Alright guys let me know what you are looking for and I'll check the comic store in new hampshire for you. They have whats called a wall of gundam, an entire aisle of gunpla kits.

Appreciate the offer, really I do. But it's not that I can't find what I'm looking for, it's that I can't find a local place to browse.

Alright guys let me know what you are looking for and I'll check the comic store in new hampshire for you. They have whats called a wall of gundam, an entire aisle of gunpla kits.

Ya know what, I know this guy in my group meetings he was somewhere east coat and he posted images of this aile that was nothing but Gunpla. There were things I saw that made me go "WHAT VARIETY! THIS IS MADNESS!" It wasn't just 00, Wing, SEED etc etc. There were tons of UC kits, old and new. I wish I knew where he was cause he didn't post the location at all. It almost looked like the place we always go to in Beaverton but it sure as hell wasn't!

As for what I'm looking for? I dunno. I always have a soft spot for older MG kits....they're cheap and there's a lot of playability with them. Easy to customize!

OH! I also pre-ordered the Side Stories RX-80-PR Heavy Equip type. That thing just looks amazing.

Here's a photo of the aisle. Its an older one from some time last year. Since then they've expanded into another quarter aisle. They have HGUC, MG, PG, and even some older CCA, 08th, 0080, and F90/91 kits. They have a lot of random other Gunpla too like the Wing, SD kits, and newer stuf like HGBF, Age, and Seed/Destiny. They also have a few Hasegawa Valks too. :)

15862965273_1207d29849.jpg

Appreciate the offer, really I do. But it's not that I can't find what I'm looking for, it's that I can't find a local place to browse.

No problem. Still if there's anything you guys are really looking for and have to have and don't mind the price they charge and paying for the shipping I can pick it up for you. Edited by renegadeleader1

Here's a photo of the aisle. Its an older one from some time last year. Since then they've expanded into another quarter aisle. They have HGUC, MG, PG, and even some older CCA, 08th, 0080, and F90/91 kits. They have a lot of random other Gunpla too like the Wing, SD kits, and newer stuf like HGBF, Age, and Seed/Destiny. They also have a few Hasegawa Valks too. :)

15862965273_1207d29849.jpg

No problem. Still if there's anything you guys are really looking for and have to have and don't mind the price they charge and paying for the shipping I can pick it up for you.

That's the place! he went photo city on that finding all kinds of stuff.

how high of prices are some of these? there's a place here in portland that wanted 150 for a nightingale which we all blew off.

That's the place! he went photo city on that finding all kinds of stuff.

how high of prices are some of these? there's a place here in portland that wanted 150 for a nightingale which we all blew off.

It really depends on what you are looking for. You can get the standard HGUC GM for 7.99 or a CCA Jeagan for 5.99. I'd say the HGUC average is 15 to 25 with some of the more complex ones pushing 35. The average on the MG's is 45-55. Some of the kits prices are a joke though like charging over 200 for the reissue 1/60 scale jumbos. I chalk that up to not knowing what he has though and assuming bigger is more expensive. Thankfully that's the exception to the rule.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Oh man that aisle is beautiful. Closest place to me with that kind of selection is over 2 hours away in North Jersey.

yeah, if you're around bergen cty, check out gundam planet.

yeah, if you're around bergen cty, check out gundam planet.

Gundam Planet might be the closest place to me with an aisle like that. And Google Maps puts it at around 5 and half hours.

Closest places to me that sell some Gundam models is a Hobbytown USA about hour from me on the other side of Pittsburgh. You search for hobby stores around here, and you've got nothing but trains and craft stores from west Pittsburgh to Altoona.

Top shelf of my detolf is pretty barren while I am still completing some of the kits for my 'Amuro vs. Char' shelf. But here's a pic I snapped today of my general UC shelf. All of them are OOB builds (with panel lining, decals, and top coat) except for the Unicorn, which is completely painted.

post-29874-0-56765000-1423624246_thumb.jpg

Well, couple packages came. my RX-77 Guncannon, GM Command unit showed up. And one of the guys in my build group reported in on a fresh stock of some new items one of them being a couple of RG Wing Zeros. So I flew like a man on a mission and picked it up along with a new bottle of Flat Red for the Sinanju since I ran out last weekend.

