Fire Bomber Music

Renato

OK, don't worry, I'll try to get around to it at the end of this month sometime, not before then, though. I've been wanting to do it for a while, and actually I was planing to have a few translations of Fukuyama interviews etc for this thread anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

The 2nd issue of the F-tama fanclab zine DECULTURE! had this collage of the Crossover Live - I thought it was pretty nice altho Arai and Kasahara are noticeably absent.

Crossover.pdf

Back to Firebomber - I managed to grab a couple of last minute tics to see Fukuyama tonight. Will be right up the back but hey, its all good as long as I can get my BURNING FIRE on!

Anyone else going?

The 2nd issue of the F-tama fanclab zine DECULTURE! had this collage of the Crossover Live - I thought it was pretty nice altho Arai and Kasahara are noticeably absent.

Crossover.pdf

Back to Firebomber - I managed to grab a couple of last minute tics to see Fukuyama tonight. Will be right up the back but hey, its all good as long as I can get my BURNING FIRE on!

Anyone else going?

I envy you people more than you can guess... Poor guy living in America...

I envy you people more than you can guess... Poor guy living in America...

Awww, dont be like that Dex! This year has been THE year for Macross music and while Im sure that there are a few good concerts coming up next year, no other year will ever rival 2009 in terms of Macross concerts and music imo.

Will try to report back on the Fukuyama gig tomorrow..... damn I just realised how small its gonna be - only 600ppl?!?!?!

Wow... this should be interesting...

Awww, dont be like that Dex! This year has been THE year for Macross music and while Im sure that there are a few good concerts coming up next year, no other year will ever rival 2009 in terms of Macross concerts and music imo.

Will try to report back on the Fukuyama gig tomorrow..... damn I just realised how small its gonna be - only 600ppl?!?!?!

That is kind of why I envy you. Although truthfully it is Fukuyama I'd want to see in concert whether it was Macross related or not. Maybe someday I'll find a way to make such a trip possible. For now though, I'm a college student going to an expensive school, and I am poor, lol.

Yeah, that sounds about standard for Fukuyama concerts. Looking at the venues for this tour, it looks like the usual suspects, Osaka Muse, ELL Fits-All, etc.. I prefer these to the Fire Bomber concerts because considering Fukuyama's 20-year-spanning repertoire, you never know what you're gonna get. I'm looking forward to seeing the song list for these concerts. Sometimes he does some classic English rock songs during the encores (like Smoke on the Water, Imagine, Bridge Over Troubled Water, Stairway to Heaven, etc...)

In other news, I'm taking a break from life for a little bit and I will get some translations up on here very soon because it's been far too long, dammit. ^_^

Yarr!! B))

City 7 in 2060

“Fifteen Years”

Akiko Hojo (Akiko Lipps)

Fifteen years. So long, yet so short.

When Basara left to wander (the galaxy) we all told Mylene, who could not stop fretting, that as soon as he grows tired Basara will surely return. We never imagined he would still be travelling after so long… Every so often, as if remembering about us, he sends songs he wrote in his travels, so we always have the feeling that Basara is right here with us, but it has already been fifteen years.

There was nothing like the shock when Ray first gave me the opportunity to hear Fire Bomber’s demo tape. Everything began from there. It’s amazing that only fifteen years have passed since then.

In these fifteen years, many artists have come and gone. Recently, Sheryl Nome, the Galactic Fairy, has become a phenomenon that attracts the attention of even us on Macross 7, and little Ranka the Super Dimensional Cinderella who is closing in on Sheryl with all the momentum of a rising sun. This may seem presumptuous, but I can say that both of them have a similar “scent” to Fire Bomber (in fact, even Ranka’s older brother is a fervent Fire Bomber fan). They all seem to be “unable to not sing”. Perhaps even the legendary Lynn Minmay was like this.

When Ray said that he was going to make a 15th anniversary album, I thought I had misheard: there was no way that would be possible. I never imagined Basara would participate (that said, he did not actually return to Macross 7, it was all done through sessions using the Galaxy Network). Maybe he felt an obligation towards the other members whom he left behind. With regards to the sessions held through the network connection, there were many technical issues concerning difficulties due to the time lag, but these hurdles were miraculously cleared due no less to the amazing fact that the song energy of Basara’s songs actually increases with each passing year. In any case, this is truly the first Fire Bomber album in thirteen years, and I believe it is the greatest gift to all the fans (thank you all very much for your love all this time!) Mylene is a solo singer now, Veffidas is a session drummer and Ray is a record producer, but despite them all travelling separate paths, as you hear on the record, there is absolutely nothing to make you assume there was any blank period at all.

