Yamato 1/60 VF-22S Thread

VF5SS

yes I also do really like the yf-21, once I opened the carton box and saw the package the valkyrie came in with I was sold. When I actually got my hands on it I was like wow the yf-19 is kinda sloppy compared to this (I STILL LIKE THE YF-19 THOUGH. I hope Yamato does make a new version 3 yf-19).Is the vf-11b that much better than the yf-21? Because I read somewhere in this forum that yf-21 and yf-19 are from second generation Yamato and vf-1 v.2 and vf-11c and vf-11b are third generation Yamato. Well back to topic I will post some pictures after I get my yf-21 perfectly aligned in fighter mode...

Does anyone have a link to the thread where someone was casting their own canopy covers for the VF 22s. I remember reading it but didn't have a VF22S at the time and now I can't find it.

thanks

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=34282

He did a great job on em...and Blue Gazer deserves it.

post-31-129862481118_thumb.jpg

Another question, the hip ball joint seems to be loose, making my toy do the splits. How do I tighten it?

Someone more knowledgeable might be of better help, but you could try pulling the leg off and tightening the screw, but more then likely you will have to coat the joint in nail polish or super glue then re-assemble the leg around it. Try asking in the How to Fix part of the toy forum.

Another question, the hip ball joint seems to be loose, making my toy do the splits. How do I tighten it?

I had the same hip looseness problem on my 22S Miria. It was due to the rubber bit that is placed in the joint being slighlty damaged. Taking the hip apart/coating the ball joint fixed the problem.

Edited by Frogze

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same hip looseness problem on my 22S Miria. It was due to the rubber bit that is placed in the joint being slighlty damaged. Taking the hip apart/coating the ball joint fixed the problem.

What did you coat it with? The reason I ask is because the rubber coverings for my VF-0's are wearing down, I know they will loosen eventually. Was thinking I might try whatever coating them with whatever you used.

What did you coat it with? The reason I ask is because the rubber coverings for my VF-0's are wearing down, I know they will loosen eventually. Was thinking I might try whatever coating them with whatever you used.

I used MW's patented superglue coating method : a drop of superglue into the ball joint and then I moved the joint until the superglue dried.

However maybe you should use nail polish because the superglue might damage the rubber inside the join. You can also try to replace the rubber joint with a flat piece of gummy eraser cut to a fitting shape.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, courtesy of HLJ crazy discount I finally braved myself to buy the YF-21.

So quick question... Why is my YF-21 doesn't come with the Fast Pack? I read the review everywhere and all comes with the Fast Pack.

My box is the one without the flap, I heard that this is a reissue version. But why it doesn't come with the Fast Pack and the display stand?

According to Anymoon review, the Fast Pack and display stand is on the second tray... Which is missing on mine. Just curious, because the list price before discount is 18800 Yen, so I don't think Yamato cut a corner on this reissue version. At least on HLJ site, the kit picture is shown with the Fast Pack attached.

Hi guys, courtesy of HLJ crazy discount I finally braved myself to buy the YF-21.

So quick question... Why is my YF-21 doesn't come with the Fast Pack? I read the review everywhere and all comes with the Fast Pack.

My box is the one without the flap, I heard that this is a reissue version. But why it doesn't come with the Fast Pack and the display stand?

According to Anymoon review, the Fast Pack and display stand is on the second tray... Which is missing on mine. Just curious, because the list price before discount is 18800 Yen, so I don't think Yamato cut a corner on this reissue version. At least on HLJ site, the kit picture is shown with the Fast Pack attached.

You bought the reissue "Renewal" pack, which doesn't come with the fast packs or the stand. The anymoon reviewed the first issue, which was more than 20k JPY MSRP i think.

You bought the reissue "Renewal" pack, which doesn't come with the fast packs or the stand. The anymoon reviewed the first issue, which was more than 20k JPY MSRP i think.

Gah! I've been bamboozled! :lol: not really... I think I just jumped the gun on this one. Seeing the YF-21 after discount is still more expensive than the VF-22, I jumped to conclusion that it still comes with the Fast Pack and display stand :wacko: If I had been more careful, I might have go for Gamlin's VF-22 instead of the YF-21. Oh well, rice to porridge, better enjoyed it anyway.

Drats... Now I felt compelled to buy the Fold Booster and Fast Pack set... Which will force me to buy the YF-19... Clever move Yamato! *grumble* *grumble* *grumble*.

Gah! I've been bamboozled! :lol: not really... I think I just jumped the gun on this one. Seeing the YF-21 after discount is still more expensive than the VF-22, I jumped to conclusion that it still comes with the Fast Pack and display stand :wacko: If I had been more careful, I might have go for Gamlin's VF-22 instead of the YF-21. Oh well, rice to porridge, better enjoyed it anyway.

Drats... Now I felt compelled to buy the Fold Booster and Fast Pack set... Which will force me to buy the YF-19... Clever move Yamato! *grumble* *grumble* *grumble*.

Haha...they're evil like that. Now I'm tempted to get ANOTHER Gamlin. Wonder why the 22s are not doing so well in sales, though the discounts are working towards my favor :)

• 5 weeks later...