Just finished the MG Strike Rouge + Ootori. I am tremendously impressed with its solidity and overall look compared to the RG Aile Strike. It is also the first kit I have fully top-coated, due to its use of so many dry-transfer markings. Rather than spraying down the completed kit, I finished and coated all of the external armor parts separately, leaving the frame pieces (even where exposed) uncoated. I used Mr. Hobby Semi-Gloss, which gave a great finish but was prohibitively expensive; I'm seeking a good alternative that is cheaper but still acrylic, so my panel lining won't run.

post-29037-0-89533800-1423718044_thumb.jpg

P.S. - UN_MARINE, I love the "flame-treated" look on your boosters!

I am tremendously impressed with its solidity and overall look compared to the RG Aile Strike.

Yeah, the RG Strike is great... until you put the Aile pack on him, and he becomes a back-heavy mess. Pretty much the only reason I want the overpriced RG Skygrasper is so I can switch Aile Strike to Sword Strike.

Yeah, the RG Strike is great... until you put the Aile pack on him, and he becomes a back-heavy mess. Pretty much the only reason I want the overpriced RG Skygrasper is so I can switch Aile Strike to Sword Strike.

My gripes with it are more that the shoulders and head look oddly detached, and the overall proportions strike me as more awkward than heroic. I think it's a result of Bandai building the Strike on a frame that is really designed for the RX-78-2. I don't have the same concerns with the other Seed RGs, but they use a different frame.

Personally, I have no concerns with the back-heaviness of the Seed designs in general. They aren't ground suits, and when they wear their various packs they are generally flying, often in space; I see the packs as more supporting the weight of the suits than the other way around. For that reason, I'm totally alright with needing a stand to get a natural look from them in model form. Having said that, the MG Strike Rouge seems to defy physics by being able to stand naturally with its Ootori pack attached and unsupported. I think it's a combination of excellent balance (it doesn't rest all its weight on the heels, the way most RGs do) and very stiff joints.

Just finished the MG Strike Rouge + Ootori. I am tremendously impressed with its solidity and overall look compared to the RG Aile Strike. It is also the first kit I have fully top-coated, due to its use of so many dry-transfer markings. Rather than spraying down the completed kit, I finished and coated all of the external armor parts separately, leaving the frame pieces (even where exposed) uncoated. I used Mr. Hobby Semi-Gloss, which gave a great finish but was prohibitively expensive; I'm seeking a good alternative that is cheaper but still acrylic, so my panel lining won't run.

attachicon.gifStrike Rouge.jpg

Great work on the Strike Rouge! Clear/top coating definitely gets expensive, I switched to an automotive brand for my matte coats & Future for gloss coats.

And, thanks! I didn't think the heat effect would photograph better than it does in person. :lol:

UN_MARINE: Can we see the rest of that build??

It's been a long time, but I finally got round to making gunpla again. Ironic, since I came to Japan to indulge in the otaku life, but wound up getting caught in the rat race instead. Never again!

This is the MG 1/100 ReZel Type C Defenser b Unit.

Rezel.jpg

Strike Rouge.jpg

20 bucks on Amazon with a month wait isn't what I call amazing either.

Krylon Crystal Clear seems like a good alternative at almost half the cost and more readily available I think. I'm about out of what I use so maybe it's time to try something different!

20 bucks on Amazon with a month wait isn't what I call amazing either.

Krylon Crystal Clear seems like a good alternative at almost half the cost and more readily available I think. I'm about out of what I use so maybe it's time to try something different!

Yeah, I have my eye on the Krylon acrylic Crystal Clear and Matte (although, if I want gloss, I can just use Future - it self-levels well amazingly well, even when brushed on). Reviews I've seen have been mixed, but I should be able to get some locally at Walmart and just try it out.

As far as the Mr.Hobby stuff goes, I did find ebay sellers that will ship within the US for about $8-$10 per can, but that's still more than I'd like to pay.

UN_MARINE: Can we see the rest of that build??

It's been a long time, but I finally got round to making gunpla again. Ironic, since I came to Japan to indulge in the otaku life, but wound up getting caught in the rat race instead. Never again!

