Halo Reach

The beta after months of anticipation is out, however there are already several quirks that have irritated the piss out of fans!

Today, the new Halo Multiplayer beta was released, however fans were quick to realize that Bungie's server just couldn't take the near 200,000 users who were either downloading the patch on their copy of ODST, or were waiting for the game to come online after the download.

Many players would later get booted out after a lack of playtime on the main screen only to be told "Halo Reach Beta Server is unavailable at this time. Please try again later"

The fans that have gotten to play are calling out that the game is indeed as good as anticipated and can't wait to delve deeper into the various games the Multiplayer has available, Slayer, King of the Hill, CTF, Oddball, Invasion

Armor abilities like Stealth, EMP Pulses, Jet Packs, tuck and rolls, sprint, help give each player some kind of an advantage based on certain games. For instance, Stealth and Jet Packs really are great to use when doing King of the Hill or Slayer, while Stealth and sprint can be great tools in Oddball.

So how many of you are playing?

When it first became available today, it went pretty smoothly. It wasn't until sometime in the afternoon that trouble started to crop up; however, it was working fine for me in earlier this evening. At least it was available on time, unlike the Halo 3 Beta. I still remember waiting all day, staring at the Crackdown menu... :rolleyes:

Despite a couple of kinks, I've enjoyed Reach so far. ^_^

I'm really looking forward to doing invasion where Elites have to take control of territories to retreieve the NAV data and bring it back to their drop ship...that should be fun.

I played a lot more lastnight before I went to bed and was finally able to change up a few things on my armor. Although I got to say there's some pointlessness to that. Changing parts of your armor only makes you look unique to a point, it doesn't help provide any new stats or upgrades other than appearance.

I also feel that the color choices could be tweeked, off shades or only certain parts should be that color etc.

I'm really looking forward to doing invasion where Elites have to take control of territories to retreieve the NAV data and bring it back to their drop ship...that should be fun.

I played a lot more lastnight before I went to bed and was finally able to change up a few things on my armor. Although I got to say there's some pointlessness to that. Changing parts of your armor only makes you look unique to a point, it doesn't help provide any new stats or upgrades other than appearance.

I also feel that the color choices could be tweeked, off shades or only certain parts should be that color etc.

I'm also in the Beta, I played for a brief while and its pretty much the same thing in mutliplayer with new jet pack, and a new rifle with scope, and that new sheild that it'll make you invicincible for a couple seconds. I dont think that new sheild is usefull for me, it'll keep you stationary and you wont be able to do anything. Finnaly you can RUN in this game! Yeah getting new armor is useless doesnt change anything in the game.

yeah, I`m in it. only got two matches down (which I both lost) but it handles well... any idea if ODST`s Firefight mode will return?

if it does they'd better have F*cking public lobbies and none of this invite only crap... <_<

If they do bring in firefight then cool. Although I doubt it.

Headhunter and Covy Slayer are now up. I kind of like Headhunter it's exactly like slayer but with a reason to run like a bitch.

Covy I'm not big on as it's Elite vs Elite and Red Team armor looks Blueish grey while Blue teams will look Blue. So I accidentally kept shooting my guys cause I don't look at the ID tags.

I did though have several good games and I think I'm just starting to get my Sargeant rank going.

Hope there are more unlockable armor parts....or else there's no reason to have this credit point bull poo.

Yeah I don't get the team system or why they even bothered seperating people by colors. But I'm sick to death of being an elite every damn time I play it. The map is big but it's nothing special or shock n awe.

And it seems like no one ever coordinates as a team in these type of games. Just run around and do whatever.

My buddy mitch and I when we play we generally stick together and pick ppl off who are wandering around aimlessly.

I played a couple of games a few nights ago, and as usual, had my ass handed to me. I will be the first to admit that even though I suck at multiplayer FPSs, I still enjoy them. For me a good game is getting one ore two kills, three or more kills in a game is a great game for me!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I was at Sargent First Class when I stopped. I'd say the only thing I really liked was Slayers SvsE cause that's what I was looking for.

Did not like generator. I got teamed with some a-holes that got in my way and they both died from rocket fire I shot to knock out a generator and they went and booted me. Retards.

I think I was at Sargent First Class when I stopped. I'd say the only thing I really liked was Slayers SvsE cause that's what I was looking for.

Did not like generator. I got teamed with some a-holes that got in my way and they both died from rocket fire I shot to knock out a generator and they went and booted me. Retards.

I stopped playing b/c i kept getting matched with the players who take games a little too serious. that and some of the game modes irritated me.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, sorry for the thread necromancy but today it was revealed that Firefight mode WILL return for Reach in a short version and the original setup and that yes, there WILL be public lobbies for it. can this Halo get much better? :D

• 3 weeks later...

perhaps they`ll add some later as DLC but for the main game it won`t be a multiplayer event. something to do with the vast quantities of data required with such a HUGE open area and random chaotic elements such as actual human beings playing IIRC...

• 2 months later...

Well ,REACH came out today,anyone grab it?

I been playing it a fair while,so far pretty good,has some nice epic moments and good ship destruction,the Space missions are fairly cool aswell,I thought it would control like Rouge Squadron or something in space but its just Warthog controls.

Played it for a bit. This is the ultimate evolution of the Halo formula it seems. The real star of the game is the planet Reach itself which is rendered absolutely beautifully.

Main complaint thus far is that it's pronounced: Hor-hey (Jorge), not George ffs... though it's the Spanish equivalent.

Heh. :lol:

Yeah, I know I'm a minority amongst 360 owners, but I've got zero interest in this one. I mean, I enjoyed the original Halo, despite its flaws, as much as the next guy. I bought into the hype and got Halo 2 at a midnight launch to find that I didn't really care for it. I almost got hyped for Halo 3, but I managed to talk myself out of it. A buddy of mine had preordered both the Legendary and the Collector's Edition version, though, and he loaned me a copy to play. Didn't really like it either. I would have ignored ODST entirely had my Xbox not died. A copy came with the replacement console I bought, but I didn't even finish the first level. While I didn't care for Halo 2 or 3, I actually hated ODST. Apathy might have left me mildly curious about Reach, but ODST has me so soured on Halo that I think I'd rather play even a mediocre game like HAWX 2 than Reach.

Got it, played a bit.

Graphics... While the engine is definitely getting long in the tooth the improvements made to animation and environment give this one last a bit scope and grandness that make the last two games feel claustrophobic in comparison.

Gameplay... it's Halo. Either you like it or you don't. Not much here that's going to change anyone's mind either way.

Story... not deep enough into the campaign to have any say and I'm not enough of a Halo fan to know the back story but I'm guessing we're all going to die in tragic ways saving folk from the bad guys.

Multiplayer... didn't bother. I spent the last six months playing ME2 and Dragon Age. Not in the mood to be screamed at by some 13 year old over what a n00b I am.