prep).

Finally, I have Ayn Rand's Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged on my book shelf - waiting for my girlfriend to read them, as well as the third book of the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.

There's also some book about some kid in Africa that I got for Christmas and still haven't read, a book about the philosophical history of European fairy tails I haven't read and two books about Catholicism and sex which I read, tried to return to the person I borrowed them from, but I guess I can keep them - so there you go...

Finally - all six Star Wars movies - at the behest of my star wars loving new girlfriend...

Pete

Finally, I have Ayn Rand's Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged on my book shelf - waiting for my girlfriend to read them, as well as the third book of the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.

I read both the Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged almost 12 years ago now, and loved it back then (was 18), but a subsequent reread a few years ago packed much less of a punch for me - in fact, I felt that the "harsh" situations Rand's heroes & heroines found themselves in were rather contrived in both books. I hope to read Anthem one day though.

I read both the Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged almost 12 years ago now, and loved it back then (was 18), but a subsequent reread a few years ago packed much less of a punch for me - in fact, I felt that the "harsh" situations Rand's heroes & heroines found themselves in were rather contrived in both books. I hope to read Anthem one day though.

Anthem is just the readers digest version of those two books. There's nothing new there, just a rehash of the same angry adolescent philosophy.

Glock 21, single book/trilogy anthology of the Lord of the Rings, Runciman's History of the Crusades (vol 1 and 2, my vol 3 got jacked up by a friend <_< ), and Niven & Pournelle's Footfall along with the Aenid. I really need to put them back in my office cause I don't read there much anymore.