That is because Fire Bomber continues to live even now within the hearts of everyone. The reason they never disbanded is that they do not want to lose the place to which Basara can return to.

As Basara sings in the final song, “Waiting for You”, these fifteen years I have been dreaming of the day when the answer everyone is searching for, and the answer Basara and the band are searching for finally meet, and will continue to do so.

OK, I will do "Tokyo in 2009" tomorrow! Enjoy! ^_^

Edited by Renato

Yarr!! B))

City 7 in 2060

“Fifteen Years”

Akiko Hojo (Akiko Lipps)

Fifteen years. So long, yet so short.

When Basara left to wander (the galaxy) we all told Mylene, who could not stop fretting, that as soon as he grows tired Basara will surely return. We never imagined he would still be travelling after so long… Every so often, as if remembering about us, he sends songs he wrote in his travels, so we always have the feeling that Basara is right here with us, but it has already been fifteen years.

There was nothing like the shock when Ray first gave me the opportunity to hear Fire Bomber’s demo tape. Everything began from there. It’s amazing that only fifteen years have passed since then.

In these fifteen years, many artists have come and gone. Recently, Sheryl Nome, the Galactic Fairy, has become a phenomenon that attracts the attention of even us on Macross 7, and little Ranka the Super Dimensional Cinderella who is closing in on Sheryl with all the momentum of a rising sun. This may seem presumptuous, but I can say that both of them have a similar “scent” to Fire Bomber (in fact, even Ranka’s older brother is a fervent Fire Bomber fan). They all seem to be “unable to not sing”. Perhaps even the legendary Lynn Minmay was like this.

When Ray said that he was going to make a 15th anniversary album, I thought I had misheard: there was no way that would be possible. I never imagined Basara would participate (that said, he did not actually return to Macross 7, it was all done through sessions using the Galaxy Network). Maybe he felt an obligation towards the other members whom he left behind. With regards to the sessions held through the network connection, there were many technical issues concerning difficulties due to the time lag, but these hurdles were miraculously cleared due no less to the amazing fact that the song energy of Basara’s songs actually increases with each passing year. In any case, this is truly the first Fire Bomber album in thirteen years, and I believe it is the greatest gift to all the fans (thank you all very much for your love all this time!) Mylene is a solo singer now, Veffidas is a session drummer and Ray is a record producer, but despite them all travelling separate paths, as you hear on the record, there is absolutely nothing to make you assume there was any blank period at all.

That is because Fire Bomber continues to live even now within the hearts of everyone. The reason they never disbanded is that they do not want to lose the place to which Basara can return to.

As Basara sings in the final song, “Waiting for You”, these fifteen years I have been dreaming of the day when the answer everyone is searching for, and the answer Basara and the band are searching for finally meet, and will continue to do so.

OK, I will do "Tokyo in 2009" tomorrow! Enjoy! ^_^

Thank you! :D

Yay! Happy New Year and Merry belated Macrossmas!

Tokyo in 2009

The Hot Summer of Fifteen Years Ago

Shiro Sasaki (Flying Dog)

When Big West approached me and said “Next year is the 15th anniversary of Macross 7”, I blurted out, “OK, shall we do a new album to celebrate the 15th anniversary?”, it was the end for me. I never imagined I would have to endure so much during the hot summer.

It began in 2008. In planning for the Macross 25th Anniversary concert, I found Chie’s homepage on the net and sent her an email, after years of no contact. She immediately replied, and we began corresponding often and I went to her concerts. Meanwhile, I also got in touch with Mari Iijima in the US and got her acceptance to participate in the concert, as well as managing to convince the one actor who performed in all of “Macross”, “Macross Plus” and “Macross 7”, Shou Hayami, to join. All things considered, the 25th anniversary concert was a success, and it produced many offspring projects, like Chie releasing a self-cover Mylene album, and Fukuyama teaming up with Kanna to form the acoustic unit “Fukujin”. With all this going on, I thought it would be interesting to make one more Fire Bomber album.

