What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v3.0

wolfx

Watched Arrietty a few days ago: a good movie but not the jewel that a lot of people announced; still a very enjoyable story though...

I just finished watching Vandread. That was the best anime I have seen in a long time. I just want more more more!

Really interesting story...men and women fighting each other in the far future with giant mecha (like Zentrans and Meltrans). Good action. The CGI animation for the mecha is not that great by today's standards, but the great story and characters really make up for it. Good amounts of comedy and dirty humor. The Pyoro NAVI tempermental robot provided good laughs. The ending was really great, the way Hibiki finally understands the situation.

This is like Eureka 7 and Gurren Lagann rolled into one but with a better conclusion to the story.

Just finished watching Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari. I liked it, but it felt too short to me.I'm hoping for a second season. I love the Tenchi Muyo OVA's, and want to see what happens to Tenchi's little brother.

I just finished watching Vandread. That was the best anime I have seen in a long time. I just want more more more!

Really interesting story...men and women fighting each other in the far future with giant mecha (like Zentrans and Meltrans). Good action. The CGI animation for the mecha is not that great by today's standards, but the great story and characters really make up for it. Good amounts of comedy and dirty humor. The Pyoro NAVI tempermental robot provided good laughs. The ending was really great, the way Hibiki finally understands the situation.

This is like Eureka 7 and Gurren Lagann rolled into one but with a better conclusion to the story.

Vandread is one of my favorites. Even the obnoxious pilot guy got some character development. Though, that was kind of sad.

Vandread is one of my favorites. Even the obnoxious pilot guy got some character development. Though, that was kind of sad.

Bart, the helmsman, got the short straw in this series. His love interest did not worked out as he had planned. Funny how the cool and calm doctor was able to win over the ladies at the end.

Zombie Desu Ka is shaping up to have the most epic harem of all times.

Silent Necromancer

Chainsaw Masou Shoujou

Vampire Ninja Maido who in an alternate universe is a bass player ...

I know right?

I lol-ed at the beginning of ep 1. Nanaca Crash parody!

http://megami.starcreator.com/nanaca-crash/

God, how I loved that show. Too bad those bastards over at Comcast decided to drop Encore Wam! from thier channel lineup. Both VanDread and VanDread: The Second Stage had an excellent story (it's a Gonzo show; look what they did with Hellsing). Too bad they didn't get to do a third series (both series together had an episode count of about 26 episodes), because I would love to see a full-blown war between

the planets Mejere (I'm spelling the planet's name the way it was pronounced in the English dub) allied with Tarak against the forces of Earth.

Edited by Wanzerfan

Finished watching Gundam Zeta yesterday. Did a mini marathon with the last 4 chapters.

All I can say is wow! What an ending!

I mean knowing Tomino's reputation I knew there would be some casualties, but I never expected this kind of death toll. The death of Emma Sheen was particularly gripping. And Kamille Bidan losing his sanity somehow made even more of an impression than if he had died. (I am assuming that he went insane. If anyone know's better please educate me).

Might check out Gundam ZZ now.

Be careful: ZZ begins very differently than Z, which may disappoints you; things get back to "normal" after around the first half though...

ZZ is intentionally made silly to detoxify your brain from all that dark things on Zeta, But somehow the silliness is overdose sometimes.

Anyway, just finished Eureka 7 marathon. Not sure if I want to watch the movie, and haven't decided on next anime on my list. For now I'll just stick to weekly SRW OG: The inspector.

Z

He didn't go crazy, Scirroco sealed his mind with his last act of spite. watch ZZ to find out what happens next

With that said, yeah, ZZ initially feels like Scirroco sealed Tomino's mind, but things quickly balance back out into awesomeness. Well, 10-12 episodes in at least.

As for the Eureka Seven movie, go for it. Yeah it recycles some stuff, but it's a great alternate take on the story.

Be careful: ZZ begins very differently than Z, which may disappoints you; things get back to "normal" after around the first half though...

ZZ is intentionally made silly to detoxify your brain from all that dark things on Zeta, But somehow the silliness is overdose sometimes.

Z

He didn't go crazy, Scirroco sealed his mind with his last act of spite. watch ZZ to find out what happens next

With that said, yeah, ZZ initially feels like Scirroco sealed Tomino's mind, but things quickly balance back out into awesomeness. Well, 10-12 episodes in at least.

Started watching ZZ and yeah, it's like WTF? It's hard to believe that it's the same director working on it straight after Zeta.

I appreciate all your comments. I don't think I would have continued without knowing that things get better further than down the line. I'd been afraid to read ZZ reviews because there's so many spoilers in reviews I've read in days past.

"ELEMENTAL GELADE" with my 17 year-old imouto. about 3/4 of the way through my complete collection set,

one of PIONEER LDC/GENEON's last products before throwing in their cards. R.I.P.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elemental_Gelade

46234.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

That anime was a bit of a disappointment. Another case of "the manga was better".

i haven't seen the manga, so i wouldn't know.

my sister, however, has actually read some of it, and she says she feels the Anime storyline is better...

diff'ernt strokes for diff'ernt folks, i guess. i just think it's a good show overall, myself...

Edited by Shaorin

After watching Elfen Lied, I have an ambivalent feeling for the ending. While the story is good, the ending left some things open. I got the same feeling after Chrono Crusade. It's bittersweet.

And Kouta seemed clueless to his surroundings through out most of the series, even with his traumatic childhood experience factored into the character.

I'd have to agree... Elfen Lied is quite intense. I had to take a break from it after a few episodes, since seeing a girl violently losing her limbs has an unsettling effect on me. When I got back to it, I kinda forced myself to watch it, so I could at least finish the story.

One of the good things about the show was the musical score. That was damn good.

Overall, I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.

Elfenlied....my all time favorite. :D

If only because it breaks the moe anime trope and twists it into some dark show.

I hope this doesn't reflect my personality somewhat though. :ph34r:

Elfenlied....my all time favorite. :D

If only because it breaks the moe anime trope and twists it into some dark show.

With all the limbs getting torn off in graphic gory details, it was definitely not your usual anime. I had to stop eating red meat for a few days after watching this... :wacko:

After watching Elfen Lied, I have an ambivalent feeling for the ending. While the story is good, the ending left some things open. I got the same feeling after Chrono Crusade. It's bittersweet.

And Kouta seemed clueless to his surroundings through out most of the series, even with his traumatic childhood experience factored into the character.

Elfen Lied is one of the few cases were I enjoyed the anime more than the original manga. Brutal study into how cruel children can be. The ending is left somewhat open, yeah, but I didn't think that was too much of a bad thing.

[...]

Every word a person say reflects something about her personality ;)

But not always the first thing some people may think about though...

Just watched Steamboy last night on my new TV. Seeing how the movie ended, I thought there would be more followup material but I see nothing of that sort :(.

Didn't really hit me until near the end that the grandfather was voiced by Patrick Stewart.

img2214m.th.jpg