This is the MG 1/100 ReZel Type C Defenser b Unit.

Great work on the ReZel, nice, clean build!

Here's a few shots of the Ex-S (sorry... pic overload).

post-2535-0-46558600-1423763994_thumb.jpgpost-2535-0-60514100-1423764230_thumb.jpgpost-2535-0-64580000-1423764587_thumb.jpg

post-2535-0-80190100-1423764422_thumb.jpgpost-2535-0-94688400-1423764973_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I have my eye on the Krylon acrylic Crystal Clear and Matte (although, if I want gloss, I can just use Future - it self-levels well amazingly well, even when brushed on). Reviews I've seen have been mixed, but I should be able to get some locally at Walmart and just try it out.

As far as the Mr.Hobby stuff goes, I did find ebay sellers that will ship within the US for about $8-$10 per can, but that's still more than I'd like to pay.

well I scored. I found flat, satin and gloss 4 bucks a pop. I picked up satin since that's essentially semi-gloss and gonna see how neat it is. apparently what I'd been using in the past has been enamel and explains a lot.

Anybody know what it actually means on HLJ when something is backordered? Will the item I buy really be shipped in 4-6 weeks or is it more we probly aren't getting anymore in stock but don't want to slap a out of stock or discontinued on it? I really want to pick up the old Javalin, Jamesgun, Gun EZ, and GunBlastor from the old 1/144 V Gundam line. Yeah I know they're tiny, but they are actually pretty well made for a non grade and in scale with my other GM's from HGUC and 08th HG.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i got the aile strike and sky grasper together sitting on my table.

i found this

940.jpg

and was wondering if it's the same thing as the aile strike just without the aile pack or is it different?

i found this

940.jpg

and was wondering if it's the same thing as the aile strike just without the aile pack or is it different?

I didn't know this existed until your post, but as far as I can tell Googling around and looking at the sprue shots, it really is the standard RG Aile Strike minus the Aile pack (at a much higher price). Check the comments here, for example.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I didn't know this existed until your post, but as far as I can tell Googling around and looking at the sprue shots, it really is the standard RG Aile Strike minus the Aile pack (at a much higher price). Check the comments here, for example.

thanks for the pics. i also noticed the instruction booklet included with the kit linked is the aile strike booklet. it's just weird that's there's a stand alone kit that's has less parts than the aile strike that's a web exclusive. i would think it would be the other way around.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Anybody know what it actually means on HLJ when something is backordered? Will the item I buy really be shipped in 4-6 weeks or is it more we probly aren't getting anymore in stock but don't want to slap a out of stock or discontinued on it? I really want to pick up the old Javalin, Jamesgun, Gun EZ, and GunBlastor from the old 1/144 V Gundam line. Yeah I know they're tiny, but they are actually pretty well made for a non grade and in scale with my other GM's from HGUC and 08th HG.

means can be either or. it might not come straight from the normal factories or could acquire somewhere else. usually if it's gone they'll list it as discontinued.

thanks for the pics. i also noticed the instruction booklet included with the kit linked is the aile strike booklet. it's just weird that's there's a stand alone kit that's has less parts than the aile strike that's a web exclusive. i would think it would be the other way around.

Yeah, that is very bizarre. I guess that there was either a time or a market where the Aile Strike kit wasn't available but the Skygrasper was? Although, as the Aile is RG #03 (released 4/11) and the Skygrasper is RG #06 (released 2/12), I'm having trouble understanding how that might have happened. Maybe the first run of the Aile had become scarce by the time the Skygrasper came out, and this "Limited" version in 3/12 was plugging the gap.

After a while I decided to get on to the kits that I have been buying the last couple of months, so I went for my first MG

Astray Red Frame

Now I am wondering if I should paint it with some metallic red

15612_848595611850665_646118771956597313

And the complete kit of the RG Strike Rogue its called Strike Rouge + I.W.S.P.

1.jpg

Edited by mog_kupo

i found this

940.jpg

and was wondering if it's the same thing as the aile strike just without the aile pack or is it different

For folks in Japan and HK that has p-bandai shop, they are cheap since they can buy it at webshop SRP (which cheaper than the SRP of Aile Strike RG), for folks outside of the area of p-bandai shop, we are better served with buying the normal one and just use the extra's for future mods.

