Pretty tense... I would say I hated it because barely anything happened but it was so tense, I was exhausted just from watching it.

I think the next ep will stretch out Rick's consideration of giving up Michonne and the fight will start towards the end. aybe a few zombie kills here and there.

Not the most exciting episode...plus couldn't hear the dialogue towards the end with the annoying music track playing.....

Not sure how this whole battle against the Governor plays out in the comic book...but on TV....I can totally see him being killed by his own men to avoid anymore bloodshed.......

Feels that way, but maybe they'll surprise us with a Battle Royale next week.

I just know they're going to stretch out the final confrontation until the very last episode of the season.

From what I read AMC wanted to stretch the Prison story arc into next season while Glen Mazzara wanted to move forward. At least that in part is the reason why he won't be writing season 4.

I have no problem with them staying in the prison, as long as they resolve the governor arc this season. They barely spend any time in there anyway. Of course as long as the story is good. Which it has been. I actually liked the flow better than when Darabont was running it. They really need to get rid of the "god you're dumb moments", i.e. Rick drinking whishkey and Glenn and Maggie.

I have no problem with them staying in the prison, as long as they resolve the governor arc this season. They barely spend any time in there anyway. Of course as long as the story is good. Which it has been. I actually liked the flow better than when Darabont was running it. They really need to get rid of the "god you're dumb moments", i.e. Rick drinking whishkey and Glenn and Maggie.

Agreed...the Governor arc could have been resolved with a bullet in his remaining eye!.....but I guess that would have been too easy....

Edited by jvmacross

IMO it goes beyond "god you'e dumb." I mean, it's been implied that both Rick and the Governor know that one of them has to fall, and they each had the opportunity to make that happen during their meet-up, yet no one bothers to see that through. Rick had him at the end of his Colt for quite a few minutes, and the Governor had Rick drunk and distracted later on. We could just as easily say the're prolonging the story just for the sake of prolonging it...

Yeah... I kept yelling "there! shoot him now!" I'm just glad it wasn't predictable. I thought Rick was gonna get drugged and then it's back to torture/rescue scene. And Glenn and Maggie didn't get caught off guard. That would have been a good scen if it didn't end like that. I liked Maggie's "I'm always with you." statement. I don't know if some of these writers think they're being smart by stretching out story lines, but they can use the time more efficiently if they just cut to other characters, like the scene between Herchel and Milton was great. And the zombie-off between Darryl and Ceasar was cool, but I never saw that dude as anywhere as good as Darryl before, maybe he just never stood out.

Rick had a Colt on the Governor while he had what looked like a Glock taped to the table, so either one at some point could have made a move. Say what you want about this comment but maybe one of the episodes points was to illustrate that no matter the hate, wanting of revenge or just plain his guy is a Dick and needs to go, simply walking up to someone & pulling the trigger is harder than one might think.

I too enjoyed the scenes with Herchel and Milton as well Darryl and Ceasar, interesting to see them talk to one another as just normal people if even for just a few minutes. From the look of next weeks previews I think the black couple who ended up at Woodbury will be picking a side that does not include the Governor... but then again.

It's funny but if you watch the Talking Dead everyone says the same thing. "Why doesn't Rick just shoot him?" And the host's answer is the answer everyone has in their mind... "There's still 3 episodes why would he shoot him?"

This week's ep. is still more of prolonging the storyline on the Woodbury side of things. It's interesting to see how Tyrese's crew is holding up in the Governor's camp. I wonder how well the Woodbury's wall would stand up to a giant herd of walkers?

Also it's great to see Milton showing some backbone.

It's funny but if you watch the Talking Dead everyone says the same thing. "Why doesn't Rick just shoot him?" And the host's answer is the answer everyone has in their mind... "There's still 3 episodes why would he shoot him?"

This week's ep. is still more of prolonging the storyline on the Woodbury side of things. It's interesting to see how Tyrese's crew is holding up in the Governor's camp. I wonder how well the Woodbury's wall would stand up to a giant herd of walkers?

Also it's great to see Milton showing some backbone.

I think Milton will have his moment and as far as Woodbury's wall, they said the Titanic couldn't sink but....

As for Andrea is she bait for the Ricks team now or is the Governor going to test his psycho skills on her?