YF-21 (new package, no stand) half price:

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00188

hlj's been trying to sell their yf-21 inventory for around US$155+ (ems) in their past couple of sales this year, regardless of the exchange-rate.

this seem to be their third attempt to offload it at the same 48%-off cut.

why don't they just cut the pricing further down to 65%-75% off instead of doing that now-familiar 48% off yet again?

is it common for the legs to fall off and become very difficult to put back on when you try to transform from Fighter to Battroid? The left leg kept flying off of my Milia and the sensor lens from the wing popped off as well. I am also wishing that there was a way to store the gunpods in the leg covers while in fighter and still maintain the sleek profile.

Twich

i only have the 21 and its been a long time since I transformed it, but the legs shouldn't fall off. but do be careful when positioning the legs at the hips when going from battroid/GERWALK to fighter... if you force it when making the legs open outward you may stress the thin plastic where the hip joint block connects to the leg. it may actually be safer to detach the legs and position them for fighter and reattach them the way it should be for fighter mode.

is it common for the legs to fall off and become very difficult to put back on when you try to transform from Fighter to Battroid? The left leg kept flying off of my Milia and the sensor lens from the wing popped off as well. I am also wishing that there was a way to store the gunpods in the leg covers while in fighter and still maintain the sleek profile.

Twich

what exactly do you mean "fall off"?

do you mean "easy to detached while pulling out from the storage bay" ?

i only have the 21 and its been a long time since I transformed it, but the legs shouldn't fall off. but do be careful when positioning the legs at the hips when going from battroid/GERWALK to fighter... if you force it when making the legs open outward you may stress the thin plastic where the hip joint block connects to the leg. it may actually be safer to detach the legs and position them for fighter and reattach them the way it should be for fighter mode.

yeah, I'm a little confused as what twich means with "fall off", too.

Edited by treatment

What I was doing was transforming from fighter to battroid and when I was swinging thelegs down, the left leg dropped onto the table. I was not directly touching the left leg either. It was very weird.

Twich

What I was doing was transforming from fighter to battroid and when I was swinging thelegs down, the left leg dropped onto the table. I was not directly touching the left leg either. It was very weird.

Twich

so it popped out of the peg by itself, right?

sounds like it was somehow already rotating out and then just slid off the guide stubs by itself.

not sure if it's normal, but just plug it back in. it should still be tight enough.

anecdotally, both my Max and Milia popped their left legs out when I transformed them for the first time. as such, i thought i was the only one who seem to always start out pulling with the left leg unconsciously/subconsciously. :lol:

it took a while, but I was finally able to get the leg back on the block that holds it to the swing bar and then I was able to get the arms back into position and all the little flap/doors to align so the fighter is sleek once again.

Twich

Twich

It was disturbing for me as both of mine of max fell off and my hands were not even handling/gripping the legs either. In my limited experience I find it tends to pop off only when the hip joints are in plane postion, more so when you are fiddling around with the figure other than its legs.

Make sure that you have the legs in battroid-gerwalk position all the way right until the last few steps when you tuck in the legs and fit the panels in place for plane mode. Same thing when you are transforming it from plane mode to other modes, immediately swing the hips to battroid-gerwalk position when you have swung and click the hip bars in place.

The hips are most stable in battroid-gerwalk position and my max does not pop off anymore when I took the above precuation.

Mine pops off occasionally as well, got me a bit frustrated with my first 22. It's pretty tricky but it's a small price to pay for a valk that doesn't have obvious chunky legs in fighter mode, which is why I love them so much. They have a very sleek side profile and is probably the most successful 3D interpretation of anime magic in Macross so far imo. Would have liked for the backpack to collapse a little more in B mode but that may well compromise the fuselage in F mode.

I have an unopened milia and I have now taken out max(the 3rd time I think) to practice before I'm finally all over his counterpart. max is now extremely loose at the thigh swivel and wing joints. I hope to remedy those problems soon using the awesome tips posted here.

I had a couple of times tranformed max to battroid without noticing that I had scrucnhed up the small plastic wing flaps. Of course the whole thing didn't tab in and when I finally found out(doh?!?), I thought I finally broke it. It didn't. There is not even any hint of stress marks.

Most likely I'll be getting gamlin and the reissued original + fold boosters in the near future. It is such an awesome mold imho.

Hello, NineBreaker here - anyone know A GOOD STAND that will fit the YF21 in BATTROID mode? I just bought the yammie valkyrie from HLJ - and wow, IT SUCKS! I don't know how to make it fit in BATTROID - any help!? HELP!!!

Make what fit in Battroid? The valk comes with stand adapters for all three modes for use with the yamato stands.

But the 21/22 will stand just fine on battroid on its own

_DSC4566.jpg

Hello, NineBreaker here - anyone know A GOOD STAND that will fit the YF21 in BATTROID mode? I just bought the yammie valkyrie from HLJ - and wow, IT SUCKS! I don't know how to make it fit in BATTROID - any help!? HELP!!!

I use flightpose stands, but usually have it displayed without one like in Eugimon's picture.