Edited by chyll2

HLJ actually has a page describing their various stock statuses. Backordered means they have none in stock at the moment but they have placed an order for more to fill customers orders that have already been placed. If it says 'Out of Stock' it means they currently have none in stock, and nobody has ordered it from them so they have not ordered more from the manufacturer and will not be until a customer places an order with them. So if it says backordered, more are on the way soon. If it says out of stock, it will not come back in stock unless you place the order, so you can't sit and wait for it unless someone else decides to order one, then it will say 'backordered'

Sorry for the long winded answer

Question:

Is there a service, or vendor, or a board somewhere for Gundam parts trading/selling?

Not a broken part replacement service, but a way to just purchase parts.

I'm going to replace the yellow parts of the upcoming "Gray Zeta" MG release, and since it's a transforming suit, I'd rather not paint them. There aren't that many parts, and all of them are white on the original MG Zeta 2.0, so I figure a swap would be easy...if I could find a place to grab those parts, or trade them with someone who is going to fully paint their 2.0 Zeta anyway.

Does anything like this exist?

Note: just the pale yellow on this guy: http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2014/11/p-bandai-mg-1100-zeta-gundam-gray-wolfs_20.html

Looking over the Zeta 2.0 instructions it looks to be about 18 parts, mostly small.

I did find a vendor on ebay selling parts at $6 a pop, which would put this handful of parts at over $100...

Edited by Phyrox

Question:

Is there a service, or vendor, or a board somewhere for Gundam parts trading/selling?

Not a broken part replacement service, but a way to just purchase parts.

I'm going to replace the yellow parts of the upcoming "Gray Zeta" MG release, and since it's a transforming suit, I'd rather not paint them. There aren't that many parts, and all of them are white on the original MG Zeta 2.0, so I figure a swap would be easy...if I could find a place to grab those parts, or trade them with someone who is going to fully paint their 2.0 Zeta anyway.

Does anything like this exist?

Note: just the pale yellow on this guy: http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2014/11/p-bandai-mg-1100-zeta-gundam-gray-wolfs_20.html

Looking over the Zeta 2.0 instructions it looks to be about 18 parts, mostly small.

I did find a vendor on ebay selling parts at $6 a pop, which would put this handful of parts at over $100...

I had to go through a company called Blu-Fin which I think was suggested here. But I think the only way you can use them is if their sticker is slapped on the side of your box. But I'm not 100% sure.

I do know you need a picture of the kit box, your receipt and picture of the broken part, and the coresponding part # like F1-8 or D-12 etc. Usually if it's your first order it's free. But if you use their service again or the kit is beyond the 30 day warranty for free replacement they'll charge you accordingly for the part and the shipping. And shipping is a pain. I ordered a replacement part in October and didn't get it until January. It's case by case, order by order basis. Mine looked like they just took it off the mold and snipped it off the runner, put it in a baggy then in a bubbled packet and off it went. I didn't get any information until it arrived. If you don't follow their guidelines exactly they won't even bother with you.

HLJ might be able to help you.

OH!

I found this tonight and I'm kicking myself as this would of been perfect for my sinanju Edited by Hikuro

Hmm, that sounds tough.

How about this then: anyone with an MG Zeta 2.0 that plans on painting it? I'd be happy to pay shipping costs for a parts swap. My soon-to-be-delivered yellow parts for a few of your white ones?

It's only the face, crest, upper legs / arms, and torso;

I'd be greatly appreciative.

I basically finished painting my Sinanju. But now my iwata's cap won't pop open it's jammed. I dunno why either, no dings on it or anything it's just stuck after I did a round of cleaning.

Either way, I had to completely repaint the red and black of my kit. I was NOT happy with the turn out after I did the next round of parts which came out rather smooth and vibrant. The difference? NO THINNER MIX RATIO!

post-600-0-63820800-1423956486_thumb.jpg Here's the torso section after a complete repaint. That sucker looks smooth! I'm going to use an Enamel Yellow so if there's any mistakes it'll be an easy clean up with the lighter fluid and it shouldn't do any damage to the black. Luckily there's not a ton of these trim parts that need to be done.