• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Meh, the show is slowing down writing wise. It's really just more of the same, too many sub plots, too many side stories, too much character building for short term characters. This show took a step down when they got rid of the actual

Writing/producing talent and handed everything to Kirkman.

Writing a comic book, is not the same as writing a show.

Plus, it's becoming predictable. Extremely predictable.

Yeah S1 was the epic for sure.

But AMC got rid of the real talent, so it's been slagging behind comparatively

With other shows. I'll still watch it, but it's what it once was.

Kirkman even said that Andrew Lincoln IS the walking dead.

So it's forever the Rick show. Which is fine, Lincoln is awesome.

Story is lacking... action was good. Nice to see new Walker Fodders... hehe. The fence thing is awesome but why did they never form a herd like that around Woodbury?

I've always said they should lock themselves in the cells at night in case someone dies within the compound. You can even leave each person a key inside each cell. Assuming there's enough keys.

Story is lacking... action was good. Nice to see new Walker Fodders... hehe. The fence thing is awesome but why did they never form a herd like that around Woodbury?

I've always said they should lock themselves in the cells at night in case someone dies within the compound. You can even leave each person a key inside each cell. Assuming there's enough keys.

Actually watched most of the Talking Dead after last night's episode and that gets answered (supposedly) very quickly next episode.

I'm looking forward to this season, hopefully it lives up to the expectations that were set by the Executive Producer (forgot his name) during the same Talking episode.

-b.

I liked the fact that time had passed during the previous season and was interesting to see where the characters were at now.

You could smell red shirt with that "romance novel" guy who ate it.

Interested to see what became of the Governer ...as long as he doesn't do a whole revenge thing...which would feel stale after not having climaxed that story arc very successfully in the last season....I don't feel like revisiting the Gov V's Rick BS ...it's too late late for that now.....just cut your loses and take this story somewhere else quick before I lose any more interest.

Yes, instead of stretching a plot point throughout a season, maybe they could somehow tie into what's going on in the rest of the world...

While they're finally doing what I've always wondered about when we found out that everyone is infected. I feel like that whole plot point kinda ruined the show for me. But it's still fun to watch because of all the zombie killing sequences. I mean the gore with the walkers falling from the roof had everyone at my house reacting in so many different ways. To me it's still worth tuning in for those reasons.

I just wish the show would start to get smarter. The characters are just trying to hold on instead of move on or trying to find a source/cure. The show would get a lot more interesting IMHO, if someone came forth saying they found the source and they started moving out to find it and a possible cure. Yes it harkens back to the first season, but if done properly and smart, it could be really epic.

Imagine if, there is a pattern to the walker herds, follow the pattern, find the source. What if the source is something that can be used to kill or cure the walkers, what then do you do it? I have an idea for my own Ghoul story that would follow that line of thinking, but I'm not sure if I will do anything with it.

I just wish the show would start to get smarter. The characters are just trying to hold on instead of move on or trying to find a source/cure. The show would get a lot more interesting IMHO, if someone came forth saying they found the source and they started moving out to find it and a possible cure. Yes it harkens back to the first season, but if done properly and smart, it could be really epic.

Imagine if, there is a pattern to the walker herds, follow the pattern, find the source. What if the source is something that can be used to kill or cure the walkers, what then do you do it? I have an idea for my own Ghoul story that would follow that line of thinking, but I'm not sure if I will do anything with it.

Sorta' reminds me of Lost, which I just recently finished. I loved the show, but at many times within seasons it felt like the characters were just "there" for the sake of being "Lost." What are they doing, where are they going, what is the point to any of it; are questions that we're starting to ask too much of, now. Better to pull a BSG and cut it short to 4 seasons and maintain quality, not quantity. Again I feel obligated to point out I still enjoy the show, lol...

While they're finally doing what I've always wondered about when we found out that everyone is infected. I feel like that whole plot point kinda ruined the show for me. But it's still fun to watch because of all the zombie killing sequences. I mean the gore with the walkers falling from the roof had everyone at my house reacting in so many different ways. To me it's still worth tuning in for those reasons.

