Yamato 1/60 VF-X

Graham

Max and Millia's wedding ep. (Virgin Road), he uses them to disable the battle pods when she says she doesn't want to kill any more.

After that just about the rest of the fight scene for the ep., every shot is using them too.

Those are technically animation errors. The episode was outsourced to Korea and they read the storyboards wrong.

Those are technically animation errors. The episode was outsourced to Korea and they read the storyboards wrong.

I didn't say it was canon.

All I did was give him a scene where it was done which would make someone who didn't know the truth think otherwise.

I know they are not "lasers" and have known for quite some time.

Excellent color scheme. I just wish they had made indentations for the vents and not just paint applications.

Battroid pics?? Anyone??? :rolleyes:

well, the VF-X basically is completely different from VF-1. Making indentations on existing mold and tooling cost more, they might as well completely redo the new 100% non-tranforming fighther. That is not in their book though.

Again, VF-X was not meant to be transformed in the first place.

It's gonna look funny if this thing really transform..... :mellow:

DSC03170.jpg

DSC03171.jpg

DSC03172.jpg

DSC03173.jpg

I don't want to transform it yet, in case I rub off any paint. I like the paint job!

post-10384-129138910162_thumb.jpgpost-10384-129138910227_thumb.jpgpost-10384-129138910293_thumb.jpgpost-10384-129138910116_thumb.jpg

dude when I looked at your picture I realize that you have the same problem as mine, the belly plate just don't sit flush.

I realize that both arms have to be pushed all the way forward. The shoulder hinge has to be 90 degree with the upper arm before you swing it back to its position in fighter mode. Most V2 come straight from factory in fighter mode didn't have the arms all the way in.

Once you get the arms in right position, it will sit flush.

DSC03182.jpg

dude when I looked at your picture I realize that you have the same problem as mine, the belly plate just don't sit flush.

I realize that both arms have to be pushed all the way forward. The shoulder hinge has to be 90 degree with the upper arm before you swing it back to its position in fighter mode. Most V2 come straight from factory in fighter mode didn't have the arms all the way in.

DSC03182.jpg

Thanks for the tip! It would be a pain in the behind if the VF-X has a real flaw like that. :)

well, the VF-X basically is completely different from VF-1. Making indentations on existing mold and tooling cost more, they might as well completely redo the new 100% non-tranforming fighther. That is not in their book though.

Again, VF-X was not meant to be transformed in the first place.

At some point during the VF-1's developmental career, shouldn't there have been a transformable prototype? One would think so. Yet I don't recall seeing any line-art for one.

Maybe they just tossed it into production and hoped it all worked out in the end. ;)

At some point during the VF-1's developmental career, shouldn't there have been a transformable prototype? One would think so. Yet I don't recall seeing any line-art for one.

Maybe they just tossed it into production and hoped it all worked out in the end. ;)

I don't think any exists per se, but it does exist - in print.

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/VF-1

VF-X: Non-transformable variable-wing flight test version.

VF-X-1: Transformable prototype developmental version.

DSC03182.jpg

Thanks for the tip, I was wondering why it would not flush :)