Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

Wow...The Asylum has gone viral. The trailer for Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus has scored over a million hits on MTV.com and on YouTube this past week. But with all the hype it's generated, will it just fizzle like Snakes on a Plane?

No, it'll fizzle just like Snakes on a Train... ^_^

LOL, that Justin Timberlake look-alike was so bad he was funny.

No, seriously--the guys who made this utter shite should be ceremoniously bludgeoned to death, with old movie reel canisters containing the collective works of Ed Wood and Roger Corman...

I guess the money she got for her disastrous Playboy stint wasn't enough to pay the mortgage.

Both Debbie Gibson AND Tiffany were huge rip-off merchants. They should have done their playboy at their peak, not the 40+ stage. In fact, Bill Hicks had the right idea about what those girls should have done and thats all I am saying on the matter. ;)

Taksraven

Supernova was a godawful film too. Dunno about it being the worst ever, but it really sucked.

Taksraven

Supernova was actually not that bad. actually the theatrical version where Francis Ford Coppola went in and butchered it was crap. the director's cut of the film was much better.

LOL, that Justin Timberlake look-alike was so bad he was funny.

No, seriously--the guys who made this utter shite should be ceremoniously bludgeoned to death, with old movie reel canisters containing the collective works of Ed Wood and Roger Corman...

Hey, leave Roger Corman alone. Death Race 2000 is one of the best dystopian future movies of the 70s.

Graham

Hey, leave Roger Corman alone. Death Race 2000 is one of the best dystopian future movies of the 70s.

Graham

Oh, but of course. That's why those would make the perfect symbolic instruments of death for whoever made that shark vs octopus crap.

*best Beavis voice* The streets will run red with the blood of the infidels!!! *ungh heh heh, heh*

Edited by reddsun1

Someone's already uploaded the whole Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus movie on YouTube. Don't know how long it'll be online before The Asylum will actually threaten to take it down.

Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus

And a little plot summary from Wikipedia:

Off the coast of Alaska, oceanographer Emma McNeil (Deborah Gibson) is aboard a submarine studying whales when, without warning, a sonic device dropped from a military helicopter awakens a Megalodon (a gigantic shark) and a Giant Octopus from their 10-million-year slumber. In no time at all, both creatures wreak havoc all over the ocean, terrorizing oil platforms and mutilating whales on their way. The Megalodon destroys the Golden Gate Bridge and even devours a 747 airliner from several thousands of feet in the sky.

When several attempts at stopping both creatures from inflicting further damage fail, McNeil, Professor Lamar Sanders (Sean Lawlor) and Japanese scientist Dr. Seiji Shimada (Vic Chao) decide that the only way to stop the mayhem is to have the Megalodon and the Giant Octopus fight each other to the death. Allan Baxter (Lorenzo Lamas), a veteran commando, is assigned to lure both creatures out of civilization and stage their "Thrilla in Manila."

In the end of their undersea showdown, the Giant Octopus kills the Megalodon and they both sink, never to be seen again.

EDIT: F'ing hell that's a SPOILER! Some of us actually wanted to watch this crud you know!

:ph34r:

Edited by Dangard Ace

Even when I first heard about this flick on Pharyngula, I said "Hells yeah!" Now I see it has Debbie Gibson & Lorenzo Lamas!! All it needs now is the "Chairman" from Iron Chef America and it's gold!!1!

EDIT: F'ing hell that's a SPOILER! Some of us actually wanted to watch this crud you know!

:ph34r:

Oh, that's not the half of it...

From Wikipedia:

Following the buzz generated by the release of the film's trailer, Gibson hinted on an interview that a sequel may be in the works. "Because God knows what else is in the ocean, she said. "I thought maybe a seahorse? Maybe a 500-foot lobster would be good. But yes, there is the potential for a sequel, and I would absolutely love it."

HAH!!! What? are they afraid this'll actually cut into their profits or something?!? :lol:

Looks like I spoke too soon...

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Giant Seafood, LLC .
Edited by areaseven