If there is a second Macross PS2 game

Graham

Some of us have theorised that Bandai/Sega-AM2 will probably release a second PS2 Macross game in the near future, probably featuring the YF-19, YF-21, VF-0S and SV-51, that were pulled from the final version of the current Macross PS2 game.

If a second Macross PS2 game is released, what improvements would you like to see? Here's my list: -

• Increase the size of the playing area, it's too small at the moment. While I've never played AM-2's Aero Dancing games, I have played all the Ace Combat games and they have huge playing areas, so technically there should be no problem to do this.
  • Increase the size of the capital ships by two to three times.
  • Add a 2 player split screen vs mode and co-op mode.
  • Add a mission generator.
  • Add a survival mode.
  • More missions, at least 40 to 50 missions total.
  • More unlockable VFs, not just repaints.
  • More realistic weapon loads.
  • Include the need to return to the mother ship or base to refuel (applicable to Space missions only) and rearm ala Macross VO).
  • Add the ability to pilot Zentan/Meltran mecha.
  • Add a speed gauge and a better altitude indicator.

Graham

I think you touched on most of the major things.

I'd like a harder difficulty though, maybe even adjustable difficulty settings. Though getting an "S" on all the stages is hard at times (Ace Combat 04 was easier in that respect), I can't recall dying more than a few times.

A Macross Plus & Macross 7 game would be terrific. Just imagine flying around in your VF-11 while watching Basara sing to the enemies you are trying to shoot down at first, then maybe doing it yourself (Jamming Birds).

For Plus, you can have the Super Nova project itself as many of the levels...imagine strafing runs, missle avoidance,etc. Then, playing as Isamu or Guld you can dogfight each other, then the Ghost. Sounds short though.

Just at the top of my head.

-Custom Paintschemes and logos.

Armored Core can do it, so should Macross.

Also, possibly, a less linear storyline. Your success on certain missions will decide on what your next mission might be. If you keep doing especially well, you get assigned an SDP-1 to knock off a capital ship instead of just being sent out with the grunts to blow up Regults.

Graham got most of the points down. I'd like them to fix some really small things like having the shoulder lights on the pilots stay Yellow instead of any custom color picked for the VF's. like when I pick grey I get grey shouldpads onthe pilot and I don't like that because I'm anal :p

More VFs would be nice, a skull squadron style VF-1j would rock (^_^)

I'd like them to work on the camera so that I can view my VF from the front and top (^_^)

Lastly..... Customizable controls.

Another Macross game? Geez the new PS2 game is less than a month old lol

I wouldn't be surprised if the YF-19 etc are downloads later on. They could of left YF-19 or YF-21 in the game instead of the useless ElintSeeker and Super O or ugly VF-4...at least Basara and the VF-19 aren't in the game...

Here's what I'd like to see in the next game:

Adjustable difficulty

S rankings are not that hard to get. Especially in Free Battle

More variety in the missions.

Too many flying missions, not enough ground missions.

Keep the arcade style

I like the arcade style of the game. I wouldn't want it to turn into a sim game( boring) I like the unrealistic weapons load. It makes the game fun. Just like in the TV series/Movie, the VFs never run out of missiles lol

Piloting enemy mechs

It'd be pretty cool to be a Zentran/Meltran pilot like in Macross VO

Edited by dejr8bud

1. online capability. With an american online patch and server at macrossworld ( I hate split screen)

2. More mecha. Maybe add some destroid missions and many more styles of fighter.

3. Ability to fly zentraidi mecha

4. Triple the amount of missions.

5. Custom paint generator

6. Include life size minmay or myun or sharon apple doll (just kidding)

Well, first I think we need to hope the first Macross PS2 game is atleast at the level of ROCKFRICKINTASTIC.

After that... Screw a VF-11C, screw the Jamming Birds, I wanna play as Basara. Flying in the VF-19Kai, dodging everyone's fire, firing the speaker pods...

And then whip out the GAMMA! All while following the whole show's progression, including the movie. The OVA could be left out for the sake of feeling like a single game...

All with DVD-quality animated cutscenes (Possibly with new animation, as well seeing the character's faces in a Gundam-esque box in the corner of the screen, watching them sing, talk, etc) CD-quality Fire Bomber in-game music (With an RPG-style song progression, sorta like SRW D, as I understand), intuitive controls, and nice graphics that mimic the looks of the show without being cell shaded. Of course, there would be the "DON'T KILL ANYONE" objective, but it's not like you wouldn't be able to shoot (speaker pods, the gamma, and the occasional missle or Pinpoint Barrier Punch...).

Oh, yeah, and with online support for deathmatch, capture the flag, last pilot standing, with every Valk from DYRL to Dynamite.

In other words... Firetastic. Yay.

(Oh wait, you mean the first game's already out? Any reviews?)

Edited by Raptor

1) Make the game ALOT easier! (see my posts in this thread: (click me) )

2) Cockpit View Please!!!

3) Battroid and GERWALK mode controls ala "Virtua On".

4) Can skip every damn movie in the game ESPECIALLY the movie before the hardest part/stage/level!!! :angry: (again, see my posts in this thread: (click me) )

5) Bigger playing field.

6) Original Storyline. A good excuse for getting all the VALKS in one game. :lol:

7) ....................

correct load out sounds nice (the disability to change into battroid mode: for yf19 and vf11 coz of the hard points, can be done on the vf-1 and others)

cockpit view

landing approach part (to complete the mission)

the yf-19, yf-21, vf-0 and sv 51!

the yf-19 reloads its gunpod when in battroid mode.

better design of the hud, rather go with the hud used in the series.