It was a very hot summer fifteen years ago. Where we would normally simply produce two or three tunes for a new show, in this case, since the main cast of the new show “Macross 7” was supposed to be a rock band, we needed to get over ten songs done by the end of August. We were in the studio until morning every day, and even when going back home to get a bit of rest it was too hot and sweaty to get any sleep, and then it was right back to the studio. Those days still come vividly back to me now. What’s more, we were in the situation where we had blown the entire year’s budget on recording those first ten songs, and if we were rejected extra funds, we would not be able to make any music for the second half of the series (well, it’s all my fault for being disorganized…). In the end, the show was a hit and so was the music, so we got our extra funding, but even now I break out in cold sweats just thinking about that time. It’s amazing that we were able to pull off such an irresponsible thing, but at the same time, that just shows how much we put into the work.

Fifteen years later, I am now an old man. This time I tried my best to involve creators and partners of a new generation. I wanted to create a Fire Bomber which, through the sensibilities of the younger generation like Song [Rui] combined with that of the original generation like Fukuyama, Chie, Inojo and Kyo-chan [Kyoko Fukuyama], would be nostalgic yet new. Whether this experiment was a success or not I will leave up to you, our listeners, but for me, it was certainly an enjoyable time (although I struggled a lot right up until the deadline due, as ever, to me being disorganized). Fukuyama, Chie, thank you very much. And to all the poor creators whom this disorganized old man dragged on to this project (in particular Mr. Masuda from Speedstar Music, this album could not have been possible without you), I’m sorry for all your trouble. Thanks to you, this old man had a fun time.

If I had a time machine, I would go fifteen years into the past to that hot summer, and tell myself to not give up, as there is a lovely reward waiting in fifteen years.

I hope to do more of these in the future, there's some interesting Fukuyama material around..

EDIT -- I didn't check it before uploading it last night because I was going for a drink, but I just re-read this and I found a couple of typos so I fixed them.

Edited by Renato

Yeah, that sounds about standard for Fukuyama concerts. Looking at the venues for this tour, it looks like the usual suspects, Osaka Muse, ELL Fits-All, etc.. I prefer these to the Fire Bomber concerts because considering Fukuyama's 20-year-spanning repertoire, you never know what you're gonna get. I'm looking forward to seeing the song list for these concerts. Sometimes he does some classic English rock songs during the encores (like Smoke on the Water, Imagine, Bridge Over Troubled Water, Stairway to Heaven, etc...)

In other news, I'm taking a break from life for a little bit and I will get some translations up on here very soon because it's been far too long, dammit. ^_^

Wow, you pretty much pegged the concert in a nutshell! lol.

It was a good, yet mixed concert. The sound mixing was better than either the Crossover Live or the Firebomber Reunion imo. The venue was tiny and I was able to get pretty close to the front.

Having said that, I was a little disappointed by the lack of Macross songs. I know Fukuyama has a long recording career but we got maybe 6 Macross songs in a 3 hr concert which is not really a goof representation of the role those songs played in his career. And I'm only really familiar with his Hummingbird and Fire Bomber stuff. We did get a few Hummingbird songs too - must admit I never thought Id get to hear Dream Jack live! :-) Also, a nice extended Nekokoshan

!!!! :-D Possibly the best live version of Burning Fire Ive heard as well - because the audience got to sing all the Mylene parts! lol.

Also, at one point Fukuyama broke into some Enter Sandman which was very...surreal.

Overall a fun time and great value for only 4500yen. I just wish I had gone in with somewhat different expectations (ie, not expecting more Macross songs). Will be better prepared for his next gig ;-)

I hope don't spoil anything, is anyone know which band played in Macross ace ultimate Frontier ? It sound like Humming bird, but what I know Humming Bird is not exist anymore. Some says the change the band name into fire bomber. el me please....

Forgive me if I'm late for reply, thank you.

I hope don't spoil anything, is anyone know which band played in Macross ace ultimate Frontier ? It sound like Humming bird, but what I know Humming Bird is not exist anymore. Some says the change the band name into fire bomber. el me please....

Forgive me if I'm late for reply, thank you.

I don't know about all the music from the game, but the theme song for Ultimate Frontier is Burning Fire, which is from the recent 15th anniversary Fire Bomber album Re.Fire. So it is sung by Yoshiki Fukuyama/Basara Nekki (with some parts by Chie Kajiura/Mylene Jenius). The song is considered a Fire Bomber song though, not any of Fukuyama's solo work, Fukuyama Band, or Hummingbird.

