Captain America: First Avenger

EXO

That suit looks a bit too stylish for a movie that's suppose to be set during WWII.

I know his traditional costume is suppose to show up during his USO appearances and that's his combat suit...

but that suit feels a tad too modern for the 1940s. Parts of it look like the Batsuit from The Dark Knight; especially the shoulder guards and chest. And why couldn't they just paint some wings on the side of the head?

That suit looks a bit too stylish for a movie that's suppose to be set during WWII.

I know his traditional costume is suppose to show up during his USO appearances and that's his combat suit...

but that suit feels a tad too modern for the 1940s. Parts of it look like the Batsuit from The Dark Knight; especially the shoulder guards and chest. And why couldn't they just paint some wings on the side of the head?

I guess their supposed to be basing the movies of a mixture of the Ultimate and regular marvel universe. It could be the suit they give after he's thawed out.

It could be the suit they give after he's thawed out.

I heard it's staying in the 1940s.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/100505-marvel-studios-confirms-chris-evans-for-captain-america

THE FIRST AVENGER: CAPTAIN AMERICA will focus on the early days of the Marvel Universe when Steve Rogers volunteers to participate in an experimental program that turns him into the Super Soldier known as Captain America.

If they're doing most or all of the movie in the 40's they really should go with something more like Ultimate captain america's costume

UltimateWW2Cap2.jpg

the concepts shown are cool but way too modern looking for WWII era.

If they're doing most or all of the movie in the 40's they really should go with something more like Ultimate captain america's costume

UltimateWW2Cap2.jpg

This is a Cap'n that Id follow to hell and back.

Agree about the WWII uniform. I think the released art looks good as his modern uniform but is a little questionable for his 40's look.

The Ultimates stuff was so well done...I need to pull out those books.

Edited by hutch

UltimateWW2Cap2.jpg

That definately looks awesome. So the only weapon he has is the shield? No tommy gun?

That Ultimates design is certainly cool. But the modern costume needs to lose the suspender straps and where are the wings on his head? Make them silver or something. That's like leaving the ears off the Batman mask.

I'm not crazy about the suspenders either but at the same time I like them because it gives his torso the whole red and white stripes look. The costume is pretty blah.

Oh and was this discussed but why is he the First Avenger?

Edited by bigkid24

Isn't he? The first, that is?

It seems like the Avengers-related movies jump around in time. For example: The Incredible Hulk takes place after Iron Man 2. So, it stands to reason that Captain America will take place before all the others (including the present-day scenes).

I don't mind the suspenders but I would prefer them to be a bit more slender, and the pouches looking more like ammo pouches, similar to those seen on paratroopers of that era. It's a functional combat suit, which is what it should be. As I noted earlier (which I hid in spoiler tags cuz it did get a bit into the plot), there are reports of the production using both the classic look for the Cap's USO appearances and then the suit pictured at the start of this thread for his combat suit.

If they're gonna give him a chin strap, why not give him a M1 helmet. Having the helmet integrated with the mask with the chin strap seems a bit silly. The wings can be painted on.

I wonder if he will inject himself with the "serum" to make himself into a badass. The fact that we have a superhero based on steroid use is hilarious. I am sure they will NOT mention that part.

I wonder if he will inject himself with the "serum" to make himself into a badass. The fact that we have a superhero based on steroid use is hilarious. I am sure they will NOT mention that part.

I actually read the original origin story for Captain America (I have a book full of excripts of Golden Age Comics), and Steve didn't inject himself with the serum (that scene was in the atrocious 70's television series); the German Doctor who created it did. The story was actualy pretty good. Edited by Wanzerfan

I think he's the first one alive, out of all of them.

Well that's what I figured. I was just thinking in terms of the comics because back in the day I don't think he joined the Avengers until like issue 3. But I guess that's a technicality that they aren't going to be worried about.

I actually read the original origin story for Captain America (I have a book full of excripts of Golden Age Comics), and Steve didn't inject himself with the serum (that scene was in the atrocious 70's television series); the German Doctor who created it did. The story was actualy pretty good.

No matter who injected him, the idea came from the genesis of steroids. Captain America is all about the juice. Terrible message for the kids.

No matter who injected him, the idea came from the genesis of steroids. Captain America is all about the juice. Terrible message for the kids.

Yeah, it actually is kinda strange-disturbing-funny that one of the greatest heroes in the Marvel universe took drugs to make him the hero he is...

Yeah, it actually is kinda strange-disturbing-funny that one of the greatest heroes in the Marvel universe took drugs to make him the hero he is...

Well in 1941 steroids were the new miracle drug that was going to prolong everyone's live and make everyone super human. Its actually true still to some degree. There are some people that get anti-aging prescriptions for Testosterone and HGH. They do live longer and are at a HUGE degree if physical advantage. Look at Lance Armstrong. He looses a testicle, gets this prescription, and now he is unstoppable (took some hard work too).