I do not know anything about the comic storyline (and I guess from what I have read, the TV version is going on its own path)...however, just because the CDC guy in the first season said everyone is infected....is that really written in stone, the writers can probably take the story wherever they want...I think that sort of revelation would make for a good season ending cliff-hanger....or perhaps a final season storyline.....

It's still slow, and predictable. It's obvious the worms are eating the dead corpses under ground they are burying, then feeding the infected worms to the pigs, then the BBQ had the infected meat.

But I suppose when the characters figure it out it will be after Rick sees Shane's ghost.

The Gubn'er randomly snipes Glenn and the baby gets sick and becomes the first infant zombie.

I really don't know why I keep watching and filling Kirkman's hack pants.

I do not know anything about the comic storyline (and I guess from what I have read, the TV version is going on its own path)...however, just because the CDC guy in the first season said everyone is infected....is that really written in stone, the writers can probably take the story wherever they want...I think that sort of revelation would make for a good season ending cliff-hanger....or perhaps a final season storyline

I haven't read the books either but it seems like they're staying on that premise for now.

Enjoyed this one. Not as far as the kills like last week but the story was pretty good.

I don't think the worm thing is suppose to be a secret. But they're not going to spell it out right away. I mean the connection is obvious but they can't just reveal it right away... it'll be too rushed and messy. I don't think that one is is stretching the story at all. I'm not sure that the show is in danger of becoming stale from "stretching it out" They're pretty much stuck in this world whether they stay in the prison or leave. I think what they have to do is tighten up plot holes and inconsistencies and if they mean to end it, they need to introduce an end game. I don't think that's part of the network's thinking though, since their ratiing just keeps getting better. They'll need to do that once Andrew Lincoln starts to get bored of the part and wants to get killed off.

Andrew Lincoln is the walking dead. I don't think there will be a show after him.

Regardless of the idea that no one's safe. TV shows can't ran like comics. Rick is the central

Character and will always be. If Kirkmam decides that he knows more about TV show writing than Veteran show

Writers ( que all of the talent fired or let go ). Then let him kill the show off.

For me the show is stale. It takes a entire season to change settings.

The Prison should have ended last season, but I guess it's time to really just let

It slowly progress into 6 more episodes of the prison falling apart and no one making any real

Decisions.

Andrew Lincoln is the walking dead. I don't think there will be a show after him.

Regardless of the idea that no one's safe. TV shows can't ran like comics. Rick is the central

Character and will always be. If Kirkmam decides that he knows more about TV show writing than Veteran show

Writers ( que all of the talent fired or let go ). Then let him kill the show off.

Agreed. That's my point. Too many times have I seen TV shows tried to continue without the show's anchor (X-Files)

For me the show is stale. It takes a entire season to change settings.

The Prison should have ended last season, but I guess it's time to really just let

It slowly progress into 6 more episodes of the prison falling apart and no one making any real

Decisions.

I guess I'm not a big enough zombie fan because this is how I felt the show was gonna go anyway. But again to me it's not the setting but they need to stride towards the end game soon and not wait for the hype to die down. We've already seen them do the walk and talk thing, It's interesting to see them build a community within closed walls, but you know they can never let it get that interesting because at the end of the day we all want the zombies to storm that place. I think what makes it even more predictable is that number of episodes per season, so we know around what episode that might happen. But they managed to keep the number of zombie battles high and show pretty cool ways of them dying. That zombie's face going thru the fence was awesome. So there's enough to keep me coming back the next week. They really need to reduce the number of idiotic things done by idiotic people. The more they make people seem smart about safeguarding themselves from walkers the more you want to root for them.

Right spin-off shows. The new norm. I have low hopes because once again AMC have become yes men to Kirkman. Kirkman is responsible for the firing of all the original EP's including Durabont ( death of the suspense).

Ya know, maybe I'm spoiled, but the fact that the main characters get attacked (Michonne by two walkers with no weapons in hand)

Always fight off walkers, that could easily move thier head and bite the crap out of her but don't. Yet any non main characters can't fight

Off a teenage sized zombie without taking a bite is just Highschool B-movie horror film nonsense. I had higher expectations for this show from your typical Horror flick. It just feels cheap, don't bother having your story show an attack if it looks too easy. Both the male and female zombies were holding their necks straight. It's cheap and pointless.