I don't know about all the music from the game, but the theme song for Ultimate Frontier is Burning Fire, which is from the recent 15th anniversary Fire Bomber album Re.Fire. So it is sung by Yoshiki Fukuyama/Basara Nekki (with some parts by Chie Kajiura/Mylene Jenius). The song is considered a Fire Bomber song though, not any of Fukuyama's solo work, Fukuyama Band, or Hummingbird.

Thanks, master dex. Start searching.

Today, I just got my Fire Bomber CD "Re Fire". Man, what a rockin' set of music. That's gonna be in my car for sometime, driving back and forth from the Valley and back to South Bay. Makes me wanna pickup my guitar again. I think I'm gonna learn song #1 or #2.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone heard of The Plasmas?

They just did a new cd dealy and it has a shoa pai lon cover :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/theplasmasvgm

There is a link from there, the cd is "Beware the Alien Invasion" it's track 41btw ^_^

This seems very unrelated to Fire Bomber or Fukuyama.

• 3 months later...

SCOOPDA!!

I never thought I would see this webpage again, but it's back from the dead:

http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/rocky_furuya/

It's Yoshiyuki Furuya's homepage, the bassist from Hummingbird. Apparently, after what has become a ten-year hiatus (to which I am incredulous, it still seems just like yesterday that they broke up!), HummingBird is BACK!!

Kind of.

They have a new song, "Juutakuyou-kasaikeihouki-sentai JuukeiRanger" (phew), or "Home Disaster Alarm Team Juukei-Ranger".

Er... Yeah. It seems to be more of a regional-volunteer, awareness-promotion kinda thing.

Will this be the beginning of something new for Hummingbird, or just a one-off?? Who knows? Watch this space! (Fukuyama's diary does mention that they did it for free and have no funds to sell CDs, so... here's hoping??)

BTW you can download the song for free here: http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/rocky_furu...i/download.html

post-1318-1273071283.jpg

Edited by Renato

Well, Fukuyama did mention during his Shibuya gig late last year that he would be doing some Hummingbird stuff this year. Now I just wish he would hurry up and announce another small Tokyo gig. I love those things.

Speaking of small gigs, is anyone else going to see Chie Kajiura in July? The venue is freaking TINY!!! According to an email she sent out yesterday she will have randomly signed some of the shirts that are for sale too - of course, you wont know if you got one or not until you open the darn thing....

Well, Fukuyama did mention during his Shibuya gig late last year that he would be doing some Hummingbird stuff this year. Now I just wish he would hurry up and announce another small Tokyo gig. I love those things.

Speaking of small gigs, is anyone else going to see Chie Kajiura in July? The venue is freaking TINY!!! According to an email she sent out yesterday she will have randomly signed some of the shirts that are for sale too - of course, you wont know if you got one or not until you open the darn thing....

Fukuyama plays Hummingbird songs all the time in his concerts since he composed most of them anyway, that's nothing new. What IS new is that the song itself is the first new Hummingbird song in over 10 years, since Furuya has been out of the loop forever (in fact, I think he was living abroad for a while, maybe Hawaii?).

As for the Kajiura concert, yeah, I might go. It's a bit pricey, though. I wonder if she has any new material, though. Most of her songs are like 15 years old, too.

Fukuyama plays Hummingbird songs all the time in his concerts since he composed most of them anyway, that's nothing new. What IS new is that the song itself is the first new Hummingbird song in over 10 years, since Furuya has been out of the loop forever (in fact, I think he was living abroad for a while, maybe Hawaii?).

As for the Kajiura concert, yeah, I might go. It's a bit pricey, though. I wonder if she has any new material, though. Most of her songs are like 15 years old, too.

Sorry if I wasnt clear. He didnt say he would be doing Hummingbird songs he said he would be doing stuff with Hummingbird. As in, with the band. Got quite a bit of cheering from the audience.

Im presuming that this new song is what he was referring to, although if they do a concert I will definately be there! (PM me if you hear anything).

Expensive? Im not sure where you usually see live gigs, but 5000 yen (4500 entry + 500 drink ticket) for someone who does solo performances as rarely as Kajiura does is a steal imo. By comparison, May'n tics are usually almost twice that 'granted she does play at larger venues) and due to the high demand I ended up paying 27,000 to get good seats at Maaya Sakamoto recently. 5000yen is an absolute bargain!