Does anyone else think the Governor may be bit?

I find it hard to believe he escaped the last episode unscathed...

Eh, I'm thinking if they had just sacked up and hashed this out

they could have taken them all out, including the governor, if Rick and the rest had joined Merle in the attack.

That's the problem though... Rick thinks it out too much and he ends up being wishy washy. Daryll won't really speak his mind, nor does Herschel. Now that may have been a brilliant plan by Merle, but the way he was acting right before he left, I don't think anyone would have listened to anything he said. Merle knew exactly how the Governor works and how many men were capable of going up against Ricks group. Rick clearly over estimates the Governor and the Governor knows it.

Also, that Governor is one lucky SOB. Even with a solid plan, if someone in Rick's group messes up, then they may end up with another member as a prisoner in Woodbury.

Lol... it's funny because it all seems so easy, but I watch enough Survivor to know that a group that doesn't have it together has a really good chance of screwing up a good thing. All you need is one Yoko in your Beatles camp.

Norman Reedus, television actor of the YEAR.

Anyone notice the continuity error with the car? It had different wheels in a couple of shots, lol...

Edited by myk

Norman Reedus, television actor of the YEAR.

Anyone notice the continuity error with the car? It had different wheels in a couple of shots, lol...

Yep I noticed the rims went from Pimp to Ghetto back to pimp!! :p

Daryl will be out for revenge no matter what now. The other questions are what happens to Andrea, will Milton step up for reals and the Black couple, will they turn again the finger biting off Governor?

Yep I noticed the rims went from Pimp to Ghetto back to pimp!! :p

Daryl will be out for revenge no matter what now. The other questions are what happens to Andrea, will Milton step up for reals and the Black couple, will they turn again the finger biting off Governor?

I was kinda thinking Daryl would turn on Rick...

Seems like they'll have Andrea do what Michonne did in the comic. Or she may just kill him to abbreviate it. I won't at all be surprised to see the Governor in season 4, though.

Edited by Uxi

Seems like they'll have Andrea do what Michonne did in the comic. Or she may just kill him to abbreviate it. I won't at all be surprised to see the Governor in season 4, though.

I've been one of the more staunch supporters of the t.v. series since the "contraversy" of season 2.1, but if the Governor makes it into season 4 I'll throw my t.v. out the damn window...

I half expect him to make it into season 4, but not far into it. Wouldn't be too surprised if season 3 ends on a Governor cliff-hanger.

And I'm thinking the engagement of Glenn and Maggie is the kiss of death for one of them...

I agree with Myk... killing him in the middle of the next season will be anti climactic... killing him at the end of next season is just dragging it out.

Remember what happened to Heroes Season 2 when they let Sylar live... snoresville.

I agree with Myk... killing him in the middle of the next season will be anti climactic... killing him at the end of next season is just dragging it out.

Remember what happened to Heroes Season 2 when they let Sylar live... snoresville.

I just finished watching that show a few months ago; that entire series was just a sad let-down...

Thinking about it a bit more and how the show tends to track the comics on the moves (camp to farm to prison), I bet they're out of the prison for good at the season finale which means the Governor is probably killed by one of his own people, probably after Rick's baby dies (though AMC may not have the stones for THAT). Specific actions and characters don't track nearly as well, so who and under what circumstances will probably try to be a surprise. I'm expecting a bloodbath reading the comics synopsis again, meaning Hershel and a few others are likely to bite it.

Dunno if that's a spoiler since specific characters and deaths vary wildly on the show vs the comic and it's pure speculation on my part

It's all good. I tagged it...

Really good scene though. I'm surprised I didn't see that ending coming. Now that I look back it was very obvious. I think it had to do with the speed they did it in and how much was going on with the show. It's a really good example of how to not stretch things out.

Warning! Major Spoilers:

I was watching the Talking Dead that aired after the show, just watch it today on DVR, and the director and Micheal Rooker pretty much confirmed what I said about the state that the group was in and how Rick's expectation is based on the unknown. And from the excerpt they showed from the next episode. It looks like the Governor finally came with the bulk of Woodbury's combatants. So it's not really unreasonable for Rick to think that the group won't be able to survive the war against the Governor.