She hasnt done any new stuff to my knowledge. Weighing her 2 solo albums from the mid 90's against the mass of Macross 7 song she has done - Im hoping for at least a 50-50 ratio (or possibly slightly weighted in favour of Mac 7 songs). I mean, between the Crossover Live and the Firebomber Reunion (damn that was a good concert! Wheres the DVD Flying Dog?!?) she has definately been getting some practice in!

She hasnt done any new stuff to my knowledge. Weighing her 2 solo albums from the mid 90's against the mass of Macross 7 song she has done - Im hoping for at least a 50-50 ratio (or possibly slightly weighted in favour of Mac 7 songs). I mean, between the Crossover Live and the Firebomber Reunion (damn that was a good concert! Wheres the DVD Flying Dog?!?) she has definately been getting some practice in!

There's also the Chie & Kaname sample from 2006. It's only three more songs though.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm3351470

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm3351524

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm3351567

There's also the Chie & Kaname sample from 2006. It's only three more songs though.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm3351470

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm3351524

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm3351567

True, thats a good point. Since another artist was involved though I pretty much presumed those songs werent in the running to be on the setlist.

Was listening to an audio rip I made from the Fukujin Tengoku live DVD this morning - while it suffers from a lack of Kajiura, Canna (sic) and Fukuyama rocked out so hard at that concert. Double Basara Dynamite Explosion is sooooo good! :-) I'm hoping that Fukuyama does a few more small gigs this year after his Okinawa concert is over. Then again, he has the JAM Project 10th anniversary world tour to do too... Am quite the fan of the new single (Maximise) - nice to hear them do something that isnt from Super Robot Wars from a change.

Hi All,

Does anybody have a nice Guitar Solo and Tabs for : Heart and Soul and Flash in the Dark ?

• 1 month later...

Would anybody be so kind as to translate this for me? http://blogs.dion.ne.jp/chie_sound/archives/9517514.html#more

I get that it's a Chie USB drive but what I'm interested in is this part.

~スペシャル特典~

★★新曲プリプロ音源3曲入り★★

睡眠HEAVEN / candy / 2moon

★★CK手描き歌詞カード★★

★★特典映像★★

The google translate makes it sound like there are 3 new songs preloaded on it and I was curious as to whether or not this was the case.

Would anybody be so kind as to translate this for me? http://blogs.dion.ne.jp/chie_sound/archives/9517514.html#more

I get that it's a Chie USB drive but what I'm interested in is this part.

The google translate makes it sound like there are 3 new songs preloaded on it and I was curious as to whether or not this was the case.

Yeah, you're right!

Bonus features:

• Pre-production sound versions of three songs: "Suimin-Heaven", "Candy" and "2Moon"

• Handwritten lyrics by CK

• Bonus movie

Looking on the homepage, it seems the first pre-ordered drives will also be individually signed by Chie. I'm still on the fence, though. 5000 for 2 GB?

BTW, I got my tickets for her July 24th concert. Hope to see some MWers there, I know Tochiro at least will be there. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Of course you can count on me being there! lol! How often does Chie do solo concerts? Practically never!

I saw that memory stick offer. Do be honest its too pricey for my tastes. The tshirts for the concert are looking good though. And naturally Chie designed everything herself!

I'll probably be busy pre-concert but lets meet up afterwards if possible.

Anyone else going?

Of course you can count on me being there! lol! How often does Chie do solo concerts? Practically never!

I saw that memory stick offer. Do be honest its too pricey for my tastes. The tshirts for the concert are looking good though. And naturally Chie designed everything herself!

I'll probably be busy pre-concert but lets meet up afterwards if possible.

Anyone else going?

I *think* I can manage to scrape together the money to go... I'll let you know.

I went ahead and ordered one of the USB drives and it came in today.

Of the 3 new songs i would say Suimin Heaven is the best and I also really like Candy, but I like the Chie/Kaname sample version of 2mOoN better than the new one. The bonus movie is a video for Suimin Heaven with Chie walking in a park of which I would say about 30% is just her feet as she walks but it's nicely done and she even smiles for a couple seconds before returning to the standard stoic face she has in every picture I've seen of her.

My one complaint is that the songs are in .swf format meant to be played in the pre-installed flash program. I can get them to play in realplayer and media player classic but I want to get them into .mp3 format and I'm too technologically unsophisticated to accomplish this. If any one wants to help send me a pm.